If you had the chance to change something in dragon ball what would it be?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Khandom101
Beyond Newbie

If you had the chance to change something in dragon ball what would it be?

Post by Khandom101 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:37 pm

Well me personally, I would change Goku's attire in DBS and give him something similar to the one he wears in dragon ball heroes.
Yeah yeah, I know that the one he currently wears is a classic but a change in clothes would be nice though
Last edited by Khandom101 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: If you had a chance to change something in dragon ball what would it be?

Post by Chuquita » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:02 pm

Uphill decision since I too really like Goku's DBH outfit.

I'd put that in a tie with "I wish that Future Trunks' genki dama sword had been the thing that destroyed Merged Zamasu for good." OR "I wish the mafuba seal had been there and that's what would've permanently stopped Future Zamasu while Future Trunks, Goku, and Vegeta would defeat Goku Black alone." OR "Have the final showdown be between Vegetto and Goku Black". Almost anything other than the unsatisfying Omni King ending we got.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:10 pm

At the 22nd Tenkaichi Budokai, replace Panput with ... *drumroll* ... Upa. In the three years since he last saw Goku, Upa has been trained by Bora and is now a capable fighter.
Sure, he'd lose to Goku straight away, but he'd make an infinitely more interesting opponent than Panput. He could even get involved in the ensuing Piccolo arc.

I would also try to find a way to involve the side characters more throughout the story as a whole. Maybe that could be done by making Goku's crazier power-ups temporary (the effects of the Super God Water wear off after a day; Super Saiyan cannot be controlled, it only "happens" under certain dire, stressful conditions, etc.) so that his friends could actually keep up with him.
Last edited by TrunksTrevelyan0064 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:15 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:13 pm

• I would make Super Saiyan 2 the strongest transformation.
• Future Trunks saga would end with Trunks becoming what Dragon Ball Online has already established and what he's destined to become, a Time Patroller.
• Characters would have more character development and no one would be forgotten.
• More characters interactions that none had dared to imagine.
• I would change the design of Zeno.
• All Universes would have all five Kaioshins.
• Piccolo would have his due transformation.
• Goten, Trunks and Marron would have their proper height.
• Kaioken would be used by other characters.
• Gogeta or Vegenks would appear.
• Characters would appear with other outfits more often and keep some longer.
• I would put more effort into the characters, more flashbacks, more background.
• Makaios and Makaioshins would appear.
• Janemba, with all of his abilities, would appear in the main series. With a proper personality.

I think that's all I can think as of now.
Last edited by Grimlock on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:15 pm

Doesn't this belong in General Franchise Discussion? I think?

I'd change the Buu Arc to give a better shot at making Gohan the protagonist.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:26 pm

I wish the first incarnation of Fused Zamasu had received more screentime.

I adored Corrupted Zamasu and Infinite Zamasu, don't get me wrong. Zamasu's mental and physical descent into madness was perfectly done and gave a lot of depth to the character. But i think the 'uncorrupted' form of Fused Zamasu should've received 1/2 more episodes of screentime, but that might be my personal bias. I loved his Final Fantasy-esque design and overall theme, and his creative techniques (such as the Wall of Light and the Blades of Judgement) are my personal favourites in the show. I would've waited a little longer before having Zamasu damage himself with the Light of Justice and turn into his 'disfigured' Corrupted form. Superb villain nonetheless.

I do believe the final stage of the Future Trunks' arc could've been handled better. It felt rushed.

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:31 pm

Make Kaio-ken max out at 10x to slow down power creep.

Don't mention any multipliers or power numbers besides that because power creep.

Remove the Potara fusion and make Gogeta replace Vegetto's place.

Give Piccolo & the humans Kaio-ken to stay somewhat more relevant throughout the Z era.

Remove Freeza's third form and Frost's assault form because they served accomplished little to nothing story-wise and also adds power-creep.

Make Hit's time-skip time a lot because moving throwing a dozens of punches in 1 second shouldn't be impressive at that point.

Make the BoG fight between SSJG Goku and Beerus only threaten the galaxy or outright remove threatening it at all because jumping from solar system level to universal level that fast seems like jumping the gun.

