The 28 Planets of Universe 7 - Theories and Discussion

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LightBing
I Live Here

Re: The 28 Planets of Universe 7 - Theories and Discussion

Post by LightBing » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:06 pm

I've updated the opening post.

I've added Yakon and Pocus Homeworlds, although I'm leaning that they probably don't count. I'm not even sure Yakon can count as intelligent life. We have very limited information regarding these two.

I added Planet Sweets which was mentioned in chapter 6 of the manga. Does any one know if the anime made any reference to it?

Freeza and the Galactic Control must have a Center of Operations so I add them as well. Currently Freeza's Empire is no more, however they must have had a Planet with either Slaves or a Totalitarian Society.
After the complete collapse of the Empire with Sobert's, Tagoma and the remnants of the army dead. Something must have happened there. Revolution or something. Certainly there's life out there.

Still regarding Freeza's army. It's very likely Planet Yardrat and let's call it the Bug Planet Vegeta and crew were having trouble conquering are still around. Freeza's was killed not long after together with his strongest fighters. It's very likely that even if the remnants of Freeza's Army tried to invade them they would fail.

Finally Metalman's Homeworld. It's is mentioned they also exist in Universe 7. I don't remember the specifics I'll have to check it later.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:29 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:
Kamiccolo9 wrote:How so?
Not only Freeza or Cold never bring this up but also Freeza's empire is controled by Sorbet after his death instead of someone from his race.
Why would all of Freeza's race have to be galactic overlord-type people?

Freeza and Cold are specifically said by Toriyama to be mutants. It's kinda hard to be a mutant if there aren't "normal" versions of the species to compare to.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:14 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:I will make conjecture but Yakon and PuiPui does have their homeworld, yes we don't know if their species are still intact but we can asume that we have those two.
Isn't Yakon from the Demon realm? Shin called him a Demon beast.[/quote]

Well maybe I don't remember clearly I'll have to check.
LightBing wrote:I've updated the opening post.

I've added Yakon and Pocus Homeworlds, although I'm leaning that they probably don't count. I'm not even sure Yakon can count as intelligent life. We have very limited information regarding these two.

I added Planet Sweets which was mentioned in chapter 6 of the manga. Does any one know if the anime made any reference to it?

Freeza and the Galactic Control must have a Center of Operations so I add them as well. Currently Freeza's Empire is no more, however they must have had a Planet with either Slaves or a Totalitarian Society.
After the complete collapse of the Empire with Sobert's, Tagoma and the remnants of the army dead. Something must have happened there. Revolution or something. Certainly there's life out there.

Still regarding Freeza's army. It's very likely Planet Yardrat and let's call it the Bug Planet Vegeta and crew were having trouble conquering are still around. Freeza's was killed not long after together with his strongest fighters. It's very likely that even if the remnants of Freeza's Army tried to invade them they would fail.

Finally Metalman's Homeworld. It's is mentioned they also exist in Universe 7. I don't remember the specifics I'll have to check it later.
Wouldn't be more efficient to make two batch one anime canon and another manga canon ? :wtf:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:15 pm

LightBing wrote:I've added Yakon and Pocus Homeworlds, although I'm leaning that they probably don't count. I'm not even sure Yakon can count as intelligent life. We have very limited information regarding these two.
They can both talk and conduct themselves better than those Barbarians and they were stated to be human(oid). Of course we don't know if there are more of their races left on their respective planets.
If you are talking about Monaka's home planet, then yeah, I'm pretty sure it was mentioned at some point. Though an earlier episode of the anime also had another planet based on a pun of sweets or something.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:17 pm

LightBing wrote:
Grimlock wrote:There are also the Metamoruseijins out there, probably.
If I'm not mistaken they are only mentioned by Goku who met some in the OtherWorld. For all we know they might be extinct for thousands of years.
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:Although this isn't data narrowing down the reasons why, I remember folks saying that the Jaco The Patrolman manga had Jaco stating that there isn't a lot of sapient life in Universe 7.

If anyone can confirm or deny this, it'd be appreciated.
I can't remember it, certainly a good place to check information related to this thread. I should give the manga another read.

I think I should add a Planet for the Galactic Patrol. They have the Galactic King, had a bunch of members and Jaco ex-girlfriend. Fair to assume they are still around and have some sort of Planet as a base.
precita wrote:My take on this is there's only 28 planets with intelligent life, much less fighters.

