Reactions to DBZ if it came out today

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MR.Mark
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Reactions to DBZ if it came out today

Post by MR.Mark » Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:36 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
MR.Mark wrote:I can't wait for a future arc of Super where Roshi takes on a resurrected Raditz who achieved Ultra Instinct by watching Goku do it while he was in hell.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

* breaths in *

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Don't laugh I'm serious. The battle will be so beyond our imagination it will last a fraction of a fraction of a second. Of course this will be slowed down to 50 episodes so we can understand what is happening.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:29 pm

Personally, I can't believe Toriyama stopped Dr. Slump to write this self-serious garbage. Toriyama, you are NOT a story manga author. You do gags and short one-off stories. Nobody reads JUMP for a continuing story, it's like 200-fucking-yen, it's just cheap throwaway shit for reading on the toilet, make it easier to follow!!!!! Like, really, having an entire story arc dedicated to a martial arts tournament? It ran for thirty fucking chapters! And now that Sun Wukong rip-off is fighting A FUCKING ARMY? Eww. Why is JUMP trying to be so emo and edgy now? Get back to the gags and funny poop jokes. Everything was way better before Toriyama decided to start writing serious stories. And his art! I can't believe he's switching over from the flat, eye-level layouts he used in Dr. Slump to more dynamic ones. How am I supposed to take this comic seriously if the art isn't crude anymore? Fuck, man, 1985 is turning into the worse year ever.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:05 pm

Vegeta has a son from the future who is a Super Saiyan? And Bulma is the mother? I thought she was going to marry Yamcha.

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:33 pm

The whole Cell arc exists because Toriyama likes Terminator, what a hack, cashing in on popular movies to push his manga.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:37 pm

What's this, a fat pink marshmallow man as the new main villain? Toriyama is a hack and out of ideas!

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Sat Nov 25, 2017 2:44 am

And the reactions keep piling up. Someone seems out of touch.

Timetraveller
Beyond Newbie

Post by Timetraveller » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:45 am

How the hell is Roshi this strong? He shouldn't be able to beat Tien...This is blatant fan service.

Oh wait, it never happened and DBZ was pretty consistent with power scaling

Timetraveller
Beyond Newbie

Post by Timetraveller » Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:54 am

Why do all the characters look weak and malnourished? Why haven't any of the characters aged? Roshi can mafuba characters thousands of times stronger than he is? Why are they reusing old designs but changing their color schemes? Did they think we wouldn't notice? Why is Goku fighting in base when he's achieved 2 or 3 super saiyan transformations?

Non-existent reactions to DBZ

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sat Nov 25, 2017 3:55 pm

It will probably be the same reaction that Super gets now.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:45 pm

DBZ would get memed harder today if it came out now.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:19 pm

Timetraveller wrote:How the hell is Roshi this strong? He shouldn't be able to beat Tien...This is blatant fan service.

Yeah, screw old characters getting the chance to shine again, let them stay sidelined so fans can complain that they never get used anymore, oh wait.

Stupid Super and it's crap writing, 17 and 18 bonding and working together? They were at there best when they drove around in a lucky foods van and serving as a power up for Cell.

Kale and Califla? Get those Vaginas out of there! We need more time spent on other characters like Ten and Roshi so I can complain about power scaling!

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:30 pm

So this thread has been reduced to making up complaints that don’t exist rather than reading the actual complaints of people experiencing it real-time. Good to know this thread is no longer about actual fact if it even was.

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:40 pm

Clearly this thread was pointless anyway since we know DBZ is a masterpiece, filler and 8 generation audio included.

Why did Piccolo's blood go from red to purple? There's no consistency in this show, lazy!

Why is Bulma's mouth spazing out and not matching when she flys off with Yajorobe and baby Trunks?! I hope someone memes that soon, terrible animation!

Popo can stand up to Trunks and Goten?! Did he train secretly?

Timetraveller
Beyond Newbie

Post by Timetraveller » Sun Nov 26, 2017 3:25 am

MR.Mark wrote:
Timetraveller wrote:How the hell is Roshi this strong? He shouldn't be able to beat Tien...This is blatant fan service.

Yeah, screw old characters getting the chance to shine again, let them stay sidelined so fans can complain that they never get used anymore, oh wait.

Stupid Super and it's crap writing, 17 and 18 bonding and working together? They were at there best when they drove around in a lucky foods van and serving as a power up for Cell.

Kale and Califla? Get those Vaginas out of there! We need more time spent on other characters like Ten and Roshi so I can complain about power scaling!
When fans said they wanted side characters to shine again, I don't think they meant guys who haven't done ANYTHING since DB. "Why isn't Oolong fighting in the tournament? Ninja Murasaki should be on the team!". And People wanted them to be included in a way that doesn't throw out all logic and internal consistency

I'm pretty no one's complained about 17 or 18 bonding together. They fought more together in DBZ.

Kale and Caulifla? Yeah, who needs good characterization and development when you can just throw in 2 one-dimensional female super saiyans. This is what we've wanted for years right? Dumb fan service

And Popo fighting Trunks and Goten was comedy filler.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:00 am

So Bulma propose to kill Gero with the help of Dragon Ball smart idea ! But Vegeta and Goku didn't like that because they are stupid shit Saiyan who don't think practical, it's not like Gero already have do wrong by working under the Red Ribbon army, bloody battle crazy maniac, I hope that backfire at you idiot.

So Goku give a Senzu to Cell how stupid and idiot can Goku get his needs to fair fight are cringy as fuck we speak about Cell a monster who can blast Earth in one Go.

I hate the logic of certain character so dumb/idiot, I drop this show that is not Dragon Ball anymore.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:33 am

Olong never even fought Goku properly! As soon as they found out he was just a pig man he was pushed aside, bad writing!

Chouzu never ages what is he?! He is a pointless character that makes no sense!

Bulma's parents never age, Toriyama must of forgot to do that just like how he forgot Lunch existed, lazy.

Scouters?! The mysticism of ki and martial arts has been reduced to mathematics, the magic is gone!

Son Vegito
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Son Vegito » Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:58 am

Yeah that's pretty much how people would react if DBZ would come out today. But still it was very entertaining and had something special. Ofcourse some would hate it. I would compare it to the anime Akame ga Kill which was very simple, not greatly written show but it was damn amazing because of the action, characters, music, hype, gore and fights. Same with DBZ, it was just very cool.

Super on the other hand. I'm not even one who gets distracted and annoyed by small annoyances, but Super is something different. Not only has it lost almost every charm it had in DBZ(that doesn't even really bother me, since I rate this series on its own), but it's like the series is written by an amateur(Toei in this case) with no structure and tension at all.

MR.Mark

Post by MR.Mark » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:39 am

Gotenks is just dicking around with Buu, there's no tension! Even after he ate everyone, Gotenks is still cracking jokes, DBZ used to be a serious show!

Why should I care about Gohan beating Cell? He spent most of the arc doing nothing important, there was no build up at all!

Goku didn't know how to fly for years, yet Videl learns how in afew days? Fucking lame.

Roshi is grabbing 18's boobs, omg he's a rapist now, I miss classic Roshi from Dragon Ball, they flanderised his character!