If you had the chance to change something in dragon ball what would it be?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Re: If you had the chance to change something in dragon ball what would it be?

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:09 pm

Jumping to Super, I don't think I would have sent Future Trunks and Mai off to a timeline where they would be doppelgangers. In the current timeline, those two sticking around, would have worked. They're old enough from their present timeline selves to be differentiated (and act as older siblings to kid Mai and Trunks), while being able to live (relatively) peaceful lives.

And with the disservice Tenshinhan got in TOP, Future Trunks could have been a stand in for him.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:23 am

Dragon Ball Gus wrote:I wouldn't have Raditz get killed off in just 5 episodes, and he would stay as a main character, because you know, he's literally Goku's brother. Also, I would've had he and Launch become a couple, because you know, Tenshinhan wasn't interested in romance, according to Toriyama.
I'd switch the relationship around: have Vegeta be a relative of Goku's (maybe Goku was born to the same mother but had a low-class father) while Raditz is a bit more like Nappa and is a trusted confidant of Vegeta.

Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gligarman » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:20 pm

In terms of narrative, if there was one thing I would change throughout this entire franchise it would be Goku Black turning out to be a grown-up corrupted Goten. I swear I though that's where they were going with this arc. Goten was oddly absent during the whole saga and didn't have a single scene between him and Future Trunks. Also Goten and Goku Black both wear a red sash so I thought that was the other hint. I figured we were going to find out that Zamasu went back in time and somehow possess Goten's body since it was established that human/Saiyan hybrids have a natural power boost.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:46 pm

I would have gathered the Super Dragon Balls a few years before Zamasu would and asked Super Shenron to turn each of the villains of Dragon Ball Super into a bowl full of Holiday Caesar Salad. Right before, asking for the transformed villains to be transported to the stomachs of Majin Vegeta, just as the Prince had been transported himself to the World Tournament, and Super Vegeta, right when the complete knucklehead got carried away again and got himself tricked by Semi-Perfect Cell during their fight on one of the very many islands near Kame House, which would in turn have put a stop to his dumbass from helping out the other much, much more villainous characters down the line.

AloversGaming
Beyond Newbie

Post by AloversGaming » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:40 am

Upon agreeing with many other posts here mine would be a return to late Dragon Ball - Early Z / Dead Zone art style.

SonReggie
Beyond Newbie

Post by SonReggie » Fri Dec 15, 2017 7:04 am

Jackalope89 wrote:Jumping to Super, I don't think I would have sent Future Trunks and Mai off to a timeline where they would be doppelgangers. In the current timeline, those two sticking around, would have worked. They're old enough from their present timeline selves to be differentiated (and act as older siblings to kid Mai and Trunks), while being able to live (relatively) peaceful lives.

And with the disservice Tenshinhan got in TOP, Future Trunks could have been a stand in for him.
I agree, to an extent.

Future Trunks never came across, to me, as someoene who fought because he enjoyed the challenge. He fought out of necessity. Not sure how that might translate into regular appearances.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:21 am

Not start Super with a remake of Battle of Gods and Return of F.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:37 pm

SonReggie wrote:Future Trunks never came across, to me, as someoene who fought because he enjoyed the challenge. He fought out of necessity. Not sure how that might translate into regular appearances.
Agreed, both him and Gohan share that trait, probably because of their human genes meaning they don't have that Saiyan battle thirst (at least until Gohan goes SS2). The same applies to Pan in GT, and to a certain extent Goten and Buu Arc Trunks.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:43 pm

After revising the Future Trunks arc in the manga, i would have made Fused Zamasu 100% immortal in the anime.

In the manga, Fused Zamasu was 100% immortal, you couldn't destroy his body; even if you blasted his body into smithereens, he would simply regenerate again and again (thanks to the unlimited stamina, regeneration and immortality of Future Zamasu). Whereas in the anime, Fused Zamasu's body was 50% mortal (Goku Black's half) and 50% immortal (Future Zamasu's half). The balance between his immortal soul and half-mortal body was unstable, so Fused Zamasu's regeneration was greatly hindered and the good guys exploited this weakness to defeat him.

But it didn't make sense that Fused Zamasu was half-mortal and half-immortal in the anime. For example, when Goku and Vegeta fused into Vegito during the Buu arc, Vegito was 100% alive, even though one of the fusees (Vegeta) was dead. So, in the anime, Fused Zamasu should have been immortal regardless of Black's mortality. I think the anime would've played much differently had Fused Zamasu been 100% immortal like in the manga. For example, Future Trunks wouldn't have been able to cut Zamasu in half (he would have just regenerated); however, in the anime, Fused Zamasu didn't have a time limit like in the manga (fusion of two official Supreme Kais), so Fused Zamasu, on top of having a perfect immortal body and soul, would have lasted forever. So i don't think we would've seen Fused Zamasu's final state, Infinite Zamasu.

This is perhaps my only gripe with anime Fused Zamasu. In general, i prefer anime Fused Zamasu over manga Fused Zamasu (who is still a fantastic and superb character, do not get me wrong), since Fused Zamasu in the anime had unique and creative techniques (Lightning of Absolution, Blades of Judgement, Holy Wrath etc...), whereas in the manga Fused Zamasu's techniques were taken from other characters. But all around anime Fused Zamasu better fit the 'God' archetype; for example, he spent most of the time in the air, towering above the ruined world (and even had a halo, a symbol of his divine retribution), whereas manga Fused Zamasu didn't.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Dec 16, 2017 1:12 pm

I'm mostly satisfied with the series, I'd just make the powerscaling less bizzare and name the red form Saiyan God instead of Super Saiyan God.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:29 pm

FoolsGil wrote:Not start Super with a remake of Battle of Gods and Return of F.
But, I feel that some viewers, I don't know why, wouldn't have watched the movies and needed those stories told to them. But, I wouldn't have a problem with it if you are just asking me.
Last edited by majinwarman on Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sat Dec 16, 2017 11:32 pm

I would personally change the Future Trunks Arc to letting Future Trunks keep his future. I mean can't you give the guy a break. I didn't deserve to have to go another timeline like that. I just doesn't feel right to me.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

DragonBallKing
Regular

Post by DragonBallKing » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:02 pm

SSJ1 would have been the limit for the SSJ in the original manga.

SSJ2 would have been treated as a one time rage boost against cell

vegeta would not have achieved ssj until the Buu arc.

Fusion through potara would not exist

There would only be one god form, Goku's would be god and Vegeta's would be blue in appearance
Check out my MAL page: https://myanimelist.net/profile/RapeHorse

Original Dragon Ball arcs ranking: 23rd Budokai, Saiyan, 21st Budokai, Red Ribbon, Freeza, Piccolo Daimao, 22nd Budokai, DB Hunt, Cell, Buu