Just like in our real life universe, there are millions of planets out there that are just barren wastelands like Mars or just giant gas planets. And in Dragonball, there's likely some planets where the only life is bacteria, or small insects or animals. So obviously they can't be used for anything.

Even in the anime filler we see Freeza blowing up planets all the time, we saw Vegeta/Nappa blow up planet Arlia, etc.
I don't have the full quote from the manga. Herms mentioned it only maybe there's more to it. The anime line isn't specific either. Still I'm assuming Kaioshin is mentioning intelligent life only.

Like I said in the opening post, it's best to ignore filler material and such. Clearly that wasn't made with this information into account.
The Galactic Patrol doesn’t have a planet for a base

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:20 pm

The only planets in the cosmos we know of the existed was the Earth, Planet Vegeta, Namekku Planet, Planet Freeza No. 79, Planet Freeza No. 17, Planet Yardrat, Planet Sadala, Beerus’s Planet, Planet Potaefu, and New Namekku Planet.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:57 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:Wouldn't be more efficient to make two batch one anime canon and another manga canon ?
It's very easy to spot when the anime adds stuff. Their "filler" in Super has added a bunch of races and some planets. Both mediums core plots should provide us with the same answers, if they don't it's just a question of noticing it and analysing it.
dbgtFO wrote:
LightBing wrote:I've added Yakon and Pocus Homeworlds, although I'm leaning that they probably don't count. I'm not even sure Yakon can count as intelligent life. We have very limited information regarding these two.
They can both talk and conduct themselves better than those Barbarians and they were stated to be human(oid). Of course we don't know if there are more of their races left on their respective planets.
If you are talking about Monaka's home planet, then yeah, I'm pretty sure it was mentioned at some point. Though an earlier episode of the anime also had another planet based on a pun of sweets or something.
Were the Barbarians considered intelligent life? Anyway just me speculating, it doesn't really add much.

I don't think it's the same. It's mentioned in the flashback of Champa's and Beerus fight. I can't remember if Monaka's planet was ever named in the manga.
Meshack wrote:The Galactic Patrol doesn’t have a planet for a base
Do you have a source or is that your opinion? And it it is your opinion could you elaborate what makes you think so?

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:23 pm

Yakon is implied to be from the Demon Realm, though. Shin called him a demon beast and he's identified as one on his Daizenshuu bio:
Chapter: 451 (DBZ 257), P5.3-4
Kaioshin: “Th-that’s right! The demon beast Yakon eats light energy…! Goku’s energy after he becomes a Super Saiyan is probably the best food for him…!”
Yakon
Babidi’s underling
First Appearance: chapter 450
Special Characteristics: Called a demonic beast, he’s a monster which even Kaioshin is afraid of. He prefers pitch-black darkness, and so can see even in the dark. Though he tried to eat Goku and co., his most favorite meal is light.
Battles: He squared off against Goku on Stage 2. On the Planet of Darkness, which Babidi prepared for them, he used the darkness to his own advantage. What’s more, he sucked up Super Saiyan Goku’s light energy, but Goku then put out an overwhelming amount of energy. Yakon was unable to suck it all up, and so he ruptured and died.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:Freeza and Cold are specifically said by Toriyama to be mutants. It's kinda hard to be a mutant if there aren't "normal" versions of the species to compare to.
True. So it's possible there is a Freeza race and planet, after all.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:53 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:
Yakon is implied to be from the Demon Realm, though. Shin called him a demon beast and he's identified as one on his Daizenshuu bio:
Being a Demon isn't the same as being from the Demon Realm. Wasn't Piccolo Daimao called a Demon?
While the Planet of Darkness isn't said directly to be Yakon's Homeworld it's very much implied. It's his favourite place and I doubt Babidi was taking his minions sightseeing the Galaxy meaning it's his home. Besides repeating what was done with Pocus taking him home to provide an advantage; there's a trend.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 6:43 pm

LightBing wrote:Being a Demon isn't the same as being from the Demon Realm. Wasn't Piccolo Daimao called a Demon?
Well, Piccolo considered himself one. Considering Yakon is introduced as a demon on the same point Dabra and the Demon realm were introduced, i think it's safe to assume Yakon belongs to another realm just like Dabra.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:09 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:
LightBing wrote:Being a Demon isn't the same as being from the Demon Realm. Wasn't Piccolo Daimao called a Demon?
Well, Piccolo considered himself one. Considering Yakon is introduced as a demon on the same point Dabra and the Demon realm were introduced, i think it's safe to assume Yakon belongs to another realm just like Dabra.
You can't ignore how the Planet of Darkness is his favourite place and fits perfectly for his characteristics. He can see in the dark and eat light, it's pretty blatant that is his Homeworld and like I said it's continuing the trend set with Pocus.

