The 28 Planets of Universe 7 - Theories and Discussion

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LightBing
I Live Here

The 28 Planets of Universe 7 - Theories and Discussion

Post by LightBing » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:24 pm

The purpose of this thread is to try and discover what are the 28 Planets with Mortals in Universe 7 and come up with theories and explanations for how we reached this state.
For this discussion it's best to ignore material that didn't come up from Mr.Toriyama himself, since it's very likely that this tidbit is from him and other sources will not comply with this.

Know Planets:
Planet Earth
New Namek

Very Likely Planets:
The planet Vegeta, Nappa and Raditz were conquering before going to Earth.
Planet Yardrat
Freeza's Empire Center (Fair to assume they had a Planet as the Center of the Empire)
Galactic's Patrol Planet (Once again we should assume they have a Planet as their center of operations)

Possible Planets:
Monaka's Planet(Assuming he lives somewhere with enough population to be considered).
Metalman's Homeworld
Planet Zoon (Pocus Homeworld)
Planet of Darkness (Yakon's Homeworld)
Planet Sweets (Mentioned in the Manga)
Planet where Tarble and his wife live.

Main Causes
  • Boo's cycles of destruction. This factor should be the most relevant for such little life.
  • Beerus being a bad Hakaishin and destroying based on his humours.
  • Freeza's rule who as we know destroyed Planet Vegeta and must have killed trillions or more of mortals.
  • Kaioshin inexperience a consequence of Majin Boo's killing his fellow Gods. This might have result in him failing to create new planets and helping younger races to prosper.
I'll update this topic any time there's relevant information. I assume we'll have mostly have theories unfortunately.
Last edited by LightBing on Mon Nov 20, 2017 1:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Re: The 28 Planets of Universe 7 - Theories and Discussion

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:46 pm

I think we already a thread like this:
viewtopic.php?t=38144#p1282165
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:03 pm

Neo-Makaiōshin wrote:I think we already a thread like this:
viewtopic.php?t=38144#p1282165
That thread was inactive for months and has a wide reach.

This one has the purpose of cataloguing and gathering information in a in-universe context. Not the place for people to say if they like this tidbit or not like that other thread.
If the mods disagree they'll act.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:22 pm

There are also the Metamoruseijins out there, probably.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:47 pm

Although this isn't data narrowing down the reasons why, I remember folks saying that the Jaco The Patrolman manga had Jaco stating that there isn't a lot of sapient life in Universe 7.

If anyone can confirm or deny this, it'd be appreciated.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:49 pm

My take on this is there's only 28 planets with intelligent life, much less fighters.

Just like in our real life universe, there are millions of planets out there that are just barren wastelands like Mars or just giant gas planets. And in Dragonball, there's likely some planets where the only life is bacteria, or small insects or animals. So obviously they can't be used for anything.

Even in the anime filler we see Freeza blowing up planets all the time, we saw Vegeta/Nappa blow up planet Arlia, etc.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:22 pm

Grimlock wrote:There are also the Metamoruseijins out there, probably.
If I'm not mistaken they are only mentioned by Goku who met some in the OtherWorld. For all we know they might be extinct for thousands of years.
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:Although this isn't data narrowing down the reasons why, I remember folks saying that the Jaco The Patrolman manga had Jaco stating that there isn't a lot of sapient life in Universe 7.

I can't remember it, certainly a good place to check information related to this thread. I should give the manga another read.

I think I should add a Planet for the Galactic Patrol. They have the Galactic King, had a bunch of members and Jaco ex-girlfriend. Fair to assume they are still around and have some sort of Planet as a base.
precita wrote:My take on this is there's only 28 planets with intelligent life, much less fighters.

Just like in our real life universe, there are millions of planets out there that are just barren wastelands like Mars or just giant gas planets. And in Dragonball, there's likely some planets where the only life is bacteria, or small insects or animals. So obviously they can't be used for anything.

Even in the anime filler we see Freeza blowing up planets all the time, we saw Vegeta/Nappa blow up planet Arlia, etc.
I don't have the full quote from the manga. Herms mentioned it only maybe there's more to it. The anime line isn't specific either. Still I'm assuming Kaioshin is mentioning intelligent life only.

Like I said in the opening post, it's best to ignore filler material and such. Clearly that wasn't made with this information into account.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:52 pm

It doesn't make sense cause Freeza and the Saiyans were selling planets AFTER killing everyone on them for years so how did that all go on with just 28 planets ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:17 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:Although this isn't data narrowing down the reasons why, I remember folks saying that the Jaco The Patrolman manga had Jaco stating that there isn't a lot of sapient life in Universe 7.

