War Crimes in the DB universe.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

keyz05
Beyond Newbie

War Crimes in the DB universe.

Post by keyz05 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:42 pm

Some War Crimes that I've managed to find out in DB universe can be summed up by this:

-Vegeta tortures an unarmed and downed combatant.
-Freeza hard-heartedly murdering innocent and peaceful civilians, including children.
-Goku unintentionally allowing non-combatants battles, Hercule and the camera guy to be exact.
-Boo mercilessly killing all the Humans on the planet Earth.

Does anyone else have any War Crimes they sought to put out by any chance?
Last edited by keyz05 on Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: War Crimes in the DB universe.

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:57 pm

Zamasu destroying entire civilizations and infesting the very fabric of the Universe definitely count as War Crimes.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Nov 28, 2017 1:58 pm

Everything Frost did.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:06 pm

King Piccolo blows up his own city.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:50 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:Everything Frost did.
This is pretty much the only correct answer. None of these other events occurred during wartime.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Nov 28, 2017 5:20 pm

I guess it would be technically accurate to say that the warring powers in question would have to be some kind of officially recognised organisation before their atrocities can be labeled as "war crimes". Would the Red Ribbon Army count? They were a paramilitary organisation with terroristic methodologies and an aspiration to conquer the world, presumably by usurping the global government. Some of their on-screen war crimes include kidnapping a local town official (mayor of Jingle Village), extorting labour out of the populace under threat of their leader being executed, conspiracy to commit mass murder on the village (Jingle Village) after locating the Dragon Ball, attempted sexual violation (Bulma), attempted murder of said civilian, attempting to kidnap civilians (Roshi and Launch), intent to commit multiple murders against helpless by-standards after having already restrained them with an explosive device, robbing civilians of their vehicles, holding a child (Arale) against her will with a knife, attempted extortion of a Dragon Ball with threat of violence, kidnapping of a child with threat of death if their demands are not met, and ect.

Those are just the on-screen criminal activities of the RRA from the manga. Who knows how much they perpetrated behind the scenes.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:23 pm

Yeahz like Lionel said most of the war crimes we saw where commited by the RRA. There is Nappa blowing up a city of innocents as well.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

manwolf
Not-So-Newbie

Post by manwolf » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:32 pm

The crimes of the Red Ribbon can be considered terrorism more that war crimes. The world of Dragon ball have one big state and the Red ribbon apparently don't declare a secession, so they commit serious crime but because they don't declare an open war.

Pretty much the rest of the villain commit war crimes, the exceptions are the androids in our timeline.

Tombstone1988
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tombstone1988 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 7:29 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:There is Nappa blowing up a city of innocents as well.
It's alright, that happened on a Sunday. There was nobody there.
"If you notice this and understand that it's flawed and just don't let it bother you, that's perfectly fine. But enjoying a flawed movie and calling a movie flawless are two completely different things."

-Adam from YourMovieSucksDOTorg
(Replace "movie" with "DBS episode" and that's pretty much my thoughts in regards to DBS critique)

Zillamon51
Beyond Newbie

Post by Zillamon51 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:27 pm

Yeah, very few DB atrocities take place in wartime. If you're not a soldier, and you kill a hundred people, you're just a murderer, not a war criminal.
"...It’s still going to be the same sort of easy-to-understand content as always." - Akira Toriyama, on transitioning from DBZ to DBS.

"Just repeat to yourself, It's just a show,
I should really just relax..." - MST3K theme song

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:15 pm

Zillamon51 wrote:Yeah, very few DB atrocities take place in wartime. If you're not a soldier, and you kill a hundred people, you're just a murderer, not a war criminal.
How would you class the Saiyans prior to Freeza blwoing up Planet Vegeta? Even Vegeta (Prince) claims they were loyal soldiers. That went around committing genocide.