Android 21, game only?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Android350

Android 21, game only?

Post by Android350 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:13 am

Hey guys,

I am (very) new here, and I've looked (not completely sure what is the best way to do so) for other threads on this matter.
Apparently the DB games will get android 21, including a new storyline for most of the z-fighters.
https://youtu.be/B_mcWU3HeKY

Question is (and no, I definitely am not a pro on these kind of things)
Will this storyline also be on tv? How does this normally 'work'?

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Re: Android 21, game only?

Post by Darkprince410 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 4:57 am

Generally speaking, video game continuities remain within the video games, and haven't crossed over into the manga or anime at all. Obviously, there's always a chance of things changing in that regard and #21 making some actual appearance in the anime as far as a storyline is concerned, but so far there's not been any situation of that really happening so far, even with characters Toriyama has designed.

Android350

Post by Android350 » Mon Dec 11, 2017 7:06 am

Darkprince410 wrote:Generally speaking, video game continuities remain within the video games, and haven't crossed over into the manga or anime at all. Obviously, there's always a chance of things changing in that regard and #21 making some actual appearance in the anime as far as a storyline is concerned, but so far there's not been any situation of that really happening so far, even with characters Toriyama has designed.
Thank you so much! :)

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Tue Dec 12, 2017 3:29 am

It'd be neat to see, however it's probably unlikely given that in FighterZ the characters are aware that they're being controlled by an outside force (the player) and being in sync with your character is a mechanic in the campaign. An anime-friendly adaptation would be fun, though!