Would being born 1/4 Human and 3/4 Saiyan have been more advantageous than being a pure or half-blooded Saiyan?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Would being born 1/4 Human and 3/4 Saiyan have been more advantageous than being a pure or half-blooded Saiyan?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:22 pm

How would things have ended differently if completely unlike in canon, Goku, Gohan, Future Gohan, Trunks, Future Trunks, Goten, and Bulla had been born with only a quarter of Human blood and the rest being three-quarters Saiyan in their veins?

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Would being born 1/4 Human and 3/4 Saiyan have been more advantageous than being a pure or half-blooded Saiyan?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:45 am

Who knows? They'd have to have 3 Saiyan grandparents and one human grandparent. How would that be arranged?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Captain Strawberry
Advanced Regular

Re: Would being born 1/4 Human and 3/4 Saiyan have been more advantageous than being a pure or half-blooded Saiyan?

Post by Captain Strawberry » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:40 am

Maybe because they might inherit more S cells for a calmer spirit...?
Kuro Tenshi

I am just a simple traveller

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:57 pm

Captain Strawberry wrote:Maybe because they might inherit more S cells for a calmer spirit...?
The number of S-Cells that can be inherited entirely depends on the parent (obviously.)

tasuxeda

Post by tasuxeda » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:55 am

It might be a disadvantage as IIRC earthling and saiyans are highly compatible and earthling blood make the super saiyan transformation easier so it could be that too much saiyan blood might make them weaker.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 6:50 pm

I feel like this mix would end up making the best hybrid possible.

Lek
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lek » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:45 am

I'm not sure which video it was exactly, but MasakoX has done the science on that before and if I remember correctly, it came down to something like: if we believe the saiyan dna to be dominant, it would never drop below being a half saiyan ever, no matter how many generations down you go

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:51 pm

I like to think 1/2 Saiyan and 1/2 Earthling is the best ratio of Saiyan:Earthling blood and results in the best potential.

Yuli Ban
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Yuli Ban » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:36 pm

Apologies for the massive bump, but this is exactly the topic I've been looking for and decided to search for just to see if it was already being discussed.

I have reason to believe a 3/4 Saiyan-Human hybrid might actually be the "perfect" warrior. Dragon Ball isn't going too extremely deep on genetics and psychology, so I decided to break down each half into a different essence.

Saiyan blood: the violent and unrelentingly aggressive warrior spirit with natural ki mastery. Saiyan blood dulls romantic & positive emotions, but said emotions are still there and, if fostered, can keep them in check. You can think of it as some sort of cosmic masculinity.

Human blood: the much more docile and passive spirit, though there is a large stain of warlike tendencies that can otherwise be calmed and are often exploited for certain purposes rather than for the thrill of combat. You can think of it as a sort of cosmic femininity.

Where am I going with that cosmic masculinity & femininity BS? Well I'm clearly referring to the yin-yang. Yin = femininity, passivity, darkness, and whatnot. Yang = masculinity, activity, light, and so on. That's not my interpretation of it; that's literally what those terms represent. The difference between Humans and Saiyans reminds me quite a bit of this.
But there's just one problem: in this case, Humanity is actually the dominant spirit. As a result, adding human blood enhances emotions. Obviously in a world where emotions drive one's true power, having Humanity is a very valuable asset.
When you have a half-blood, the human half is so overpowering that the person is essentially a Human with Saiyan powers. Whatever aggression they may have is well within Human limits. Half-blood hybrids have Human drives stemming from Human emotions. They don't want to live in constant warfare and conflict. Who seriously wants to live in a war zone or go out of their way to get involved in brutal beatdowns? Even our "violent" tendencies are mostly due to protection or building the home or as a last resort or something of that sort: policemen aren't actively going around trying to find crime; soldiers are sent to resolve wars, not start them (wars start because of politicians and public passions for the most part); even junkies become violent to keep their own stashes & funds safe. The few actively violent people who do exist are considered evil, extreme, psychotic, and whatnot.
A Saiyan half can have an effect on them, especially when they get into a fighting peak. Saiyans actively seek violence and conflict, something that's alien to the common Human experience. But as Human behaviors are expressed more often, half-blood hybrids are no more violent than any other Human.
Let's say MasakoX is right, however, and all Saiyan hybrids can only ever go down to 1/2 Saiyan blood. That still leaves their Human emotional drives dominant.

So what happens if you have someone who is only 1/4 Human and 3/4 Saiyan? Well, their Human blood still gives them Human emotions. However, they'll lack Human drives. In other words, they'll have the emotional range and sensitivity of any Human we've seen in the series, but they'll have that lust for combat and adventure that the Saiyans possess. A quarter-blood Human will still feel love and romantic attraction like, say, Gohan. They'll be friendly and approachable and be able to create very Human-like relationships. But they'll still leave in search of more adventure & spend their free time hankering for combat.

I don't think I even need to explain how ridiculously overpowered such a hybrid would be. It's like taking the infinite potential of Son Gohan and fusing it with the relentless, alien-minded drive for self-improvement of Son Goku and Vegeta.

In other words, imagine if Son Gohan willingly never stopped training.

But it's also the rarest kind of Saiyan possible (in Universe 7) since you need a pre-existing half-blood as well as a full-blooded Saiyan. To get a half-blood hybrid, you need only get a full-blood Saiyan and a full-blood Human to fool around. To get 1/4 and so on, simply have that hybrid bang another Human.
In Universe 7 at least, there's a big problem: there are only three full-blooded Saiyans left. What's more, they're all males, so in order to get a 3/4 Saiyan, any half-blood hybrid would have to:
1: be female, and
2: already be young enough to be their daughter or granddaughter, which raises a lot of squicky questions.

I know it already existed in fanart and fanfiction, but now I've put the image of Vegeta plugging Pan & Goku breeding with Bra (or Broly getting both all four) in your mind. EW.

Unless Goten, Trunks, Pan, and/or Bra decide to go to U6 Sadala to get them some monkeybutts, there's probably not going to be a 3/4 Saiyan any time soon.
The Yabanverse
My own take on Saiyajins in a fanverse.

Salient 悟

Post by Salient 悟 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:40 pm

Yuli Ban wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:36 pm Apologies for the massive bump, but this is exactly the topic I've been looking for and decided to search for just to see if it was already being discussed.

I have reason to believe a 3/4 Saiyan-Human hybrid might actually be the "perfect" warrior. Dragon Ball isn't going too extremely deep on genetics and psychology, so I decided to break down each half into a different essence.

Saiyan blood: the violent and unrelentingly aggressive warrior spirit with natural ki mastery. Saiyan blood dulls romantic & positive emotions, but said emotions are still there and, if fostered, can keep them in check. You can think of it as some sort of cosmic masculinity.

Human blood: the much more docile and passive spirit, though there is a large stain of warlike tendencies that can otherwise be calmed and are often exploited for certain purposes rather than for the thrill of combat. You can think of it as a sort of cosmic femininity.

Where am I going with that cosmic masculinity & femininity BS? Well I'm clearly referring to the yin-yang. Yin = femininity, passivity, darkness, and whatnot. Yang = masculinity, activity, light, and so on. That's not my interpretation of it; that's literally what those terms represent. The difference between Humans and Saiyans reminds me quite a bit of this.
But there's just one problem: in this case, Humanity is actually the dominant spirit. As a result, adding human blood enhances emotions. Obviously in a world where emotions drive one's true power, having Humanity is a very valuable asset.
When you have a half-blood, the human half is so overpowering that the person is essentially a Human with Saiyan powers. Whatever aggression they may have is well within Human limits. Half-blood hybrids have Human drives stemming from Human emotions. They don't want to live in constant warfare and conflict. Who seriously wants to live in a war zone or go out of their way to get involved in brutal beatdowns? Even our "violent" tendencies are mostly due to protection or building the home or as a last resort or something of that sort: policemen aren't actively going around trying to find crime; soldiers are sent to resolve wars, not start them (wars start because of politicians and public passions for the most part); even junkies become violent to keep their own stashes & funds safe. The few actively violent people who do exist are considered evil, extreme, psychotic, and whatnot.
A Saiyan half can have an effect on them, especially when they get into a fighting peak. Saiyans actively seek violence and conflict, something that's alien to the common Human experience. But as Human behaviors are expressed more often, half-blood hybrids are no more violent than any other Human.
Let's say MasakoX is right, however, and all Saiyan hybrids can only ever go down to 1/2 Saiyan blood. That still leaves their Human emotional drives dominant.

So what happens if you have someone who is only 1/4 Human and 3/4 Saiyan? Well, their Human blood still gives them Human emotions. However, they'll lack Human drives. In other words, they'll have the emotional range and sensitivity of any Human we've seen in the series, but they'll have that lust for combat and adventure that the Saiyans possess. A quarter-blood Human will still feel love and romantic attraction like, say, Gohan. They'll be friendly and approachable and be able to create very Human-like relationships. But they'll still leave in search of more adventure & spend their free time hankering for combat.

I don't think I even need to explain how ridiculously overpowered such a hybrid would be. It's like taking the infinite potential of Son Gohan and fusing it with the relentless, alien-minded drive for self-improvement of Son Goku and Vegeta.

In other words, imagine if Son Gohan willingly never stopped training.

But it's also the rarest kind of Saiyan possible (in Universe 7) since you need a pre-existing half-blood as well as a full-blooded Saiyan. To get a half-blood hybrid, you need only get a full-blood Saiyan and a full-blood Human to fool around. To get 1/4 and so on, simply have that hybrid bang another Human.
In Universe 7 at least, there's a big problem: there are only three full-blooded Saiyans left. What's more, they're all males, so in order to get a 3/4 Saiyan, any half-blood hybrid would have to:
1: be female, and
2: already be young enough to be their daughter or granddaughter, which raises a lot of squicky questions.

I know it already existed in fanart and fanfiction, but now I've put the image of Vegeta plugging Pan & Goku breeding with Bra (or Broly getting both all four) in your mind. EW.

Unless Goten, Trunks, Pan, and/or Bra decide to go to U6 Sadala to get them some monkeybutts, there's probably not going to be a 3/4 Saiyan any time soon.
Hmmm interesting.

So how would a hypothetical 3/4 Human 1/4 Saiyan behave like? Would they even have to urge to train themselves and battle?

Melee_Sovereign
Temporarily Banned

Post by Melee_Sovereign » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:25 pm

I wonder if there's any difference if the father is human and the mother is a saiyan. That sort of thing matters in real life animal hybrids.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:35 pm

depending after or before the retcon?

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:40 pm

Salient 悟 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:40 pm
Yuli Ban wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:36 pm snip
Hmmm interesting.

So how would a hypothetical 3/4 Human 1/4 Saiyan behave like? Would they even have to urge to train themselves and battle?
You just described Pan.

Salient 悟

Post by Salient 悟 » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:14 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:40 pm
Salient 悟 wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:40 pm
Yuli Ban wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:36 pm snip
Hmmm interesting.

You just described Pan.
Fair point but Pan acts completely different from her toddler self who loved martial arts and herself as a annoying, thrill seeking teenager. So it’s hard to base what that mixture would truly act like as oppose to other hybrids.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:48 am

Melee_Sovereign wrote: Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:25 pm I wonder if there's any difference if the father is human and the mother is a saiyan. That sort of thing matters in real life animal hybrids.
That is a good question. If anything like color blindness due to cone deficiency or anomaly, then male Saiyans have zero chance of passing their special X chromosome down to other male Saiyans, otherwise to their daughters who can become carriers with more chance than others. Different configurations allow them to have great potential.

If Gohan's potential comes from the human side of him, and it is the equivalent of an X chromosome inherited from her mother, then he's more than likely to pass it down to Pan, because she is a girl with zero chance of getting the Saiyan side of him, otherwise known as Goku's who is a male parent. Female Saiyans will always pass theirs down, so the hybrid's potential would make more sense with human fathers, but Pan contributed to the Super Saiyan God ritual!