In RoF, Make Goku fight True form Freeza as a SSJ to prevent a even more power creep.

Also Goku/Vegeta keeping their RoF uniform throughout DBS would be nice because the change back was unneeded nostalgia pandering.

Make the final battle with Fused Zamasu go like Goku, Vegeta, & Trunks vs Fused Zamasu -> Completed SSJB or SSJBKKx10 Goku vs Fused Zamasu -> Vegetto vs Corrupt Fused Zamasu -> Genki-dama sword Trunks vs Corrupt Fused Zamasu.

Remove the line about Kafla being as strong as the Genki-dama and capable of killing UI Goku. If Goku wasn't tired then he should've been able to body her as a SSJG. Besides that, the fight goes like normal.
Last edited by Helios518 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

Khandom101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Khandom101 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:36 pm

Grimlock wrote:• I would make Super Saiyan 2 the strongest transformation.
• Future Trunks saga would end with Trunks becoming what Dragon Ball Online has already established and what he's destined to become, a Time Patroller.
• Characters would have more character development and no one would be forgotten.
• More characters interactions that none had dared to imagine.
• I would change the design of Zeno.
• All Universes would have all five Kaioshins.
• Piccolo would have his due transformation.
• Goten, Trunks and Marron would have their proper height.
• Kaioken would be used by other characters.
• Gogeta or Vegenks would appear.
• Characters would appear with other outfits more often and keep some longer.
• I would put more effort into the characters, more flashbacks, more background.
• Makaios and Makaioshins would appear.
• Janemba, with all of his abilities, would appear in the main series. With a proper personality.

I think that's all I can think as of now.
Well, I would make super saiyan 3 the strongest if it were up to me :D :D

Khandom101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Khandom101 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:39 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:I wish the first incarnation of Fused Zamasu had received more screentime.

I adored Corrupted Zamasu and Infinite Zamasu, don't get me wrong. Zamasu's mental and physical descent into madness was perfectly done and gave a lot of depth to the character. But i think the 'uncorrupted' form of Fused Zamasu should've received 1/2 more episodes of screentime, but that might be my personal bias. I loved his Final Fantasy-esque design and overall theme, and his creative techniques (such as the Wall of Light and the Blades of Judgement) are my personal favourites in the show. I would've waited a little longer before having Zamasu damage himself with the Light of Justice and turn into his 'disfigured' Corrupted form. Superb villain nonetheless.

I do believe the final stage of the Future Trunks' arc could've been handled better. It felt rushed.
True, Zamasu was a great character for such a great arc (even though the ending was rushed)

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:42 pm

Khandom101 wrote:Well me personally, I would change Goku's attire in DBS and give him something similar to the one he wears in dragon ball heroes.
Yeah yeah, I know that the one he currently wears is a classic but a change in clothes in would be nice though
If I could have changed anything about the Dragon World, I would have Cell's Time Machine change course and arrive right in the middle of my backyard. Then, as soon as the cannibalistic Demon got out of the vehicle he stoled and buried himself underground for quite a few years, I would sneak in the Time Machine and make my way back to the same timeline Imperfect Cell just came from in an instant. Leaving all of my enemies here in this Universe to suffer from being eaten alive by an even greater monster than them, while I would have been spared from this quite rather ironic fate before having met with Future Bulma in a much safer world.

With a quick trip to Yunzabit Heights, all of the death and destruction caused by the Androids would have been undone by the very first wish to Hēi Shenron. The second wish spoken of by myself or Future Bulma herself would have brought back Future Goku, Xeno Bardock, and Future Gine, before then, the third wish Hēi Shenron would complete, would be for me to become a member of both Future Son Goku and Future Vegeta's families by wishing for myself to be Xeno Gohanks. (Of course, with the advantage of being an unlimited by time constraints, Fusion Dance Warrior.)
Last edited by Steven Bloodriver on Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:08 pm

Have Tori-Bot as the final villain in the manga.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:21 pm

I'd give Roshi a longer fight with King Piccolo.

I'd have Tien kill Piccolo's henchman before Goku shows up.

