Goku has been getting shipped a lot lately.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Re: Goku has been getting shipped a lot lately.

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:24 pm

Chuquita wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote: Oh, I've seen quite a few GokuxCaulifla shippers out there. On quora, youtube comments, etc. Though point out she's probably closer in age to Goten, and they try and ignore that.

Less objectionable, would be the ones where Cabba was shipped with BOTH Kale and Caulifla (at least they're in the same age group).
Cabba or Kale as an option for Caulifla I can see (I don't think Kale could handle sharing her with Cabba). Gokû's way too old for her imo. He's early 40's at this point. Caulifla I could see being as young as 14 the way she looks and acts. I know couples in rl who are 10 years apart, but I seriously doubt Caulifla's in her 30's.
Cabba's an elite soldier, though, and Caulfila's brother is pretty damn old. They could very well be in their twenties.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:30 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote: Oh, I've seen quite a few GokuxCaulifla shippers out there. On quora, youtube comments, etc. Though point out she's probably closer in age to Goten, and they try and ignore that.

Less objectionable, would be the ones where Cabba was shipped with BOTH Kale and Caulifla (at least they're in the same age group).
Cabba or Kale as an option for Caulifla I can see (I don't think Kale could handle sharing her with Cabba). Gokû's way too old for her imo. He's early 40's at this point. Caulifla I could see being as young as 14 the way she looks and acts. I know couples in rl who are 10 years apart, but I seriously doubt Caulifla's in her 30's.
Cabba's an elite soldier, though, and Caulfila's brother is pretty damn old. They could very well be in their twenties.
I wish Shueisha would say how old the Uni 6 trio are.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:30 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
None of them struck me that way. They'd need to be able to have good rapport with Goku in a way that so far I haven't really seen in the new ToP characters (Jiren is so disinterested in Goku has no chemistry with him and is so unappealing as a character imo. The new Uni 6 saiyans are too young for Goku: even if they time skipped to when they're adults, Caulifla sees him as more of a means to learn new power than a personal interest. Kale flat out doesn't like him.) Anyone else I could think of would be from another arc, not this one.
Oh, I've seen quite a few GokuxCaulifla shippers out there. On quora, youtube comments, etc. Though point out she's probably closer in age to Goten, and they try and ignore that.

Age doesn't matter as long as they're both consenting adults.
Except there's nothing saying that Caulifla is even 18 years old, outside of her brother looking kind of old (but look at Gohan and Goten's age difference of 11 years, and its not unheard of for some siblings in real life to be over 20 years apart).

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Jan 02, 2018 3:02 am

Jackalope89 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:

Age doesn't matter as long as they're both consenting adults.
Except there's nothing saying that Caulifla is even 18 years old, outside of her brother looking kind of old (but look at Gohan and Goten's age difference of 11 years, and its not unheard of for some siblings in real life to be over 20 years apart).
Their age difference is actually just 10 years. But setting that aside, Cabba's an elite solider so he's got to be 18+ and Caulifla should be around the same age.

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:36 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: Age doesn't matter as long as they're both consenting adults.
Their age difference is actually just 10 years. But setting that aside, Cabba's an elite solider so he's got to be 18+ and Caulifla should be around the same age.
Applying our world logic yeah he should be above 18+ but he is a saiyan. Even though the saiyans of universe 6 are said to be heroes of it doesn't change the fact that they are a warrior race. When Vegeta was around Trunks age he was already being sent to distant planets to conquer them. Now does this doesn't necessarily mean he not 18+ but theirs still a pretty good chance he is younger and in turn Kale and Caulifla are too.
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:19 am

Bruma rabu wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote: Except there's nothing saying that Caulifla is even 18 years old, outside of her brother looking kind of old (but look at Gohan and Goten's age difference of 11 years, and its not unheard of for some siblings in real life to be over 20 years apart).
Applying our world logic yeah he should be above 18+ but he is a saiyan. Even though the saiyans of universe 6 are said to be heroes of it doesn't change the fact that they are a warrior race. When Vegeta was around Trunks age he was already being sent to distant planets to conquer them. Now does this doesn't necessarily mean he not 18+ but theirs still a pretty good chance he is younger and in turn Kale and Caulifla are too.
In the end it's all speculation until Shueisha gives us confirmation.

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:15 am

Khandom101 wrote:Like serioulsy, he has been getting shipped with
1. Helles
2. Vados
3. Freeza ( quite surprised actually )
4. Caulifla
5. kale ( to a degree)
6. Last but not least Android 18 (as of current)

You know Chi Chi is despised by the fandom when Goku has been getting shipped to such an huge extent. please share your thought and opinions
1) I don't think Goku should be with Helles. As it is curious the female God of Destruction was never called a Goddess of Destruction in both canons.

2) Vados is also not a wise choice, as the so-called Angel is basically if Future Android 18 was born as a God-like harbinger of death and destruction.

