Canonizing elements !?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Canonizing elements !?

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:57 pm

I want to open a discussion about cononizing elements from either games such as Ozotto or GT such as SSJ4 or such as Movies like Dr Uiro. I wanted to know how you would canonize your favorites elements in non-canonical elements from the Dragon Ball Franchise ? For me I have three favorites non-canonical elements in my part that I would love to see in the canon Dragon Ball.

Big Gete Star, Hatchiyack & Bebi.

The three can perfectly be combined into each other, first Big Gete Star can replace M2 and be a sentient mechanical planet who can help both Dr Myu and Dr Raichi into developping their own project, those project also are complementary resulting into my Avatar picture. You can even stretch and link Slug into the mix.

The deal would be after the Saiyan defeated the Tsuful the spaceship loaded with Dr Raichi and his project land in the former M2 Planet, where there the Big Gete Star arrived and assimilate the planet. Dr Myu would be a former sentient ningen from former M2. And then with the knowledge and DNA of Tsuful stocked in the ancient spaceship the two project start to kick in.

I Imagine at one point that Slug would land on this planet and stole some technology for his own wrong doing. And for introduce Slug why not choose New Namek as setting instead of Earth.

For the setting date of those elements I imagine that this can take place after Uub training.

So have you ever had some thought, some idea or concept to how canonize non-canonical elements into the Dragon Ball canon ?
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Canonizing elements !?

Post by Meshack » Sun Nov 19, 2017 2:13 pm

No. No more elements from other stuff like GT or video games. Super needs more originality. The only thing I can see being canonized is Super Saiyan 4, an actual successor to Super Saiyan 3 and not needing a tail.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:42 pm

Meshack wrote:No. No more elements from other stuff like GT or video games. Super needs more originality. The only thing I can see being canonized is Super Saiyan 4, an actual successor to Super Saiyan 3 and not needing a tail.
That's a topic for discussing idea not a topic of what will happen and I don't see why canonizing elements from either movie or videogames is a bad idea ? Because there is still room for also what you want originality.

Super do it well Kale being the canonized elements and hit the originality.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:54 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
Meshack wrote:No. No more elements from other stuff like GT or video games. Super needs more originality. The only thing I can see being canonized is Super Saiyan 4, an actual successor to Super Saiyan 3 and not needing a tail.
That's a topic for discussing idea not a topic of what will happen and I don't see why canonizing elements from either movie or videogames is a bad idea ? Because there is still room for also what you want originality.

Kale is not original at all. She seems to be original because compared to Broly, Kale actually has something other than hatred for “KACARROT!”. She still has the obsessive behavior Broly had, shy in her normal form, needs someone to calm her down, jealousy, continuously shouting someones name, and probably some others.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:01 am

Meshack wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:

Kale is not original at all. She seems to be original because compared to Broly, Kale actually has something other than hatred for “KACARROT!”. She still has the obsessive behavior Broly had, shy in her normal form, needs someone to calm her down, jealousy, continuously shouting someones name, and probably some others.
It's what I said Kale is not original but she represent a canonized idea from the Broly movies.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:15 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:
Meshack wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:

It's what I said Kale is not original but she represent a canonized idea from the Broly movies.
I actually had a typo

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:29 pm

It wasn't done perfectly (directly copying Broli's scenes was pointless, especially as they knew they would NOT be as well animated as scenes from a theatrical movie) but I say Kale is the way Toei should do it in future (and better) if they feel like bringing some of the more popular elements from movies/GT/games into new 'main TV/manga continuity'.

They could literally do the same thing with SSJ4 design. Doesn't matter if it's called differently. Have some rogue/splinter Saiyan tribe in U6 with tails use SSJ4 form as their 'standard' powerup and recanonize it into the franchise this way (and then possibly allow one of the U7 to do it as well since they still can regrow tails).

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:10 am

Basaku wrote:It wasn't done perfectly (directly copying Broli's scenes was pointless, especially as they knew they would NOT be as well animated as scenes from a theatrical movie) but I say Kale is the way Toei should do it in future (and better) if they feel like bringing some of the more popular elements from movies/GT/games into new 'main TV/manga continuity'.

They could literally do the same thing with SSJ4 design. Doesn't matter if it's called differently. Have some rogue/splinter Saiyan tribe in U6 with tails use SSJ4 form as their 'standard' powerup and recanonize it into the franchise this way (and then possibly allow one of the U7 to do it as well since they still can regrow tails).
Well I have a suggestion for the SSJ4 in this topic viewtopic.php?f=25&t=40346 I explained how they can go with the whole Triplet/Twins Universe thingy.

So if the Universe 13 to 18 return then maybe we will learn that the Univers was triplet

U01 = U12 = U13
U02 = U11 = U14
U03 = U10 = U15
U04 = U09 = U16
U05 = U08 = U17
U06 = U07 = U18

So U18 Could have also Saiyan and Namekian and why not a good way to put the Makaioshin into the mix ?

And speaking about U18 Saiyan they can introduce the SSJ4 being part of their own specific transformation, with Univers 6 being the one who can hold the Broly transformation type. So each Univers would have its own Saiyan transformation archetype.