I'd have Piccolo and the Z-fighters do more damage to Nappa than they did.

I'd have Vegeta fight Freeza's 3rd form to show how much stronger he'd gotten from his last Zenkai boost.

I'd give Piccolo a bigger role in the Cell games and the Buu arc.

I'd have a scene between Vegeta and Trunks before he goes back to the future where Vegeta tells him all about Freeza and how he's proud that his blood line and most importantly, his son was the one to put him in the ground.

I wouldn't give Goten and Trunks Ssj and limit Gotenks to Ssj2.

In GT I'd have each or a set of 2 Z fighters go to a planet where a dragon ball is with each ball getting its own mini arc with Vegeta facing off and taking down Baby.

Baby wouldn't be the only main villain of the arc and he wouldn't be taking over people, instead there'd be 7 gaurding each ball.

I'd still have the shadow dragon arc as the last one but I'd have 2-3 before.

I'd keep Ssj4 but I'm not sure how I'd introduce it, maybe instead of it being a Ssj form it'll be what Old Kai's unlcoked potential looks like on a full blooded Saiyan.

I'd have Gohan keep up with Goku and Vegeta, only being slightly weaker if even that.

Goten and Trunks would both reach Ssj2 with adult Gotenks being able to use Ssj3.

Goku and Vegeta would have their Xeno outfits in GT.

With Super I'd skip the movie retellings and have it be a seasonal anime with each season focused on one arc. It'd also be based off Toyotarou's manga.

I'd keep Goku and Vegeta's RF outfits.

I'd have Gogeta be the one to fight Zamasu as it wouldn't retcon Vegetto's time limit.

I'd have some characters from U10 try to help against Zamasu with their destroyer being the one to end him instead of Zeno.

I'd completely drop the whole Beerus told Freeza to destroy the Saiyan's planet with him just giving him the OK to do so.

The TOP would just be 3 fighters per universe instead of 10.

NO Kale, Caulifla or any of the magic girls from U2.

Each of the universe's 3 characters will be fully developed and unique.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Khandom101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Khandom101 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:46 pm

sintzu wrote:I'd give Roshi a longer fight with King Piccolo.

I'd have Tien kill Piccolo's henchman before Goku shows up.

I'd have Piccolo and the Z-fighters do more damage to Nappa than they did.

I'd have Vegeta fight Freeza's 3rd form to show how much stronger he'd gotten from his last Zenkai boost.

I'd give Piccolo a bigger role in the Cell games and the Buu arc.

I'd have a scene between Vegeta and Trunks before he goes back to the future where Vegeta tells him all about Freeza and how he's proud that his blood line and most importantly, his son was the one to put him in the ground.

I wouldn't give Goten and Trunks Ssj and limit Gotenks to Ssj2.

In GT I'd have each or a set of 2 Z fighters go to a planet where a dragon ball is with each ball getting its own mini arc with Vegeta facing off and taking down Baby.

Baby wouldn't be the only main villain of the arc and he wouldn't be taking over people, instead there'd be 7 gaurding each ball.

I'd still have the shadow dragon arc as the last one but I'd have 2-3 before.

I'd keep Ssj4 but I'm not sure how I'd introduce it, maybe instead of it being a Ssj form it'll be what Old Kai's unlcoked potential looks like on a full blooded Saiyan.

I'd have Gohan keep up with Goku and Vegeta, only being slightly weaker if even that.

Goten and Trunks would both reach Ssj2 with adult Gotenks being able to use Ssj3.

Goku and Vegeta would have their Xeno outfits in GT.

With Super I'd skip the movie retellings and have it be a seasonal anime with each season focused on one arc. It'd also be based off Toyotarou's manga.

I'd keep Goku and Vegeta's RF outfits.

I'd have Gogeta be the one to fight Zamasu as it wouldn't retcon Vegetto's time limit.

I'd have some characters from U10 try to help against Zamasu with their destroyer being the one to end him instead of Zeno.

I'd completely drop the whole Beerus told Freeza to destroy the Saiyan's planet with him just giving him the OK to do so.

The TOP would just be 3 fighters per universe instead of 10.