If anyone else would like to weight on this, we can use good old democracy. To me it's obvious he's from the Planet of Darkness.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 7:57 pm

LightBing wrote: You can't ignore how the Planet of Darkness is his favourite place and fits perfectly for his characteristics. He can see in the dark and eat light, it's pretty blatant that is his Homeworld and like I said it's continuing the trend set with Pocus.

If anyone else would like to weight on this, we can use good old democracy. To me it's obvious he's from the Planet of Darkness.
So the planet of Darkness is located on the Demon Realm.

Unless planets from the Demon Realm also count? If they do count, then we can add the planet of Dabra and the other Makais too.

This made me wonder... Does the universe still look like this?:

Zillamon51
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zillamon51 » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:53 pm

How about watching the Namek / Frieza arcs, and taking note of all the different races that appear? Zarbon, Dodoria, Kui, Appule, and the others have to come from somewhere.

Also, add wherever Tarble and his wife are at.
"...It’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always." - Akira Toriyama, on transitioning from DBZ to DBS.

"Just repeat to yourself, It's just a show,
I should really just relax..." - MST3K theme song

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:25 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:
LightBing wrote: You can't ignore how the Planet of Darkness is his favourite place and fits perfectly for his characteristics. He can see in the dark and eat light, it's pretty blatant that is his Homeworld and like I said it's continuing the trend set with Pocus.

So the planet of Darkness is located on the Demon Realm.

Unless planets from the Demon Realm also count? If they do count, then we can add the planet of Dabra and the other Makais too.

This made me wonder... Does the universe still look like this?:
My grip is that they could have easily made the connection. But I concede that it's possible. Planets from the Demon Realm shouldn't count, I remember reading that Kaioshins don't know or know very little of what's going on there.

Maybe, hard to know with Super expanding the lore so much.
Zillamon51 wrote:How about watching the Namek / Frieza arcs, and taking note of all the different races that appear? Zarbon, Dodoria, Kui, Appule, and the others have to come from somewhere.

I'm currently re-reading the manga and will pay attention. Counting races shouldn't be productive however, just look at Earth and the diversity it has. Very difficult to use that method when the manga doesn't even bother naming 99% of the races.

Didn't remember Tarble, I'll add it. I wonder if he's supposed to exist in Super..., BoG mentioned him however both Super mediums don't.

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:58 pm

Zillamon51 wrote:How about watching the Namek / Frieza arcs, and taking note of all the different races that appear? Zarbon, Dodoria, Kui, Appule, and the others have to come from somewhere.

Honestly, i wouldn't be surprised if they were the last of their races. Freeza was wrecking havoc trought Namek killing everyone, only inviting the strongest ones ie Nail to his army.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:21 pm

Thinking how the Namekians were almost wiped out by extreme weather conditions adds another dimension to this topic.

If arguably one of the most powerful races in the Universe, with magic powers and at the time technological capabilities for space flight were victim to catastrophes/extinction events then maybe the Universe is a much harsher place than it appears to be.

I'm starting to come around on this idea. Riding the assumption that Freeza's Empire was constituted 95% by temporary settlements. :think:

By the way if anyone has good a theory to explain why only 28 planets, I'll be happy to post it in the opening post. The only requirement is that it's well written and well justified.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:40 pm

I personally think why there are only 28 worlds in Universe 7, is because goku will wish all the erased souls into universe 7. It makes the most sense. A massive mega-verse filled with trillions of new beings.

Ilikepictures-meh
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ilikepictures-meh » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:55 am

Berserker1921 wrote:I personally think why there are only 28 worlds in Universe 7, is because goku will wish all the erased souls into universe 7. It makes the most sense. A massive mega-verse filled with trillions of new beings.
Completely agree, and it could/would lead to future complications, and make it far easier to explain new villains for future arcs and such if the other 7 universes inhabitants merge with U7.