One of the characters asks Jaco how the Galactic Patrol functions with only 38 members and he says "there's not much intelligent life in the-." There's info about it here
sintzu wrote:It doesn't make sense cause Freeza and the Saiyans were selling planets AFTER killing everyone on them for years so how did that all go on with just 28 planets ?
There were more than 28 planets before Frieza and the Saiyans killed everyone on them?

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:18 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:There were more than 28 planets before Frieza and the Saiyans killed everyone on them?
Was that said in the episode ?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:27 pm

sintzu wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:There were more than 28 planets before Frieza and the Saiyans killed everyone on them?
Here's the conversation:

Gohan: Before that, Supreme Kai sama. How many planets in Universe 7 have mortal life on them?

Shin: We've lost Planet Sadala, Planet Namek, Planet Vegeta and such, so there are about 28 now.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:28 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Here's the conversation:

Gohan: Before that, Supreme Kai sama. How many planets in Universe 7 have mortal life on them?

Shin: We've lost Planet Sadala, Planet Namek, Planet Vegeta and such, so there are about 28 now.
This doens't make sense at all and goes against established facts from the manga. it would've been so much easier to just say life able to fight in a torunament but they clearly don't take the time to think before they write.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:31 pm

sintzu wrote:This doens't make sense at all and goes against established facts from the manga. it would've been so much easier to just say life able to fight in a torunament but they clearly don't take the time to think before they write.
How so? It says there were more before but now there are only 28 left after all the shit that's happened. Beerus wiped out at least one and a half just at the start of the series.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:34 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:How so?
The Saiyans and Freeza were killing planets for years. Even before Freeza was brought back in RF Sorbet was ordering his men to pull back from one of them.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:43 pm

sintzu wrote:
The Saiyans and Freeza were killing planets for years. Even before Freeza was brought back in RF Sorbet was ordering his men to pull back from one of them.
I'm not seeing the contradiction here. Years of killing are the reason there are 28 left now. He's not saying there always were just 28. And in RF Sorbet pulls up a graphic of the universe showing the planets which are/are not under Frieza Force control...and there are 28.

We know Frieza has a lot of planets under his control but we don't know anything about 99% of them. They could be outposts for his troops or uninhabited worlds he laid claim to to sell off for mining or resources or whatever else.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Nov 17, 2017 6:36 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
sintzu wrote:
I'm not seeing the contradiction here. Years of killing are the reason there are 28 left now. He's not saying there always were just 28. And in RF Sorbet pulls up a graphic of the universe showing the planets which are/are not under Frieza Force control...and there are 28.

We know Frieza has a lot of planets under his control but we don't know anything about 99% of them. They could be outposts for his troops or uninhabited worlds he laid claim to to sell off for mining or resources or whatever else.
Exactly this. Planet Freeza #79 the one we see Vegeta escape too seems to be located on a moon with only a base in it. That could be most of Freeza's planets.

The Empire could function like so:
  • Conquer, enslave and kill.
  • Sell Planets to Industries that will suck the Planet dry/sell the beautiful Planets to the ultra-rich.
  • The industries sell technologies to Frieza's Empire to keep the cycle going.
Meanwhile Freeza keeps the best warriors and scientific minds to himself.

The Empire would be composed of a few Central Planets. The rest being Bases like Planet Freeza #79.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 1:48 am

I don't think we can count such planets like Freeza #79. Those planets are more for base than for civilization itself.

I think we can at least dismiss a possibility of a planet of Freeza's race. It's heavily implied the only members of Freeza race are himself and Cold, after all.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:57 am

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:
I think we can at least dismiss a possibility of a planet of Freeza's race. It's heavily implied the only members of Freeza race are himself and Cold, after all.
How so?
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Nov 18, 2017 8:57 am

I will make conjecture but Yakon and PuiPui does have their homeworld, yes we don't know if their species are still intact but we can asume that we have those two.

We can count New Namek, Yardrat of course Earth, the planet of the Galactic Patrol, the homeworld of Monaka. We have already seven planet now, here is the trick at this point the Super Anime is a follow up of DBZ anime canonically wise, so we have perhaps more hint of potential planet available ? :?
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 11:26 am

Kamiccolo9 wrote:How so?
Not only Freeza or Cold never bring this up but also Freeza's empire is controled by Sorbet after his death instead of someone from his race.
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:I will make conjecture but Yakon and PuiPui does have their homeworld, yes we don't know if their species are still intact but we can asume that we have those two.
Isn't Yakon from the Demon realm? Shin called him a Demon beast.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!