How much does Kachi Kachin and Kachin weigh?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

xking

How much does Kachi Kachin and Kachin weigh?

Post by xking » Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:02 am

How much does Kachi Kachin and Kachin weigh? has eveyone ever found out?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: How much does Kachi Kachin and Kachin weigh?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Nov 26, 2017 7:19 pm

No, and there's no real way to tell unless it's stated somewhere by an in-universe source.

Considering how the ToP arena is floating in the middle of nowhere and gravity is different for pretty much every fighter, there's no way to measure it even theoretically.

As for normal Katchin, in the DBS manga Zamasu throws blocks of the stuff at Goku and Vegeta, and when they dodge them they hit the ground and don't sink into it (and this is on Earth so there are no weird gravity things going on) so I suppose you could derive an upper limit from that, but I wouldn't trust such a calculation.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Nov 26, 2017 8:31 pm

xking wrote:How much does Kachi Kachin and Kachin weigh? has eveyone ever found out?
Assuming that ordinary Katchin is harder than the most dense metal on Earth(Osmium) then it has to have an even greater mass therefore greater weight under a planet's gravity, though by how much to any extent is unknown as of yet.
The Katchin cube that Goku has a volume of approximately 27 cubic meters, if a solid Osmium cube with the same volume was built then its weight under Earth's gravity would be 609,930 Kgs or 1,344,665.48 Ibs(672.33 tons). If Katchin is supposed to be harder than a theoretical cube of Osmium with the same volume then the cube Goku lifts weighs about 700 tons or more.
How much harder Kachi Katchin weighs is comparison is anyone's guess.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:29 am

theherodjl wrote:
xking wrote:How much does Kachi Kachin and Kachin weigh? has eveyone ever found out?
Assuming that ordinary Katchin is harder than the most dense metal on Earth(Osmium) then it has to have an even greater mass therefore greater weight under a planet's gravity, though by how much to any extent is unknown as of yet.
The Katchin cube that Goku has a volume of approximately 27 cubic meters, if a solid Osmium cube with the same volume was built then its weight under Earth's gravity would be 609,930 Kgs or 1,344,665.48 Ibs(672.33 tons). If Katchin is supposed to be harder than a theoretical cube of Osmium with the same volume then the cube Goku lifts weighs about 700 tons or more.
How much harder Kachi Katchin weighs is comparison is anyone's guess.
The thing is that density doesn't correlate with hardness like that - diamond is harder than osmium for instance.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:41 pm

Isn't Katchin described as the densest material in the (7th?) universe, rather than the hardest, anyway? That's definitely what I remember from the Buu saga description of the stuff anyway; unsure if Super has mentioned it also being the hardest at some point.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:36 pm

Pantalones wrote:Isn't Katchin described as the densest material in the (7th?) universe, rather than the hardest, anyway? That's definitely what I remember from the Buu saga description of the stuff anyway; unsure if Super has mentioned it also being the hardest at some point.
Density doesn't correlate to weight either, though. A container of Styrofoam is denser than same-sized container of water, but at a certain point, the water will outweigh the Styrofoam.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:46 pm

Katchin Steel is the densest metal in the 7th Universe. Kachin Katchin Steel is denser than Katchin Steel.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:57 pm

I'm pretty sure they said hardest, not densest. If anything, the Z sword is denser (though not as hard).