NO Kale, Caulifla or any of the magic girls from U2.

Each of the universe's 3 characters will be fully developed and unique.
Seriously, I don't think the Vegeto time limit was a retcon, why do you think they defused in the buu arc? due to time limit see, it all makes sense now. So please no more calling it a retcon from now on okay. :) :) :)

Khandom101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Khandom101 » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:48 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:Have Tori-Bot as the final villain in the manga.
Why just the manga though why not include the anime.

Eire
Advanced Regular

Re: If you had the chance to change something in dragon ball what would it be?

Post by Eire » Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:55 pm

-Give female characters more spotlight.
-Erase Pilaf's gang as kids
-Give Zamasu more development. After reading messy summary I had an impression that he interacted with mortals before he was scolded by Gowasu and later saw that because of his gifts, his protegees met a sad fate from hands of other humans. I had a hard time letting that headcanon go.
Per aspera ad astra, man!

Women belong in the kitchen.
Men belong in the kitchen.
Everyone belongs in the kitchen, the kitchen has food

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:25 pm

Either make Goku stop getting new forms and just improve the ones he has already, or give more non-Saiyan characters new forms.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

AnzuMazaki
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by AnzuMazaki » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:13 pm

- Make the earthlings remain relevant and catch up with Goku and the other saiyans
- Not let the fandom memes take over the writing *cough* Yamcha *cough*
- Have the Non-Team Universe 7 Earthlings appear in filler in the Tournament of Power
- Not have Lunch disappear like she did
- Bring back some old filler characters from DB/DBZ and some old minor characters from the manga *EG. The two groups of orphans from the Saiyan and Namek sagas, I want to see how Romu and Chico are doing as adults after being in the orphanage and possibly being adopted and how Pigero is going and if the Space Orphans found a new home*
- Bring back the Tsun family into DBS Episode 69 and age up the human residents of Penguin Village instead of age them down to what they were in the beginnning of Dr. Slump.
- Had Zamasu remain dead instead of coming back as a spirit and killing the rest of Earth in that timeline sans Trunks and Mai.
- Have Kami-sama bring back the three earthlings on Kaio-sama's planet AND the namekians at the same time during Goku's fight against Frieza, I mean Shenlong was capable of that right, sorry if I have mistaken

Everything else I will keep the same.
Wishes she can change her name to YamchaFan (her name everywhere else)
Obssessed with the Earthlings and the original DB anime

YamchaFan's deviantART: https://yamchafan91.deviantart.com/
YamchaFan's Fanart Tumblr: https://yamchafanart.tumblr.com/
YamchaFan's YouTube (where you can see MikuMikuDance Videos): https://www.youtube.com/user/MihoNosaka

Esfír Dedragón
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Esfír Dedragón » Wed Nov 29, 2017 10:20 pm

Never make GT and Super

Either make time travel more logical or get rid of it all together.

Explore the concept of the Makaio/Makaioshin and the Demon Realm.

Keep the idea of there being a God(s) of Destruction and other universes, but save the Tournament of Power as a type of final arc.

Alternate idea: Keep the Shadow Dragon arc as THE final arc of the franchise.
DRAGON BALL IS THE KING OF (Fighting) ANIME!!!!!!! In my opinion, at least... :think:

My reaction to anything about Dragon Ball post-2013 that I don't like and/or is stupid. :P
https://coub.com/view/6osx6

Soppa Saia People
I Live Here

Post by Soppa Saia People » Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:50 am

Out of universe : Don't separate the animes
In universe : No #19.
I have borderline personality disorder, if my posts ever come off as aggressive or word vomit-y to you, please let me know.

🇵🇸🇵🇸🇵🇸

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Post by Captain Strawberry » Thu Nov 30, 2017 11:09 am

I'd make a lot of changes to Z but here is a few:

-I would get rid of the big amount of Zenkai boosts Goku and Vegeta got in the Namek arc

-Frieza having two transformations instead of three and for Goku to be able to face Frieza, I would have to make the arc a little bit longer

-Have the Earthlings be on or near Goku's level. Like they are never too far behind.
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller