Can a Saiyan withstand the Flash's Speed Force?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Can a Saiyan withstand the Flash's Speed Force?

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:36 am

The Flash is a hero from DC Comics who utilizes the Speed Force, an energy source formed from kinesis that enables super-speed abilities. The Flash can hit people with a light-speed punch, regeneration, control his molecules, and give/take motion from people.

Is it possible for a Saiyan to tap into the Speed Force? Or if not, can he withstand a Speed Force user?
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

dario03
Advanced Regular

Re: Can a Saiyan withstand the Flash's Speed Force?

Post by dario03 » Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:56 am

DC has super fast people that don't use the speed force (Superman for example), so I don't think they would have Saiyans or any DB characters using it if there was some kind of crossover. As for being able to withstand a Speedster that would come down to which Speedster/DBfighter, and what levels we are talking about, or really the good ol' totally out of universe answer of "depends on the author".

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Dec 03, 2017 9:58 am

This question is too vague to answer. What does it mean to "withstand the speedforce"? One could say that everything the Flash touches while using it 'withstands' it.

As for using it, if they were given the powers from circumstances similar to those that happened in DC (like when Barry Allen got his powers), I don't see why not. But as for naturally being able to use it for no explained reason? I doubt it.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:20 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:This question is too vague to answer. What does it mean to "withstand the speedforce"? One could say that everything the Flash touches while using it 'withstands' it.
I meant if it was used against them in a fight. Simply put, the Flash uses the Speed Force against a Saiyan, can the Saiyan handle it, or even learn to tap into it?
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

DSB
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DSB » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:11 am

DragonBallFoodie wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:This question is too vague to answer. What does it mean to "withstand the speedforce"? One could say that everything the Flash touches while using it 'withstands' it.
I meant if it was used against them in a fight. Simply put, the Flash uses the Speed Force against a Saiyan, can the Saiyan handle it, or even learn to tap into it?
If you mean Flash uses a lot of energy gathered up from Speedforce, then yep. Flash is not exactly a Universal threat. Even a Normal SSB Goku is Universal. UIO should be beyond Universal.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:47 am

DSB wrote:
DragonBallFoodie wrote:
If you mean Flash uses a lot of energy gathered up from Speedforce, then yep. Flash is not exactly a Universal threat. Even a Normal SSB Goku is Universal. UIO should be beyond Universal.
You know that Barry used the Speedforce to remake the multiverse in Flashpoint, right?

Anyway, it depends on how it is used. I mean inexperienced users can make major mistakes. But as for tapping into it, see my comments above.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Mon Dec 04, 2017 5:21 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
You know that Barry used the Speedforce to remake the multiverse in Flashpoint, right?
Barry didn't "remake" the multiverse,he just went back in time and caused a butterfly effect.Flash saved his mom and war broke out, because Supes landed right in the middle of Metropoplis,that doesn't make Flash a multiversal threat. Not too mention it seems that DR. Manhattan played a bigger role into it.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:35 am

Saiyan007 wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Barry didn't "remake" the multiverse,he just went back in time and caused a butterfly effect.Flash saved his mom and war broke out, because Supes landed right in the middle of Metropoplis,that doesn't make Flash a multiversal threat. Not too mention it seems that DR. Manhattan played a bigger role into it.
Dr. Manhattan, Pandora, they retcon these things all the time. But it was stated that the Speedforce transcends the multiverse and Barry generates it within himself. Unless they've changed that too.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:11 am

If depends on if Flash is having a good day, a bad day, or the worst day of his existence.
When he's in a jovial mood; Flash can be struck by Wonder Woman, Superman, and even Batman(with Bat prep). When Flash gets serious he can outrun Superman AND his heatvision, as well as move faster than the speed of light. If he reaches a point in which everything rests on him and morals are off, Flash can shoot around the space/time continuum of the multiverse and kill superpowered beings by phasing through them. Flash even killed Zoom who was a match for his own speed by stopping him cold in his tracks in literal breakneck speed.
A Saiyan would likely be unable to replicate Flash's powers because they're unique to him, with only a few others having done so through random science experiments.
Goku's UI may just be the only real defense against the Speed Force due to action without thought, I could see Flash on a normal day struggling to get around UI but if it were the end of the world...Flash could just phase his hand into Goku's chest and rip his heart out. Having a fleshy humanoid anatomy is a liability to most Ki users, they can have universe-threatening power but at the end of the day Goku & Vegeta still need to breathe, coagulate, or tend to their bodies needs & functions.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think: