Are Saiyans rapists?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Re: Are Saiyans rapists?

Post by dbs fanboy » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:58 am

Well, if db followed real world's logic, then they probably were (saiyan women included), but then again this is db what we're talking about and this race didn't really have any kind of interest on having sex .

Now i wonder, if one warrior forced another to fight him/her against his /her will, would that be considered rape by saiyan's standards? (as probably for them fighting is more pleasant and important than anything else)
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:48 pm

Saiyans have a hard on for fighting, not for sex. Sex was something they did out of need.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:30 pm

buutenks wrote:Saiyans have a hard on for fighting, not for sex. Sex was something they did out of need.
It should be noted though that IRL, rape is not really about sexual gratification and more about power and control.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Daimo-Rukiri

Post by Daimo-Rukiri » Sat Jan 06, 2018 1:12 am

Based on the guidebooks and information we do have on the Saiyans sex only came as a need not a desire, they only got gratification in fighting.
Gine and Bardock would be a one off scenario but I do think there's other's like them but they are rare amongst the u7 Saiyans, and we don't know if it's the same way with U6.
Steam: Rukiri89 | uPlay: Rukiri89 | Origin: XxRukiriXx | Xbox LIVE: XxRUKIRIxX89 | PSN: Ericks1989 | Nintendo Network ID: Rukiri

Dragon Ball Hero's Spirit development blog - An Action-RPG coming soon to monitor near you!
https://dragonball-hs.tumblr.com/

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:37 pm

I don't buy the saiyans have no sexual drive, species wouldn't become populous without it. Maybe they could have a short window of like heat.... But any weird fics that fetishize the saiyans and give them weird animalistic traits that aren't in canon always come off as corny or drip off the authors weird sexual pathology.

If they had a low sex drive AND a desire to put themselves in danger regularly.... That's really not a recipe for a successful organism....
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:15 pm

TobyS wrote:If they had a low sex drive AND a desire to put themselves in danger regularly.... That's really not a recipe for a successful organism....
Then again, that could be why zenkai and Super Saiyan traits evolved...
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:30 pm

TobyS wrote:I don't buy the saiyans have no sexual drive, species wouldn't become populous without it. Maybe they could have a short window of like heat.... But any weird fics that fetishize the saiyans and give them weird animalistic traits that aren't in canon always come off as corny or drip off the authors weird sexual pathology.

If they had a low sex drive AND a desire to put themselves in danger regularly.... That's really not a recipe for a successful organism....
That's why their race always had a very low population.
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

Kakarot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kakarot » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:50 pm

Toriyama states that male and female Saiyans used each other as breeding machines, I believe. So I don't think any Saiyans were really rapists. I doubt they'd even take pleasure from acts of violence like that.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:59 am

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote:Probably. I think low class female Saiyans were kept in the Planet, perhaps in captivity, for reproductional ends, willingfuly or not.

I can see Vegeta raping aliens while wrecking havoc trought civilizations in name of Freeza, too.
Nothing indicates they did. In fact low class females fought and we know they rarely bred naturally from the bardock manga

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 6:06 am

Kakarot wrote:Toriyama states that male and female Saiyans used each other as breeding machines, I believe. So I don't think any Saiyans were really rapists. I doubt they'd even take pleasure from acts of violence like that.
I dont know where you got that, but in the bardock manga from Toriyama, the breeding seems to be done in incubation pods. That makes sense to me, since you cant really be much of a warrior if you constantly have to take time out to be preggers

dario03
Advanced Regular

Post by dario03 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:58 am

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Kakarot wrote:Toriyama states that male and female Saiyans used each other as breeding machines, I believe. So I don't think any Saiyans were really rapists. I doubt they'd even take pleasure from acts of violence like that.
I dont know where you got that, but in the bardock manga from Toriyama, the breeding seems to be done in incubation pods. That makes sense to me, since you cant really be much of a warrior if you constantly have to take time out to be preggers
Maybe they didn't take the time off when pregnant. Maybe they tried getting into fights then. Pregnant saiyan gets punched in the stomach, baby survives, and bam, free prenatal zenkai. Think we just figured out the secret to Broly.

Kakarot
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kakarot » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:54 pm

mahakaishin1991 wrote:
By "breeding machines" I mean that they didn't care for each other like people in a romantic relationship would.

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:14 pm

Kakarot wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
By "breeding machines" I mean that they didn't care for each other like people in a romantic relationship would.
Not generally speaking no, but with their generally low population numbers I dont think they did go at it like rabbits

mahakaishin1991

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:45 pm

dario03 wrote:
mahakaishin1991 wrote:
Maybe they didn't take the time off when pregnant. Maybe they tried getting into fights then. Pregnant saiyan gets punched in the stomach, baby survives, and bam, free prenatal zenkai. Think we just figured out the secret to Broly.
Makes you wonder what other fist based activities can do.... *lenny face*

GamerSkull
Regular

Post by GamerSkull » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:56 pm

Since this is a series aimed at a young audience, it is probably good that it is never said.

But looking at what the saiyans typically did as a living... I'm sure they did do those kinds of things.

Not all of them though, and I doubt Vegeta ever did anything of the sort... although it appears he was eating one of his victims during his initial appearance.

What does a person think is darker? Being a rapist or being a mass-murderer that commits genocides for profit.

They're both really bad so I don't think it would be outside the realm of implication for something they might have done even in a manga made for teenagers.
"Roga Fu-Fu Ken!"

floofychan333
Advanced Regular

Post by floofychan333 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:00 am

I doubt Toriyama was considering that when he was creating them, so I don't think it's intended if they are. Additionally, I see Saiyans as only having sex for the purpose of reproduction, so sexual desire is not as strong in them as it is in humans. On the other hand, the Saiyans parallel the conquistadors and ruthless soldiers of human fame, who were unfortunately quite likely to take part in rape. If the real world is any indicator, some, regrettably, might be rapists. However, since they are characters in a children's cartoon, a complex understanding may not apply completely.
"All of you. All of you must have KILL all the SEASONS!" -Dough (Tenshinhan), Speedy Dub of Movie 9.

"My opinion of Norihito's Sumitomo's new score is... well, very mixed. The stuff that's good is pretty darn good, but the stuff that's bad makes elevator music sound like Jerry freaking Goldsmith." -Kenisu