3) Why would Goku want to be with Frieza? Goku and Frieza hate each other even more than fans of the Dragon Ball Franchise hate Dragon Ball Super.

4) Caulifla would not be a good influence on Goku. (Period.) Having her be his wife in place of Chi-Chi, and in turn becoming the mother of Gohan and Goten, would have doomed the entire timeline. As both Gohan and Goten would have inherited her cockiness and brashness, traits which lead to Caulifla and the rest of Universe being wiped out.

5) Goku and Kale is the only hypothetical couple I would ship. As if they had met when they were kids, or even as teenagers, both of the Saiyans would have been stronger in more ways than one.

6) While Goku would have no problems with her, Android 18 would. As I doubt she would have the willpower to constantly ignore one of the 2 reasons she was turned into a Cybernetic Human 24/7.

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 4:26 pm

You shouldn't be surprised. Goku is one of the most widely shipped males in Anime since the 90s, both East and West. Personally, I think Goku x Caulifila can work since they are alternative universe counterparts. Goku x Vados would be interesting as well.I don't hate Chichi by the way, she gets way more hate than she deserves.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:05 pm

kn83 wrote:You shouldn't be surprised. Goku is one of the most widely shipped males in Anime since the 90s, both East and West. Personally, I think Goku x Caulifila can work since they are alternative universe counterparts. Goku x Vados would be interesting as well.I don't hate Chichi by the way, she gets way more hate than she deserves.
You would be the exception. 9 times out of 10, most people that ship Goku with someone (in OR out of the DB franchise) do it because they have an unreasonable hatred of Chichi. To the point where they mix fanon with canon. A lot. :problem:

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:43 am

Jackalope89 wrote:
kn83 wrote:You shouldn't be surprised. Goku is one of the most widely shipped males in Anime since the 90s, both East and West. Personally, I think Goku x Caulifila can work since they are alternative universe counterparts. Goku x Vados would be interesting as well.I don't hate Chichi by the way, she gets way more hate than she deserves.
You would be the exception. 9 times out of 10, most people that ship Goku with someone (in OR out of the DB franchise) do it because they have an unreasonable hatred of Chichi. To the point where they mix fanon with canon. A lot. :problem:
I've never understood the amount of hate Chichi gets from the American fandom (there's plenty of pro-Chichi fanart in Japan however) to the point were they falsely blame her for "ruining" Gohan :roll:

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Fri Jan 05, 2018 3:52 am

kn83 wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:
I've never understood the amount of hate Chichi gets from the American fandom (there's plenty of pro-Chichi fanart in Japan however) to the point were they falsely blame her for "ruining" Gohan :roll:
Clownhan only has himself to blame. I do think there's several women who'd make better partners for Goku than Chichi though.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:09 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote: In the end it's all speculation until Shueisha gives us confirmation.
is the example of tarble the brother of vegeta looks very young but should be the same age as goku for obvious reasons
Jackalope89 wrote: You would be the exception. 9 times out of 10, most people that ship Goku with someone (in OR out of the DB franchise) do it because they have an unreasonable hatred of Chichi. To the point where they mix fanon with canon. A lot. :problem:
While I do not hate chichi, I have to accept that the relationship she have with Goku is really very uninteresting and even non-existent to the point that if you take it off now it would not change anything, the case is different with bulma and vegeta that show more of their relationship. they support each other and care about each other
it's not the character's fault but that was not worked very well compared to other

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:15 pm

I personally think that Goku and Chi Chi are the best for each other. I'm not interested in shipping Goku with others.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:59 pm

Can someone explain to me what "shipped" is supposed to mean in this context? I have no idea what people are talking about. I would imagine it has some romantic connotation but that's about it.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:29 pm

PFM18 wrote:Can someone explain to me what "shipped" is supposed to mean in this context? I have no idea what people are talking about. I would imagine it has some romantic connotation but that's about it.
That's essentially what it means in this context, a romantic pairing.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:41 pm

To be honest, Goku x Caulifla makes much more sense than Goku x Chichi lol.

Chichi is clearly miserable being in a loveless, sexless marriage with Goku. Caulfila has much more in common with Goku than Chichi does.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:07 am

PFM18 wrote:Can someone explain to me what "shipped" is supposed to mean in this context? I have no idea what people are talking about. I would imagine it has some romantic connotation but that's about it.
Relationship -> relationshipping -> shipping.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:14 am

dbgtFO wrote:
Relationship -> relationshipping -> shipping.
OOOOOhhhhhhhh thank you lol. That makes sense.

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:53 am

Goku’s like super asexual. Like I bet if Krillin asked Goku to marry him before Chi Chi Goku would be like “Sure why not”

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:26 am

zarmack wrote:To be honest, Goku x Caulifla makes much more sense than Goku x Chichi lol.

Chichi is clearly miserable being in a loveless, sexless marriage with Goku. Caulfila has much more in common with Goku than Chichi does.
I disagree with you on that one.