Goku has been getting shipped a lot lately.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lukmendes
Regular

Re: Goku has been getting shipped a lot lately.

Post by Lukmendes » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:16 am

dbgtFO wrote:Relationship -> relationshipping -> shipping.
Ooohhhh, so that's where "ship" comes from, thought it was some weird joke about actualy ships that somehow became related to couples lol, thanks man.
MasenkoHA wrote:Goku’s like super asexual. Like I bet if Krillin asked Goku to marry him before Chi Chi Goku would be like “Sure why not”
Well, he thought it was food back then, so, yeah, he would.

Chances are if Krillin asked Goku now, he would be okay with it anyways :lol: .
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Sun Nov 25, 2018 9:42 am

I don't like ships because of the uncanny valley implications it gives of, especially at the age differences between characters like GokuxCaulifla or BrolyxKale etc.

Cursed Lemon
Advanced Regular

Post by Cursed Lemon » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:31 am

God, is Kanzenshuu nothing except shipposting now?

GAWD
Special Beam Cannon!

(゚Д゚)σ 弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌弌⊃

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Nov 25, 2018 10:40 am

Cursed Lemon wrote:God, is Kanzenshuu nothing except shipposting now?

GAWD
No, it's nothing but shitposting.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:21 am

Whenever new female fighters appear, they get shipped with Goku or Vegeta.

It got stronger with the arrival of the first canon female Saiyans.

Hardly anything new, really.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:37 pm

CTAkuma wrote:I don't like ships because of the uncanny valley implications it gives of, especially at the age differences between characters like GokuxCaulifla or BrolyxKale etc.
tarble was the age of goku despite looking younger
gine, is seen to be the same age as caulifla but it should be higher or not?

neither caulifla nor kale have an age confirmed only that some suppose it.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:19 pm

DragonBallFoodie wrote:Whenever new female fighters appear, they get shipped with Goku or Vegeta.

That's because Goku and Vegeta marrying warrior women makes much more sense than marrying a scientist and a housewife.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:03 am

zarmack wrote:
DragonBallFoodie wrote:Whenever new female fighters appear, they get shipped with Goku or Vegeta.

That's because Goku and Vegeta marrying warrior women makes much more sense than marrying a scientist and a housewife.
True enough it does make more sense, but I still like their marriages.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:26 am

GokuxCaulifla is one of those things that only makes sense until you think about it. I mean, if you can look past the age difference and Kale being first in line.

That relationship starts strong and lasts up until the first evening when they get home from a rousing training sessions and Goku asks her to cook dinner. He needs a housewife and Caulifla wouldn't take that shit. Goku and Chi Chi make more sense because they're pretty much co-dependent. She does the cooking/cleaning/looking after the kids, he does menial labour and food-gathering when she can persuade him to. It ain't progressive, there's no passion, they're a rural couple, plain and simple.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:50 am

Goku and Bulma would have make so much sense, then Yamcha and Chichi; Tenshinhan Lunch, after that if Lanfan got stuck in the Z-Team why pair her with Vegeta and then lastly Kuririn and Android 18. All of those peoples would have offspring.
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

MasenkoHA
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MasenkoHA » Mon Nov 26, 2018 4:47 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:Goku and Bulma would have make so much sense
No it wouldn’t. They had a big sister/little brother relationship

then Yamcha and Chichi
What?

after that if Lanfan got stuck in the Z-Team why pair her with Vegeta.
The chick in the 21st Budokai whose schtick was takinf her clothes off?

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 5:30 pm

Goku and Chi Chi work well because they compliment each other. Chi Chi is essentially what Goku needs in a wife.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:06 am

Kataphrut wrote:GokuxCaulifla is one of those things that only makes sense until you think about it. I mean, if you can look past the age difference and Kale being first in line.

That relationship starts strong and lasts up until the first evening when they get home from a rousing training sessions and Goku asks her to cook dinner. He needs a housewife and Caulifla wouldn't take that shit. Goku and Chi Chi make more sense because they're pretty much co-dependent. She does the cooking/cleaning/looking after the kids, he does menial labour and food-gathering when she can persuade him to. It ain't progressive, there's no passion, they're a rural couple, plain and simple.
because Kid Goku did not hunt animals and eat them

Goku spent most of his marriage dead but even so chichi did not need to goku, (because he did not work) leaved ahead thanks to Ox-King

goku I do not need chichi because had kaiosama to feed him for 7 years lol

that is clear I like chichi but she was created to be the mother of gohan and maintain order in the home but their relationship with goku is almost nonexistent
--------

vegeta and bulma works because they love each other and they have shown them many times
without her, vegeta would return to her loneliness in addition to goku she was the only person who approached he.
bulma support with their machines helps them improve .. their "relationship" is better working and they depend on each other for that reason there are few "ships" with vegeta, is with the right woman.

----------
goku with caulifla both have the love for the fight that's why they met
they could help each other improve as they did in the tournament and they would not have to force themselves to do something that they are not because both are saiyan warriors

although I rarely think that the "ship" works with goku this time I think it could work with her

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:03 am

Kataphrut wrote:GokuxCaulifla is one of those things that only makes sense until you think about it. I mean, if you can look past the age difference and Kale being first in line.

Goku doesn't need Chi-Chi to get food (he could always hunt for it like did as a kid or just steal from stores). Hell, he doesn't need Chi-Chi at all and seems perfectly content with being single.

The shared interest in fighting is the biggest reason why Caulifla is better match for Goku than Chi-Chi. Plus, we have no confirmation on how old the 3 U6 Saiyans exactly are (for all we know they could be around the same age as Goku, like Tarble is)

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:26 am

Its a matter of opinion whether or not the relationship between Goku and Chi Chi is nonexistent. I've seen moments of it.

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:42 am

zarmack wrote:

Goku doesn't need Chi-Chi to get food (he could always hunt for it like did as a kid or just steal from stores). Hell, he doesn't need Chi-Chi at all and seems perfectly content with being single.

The shared interest in fighting is the biggest reason why Caulifla is better match for Goku than Chi-Chi. Plus, we have no confirmation on how old the 3 U6 Saiyans exactly are (for all we know they could be around the same age as Goku, like Tarble is)
No GokuXCaulifla doesn't work since she will not take care of Goten or children to begin with, do housework or pressure Goku to actually work/provide for his family and do you honestly think Caulifla is the type of person who cooks for Goku? This is just wishfullfilment ignoring the obvious age gap of her calling him "old man"

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:33 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
zarmack wrote:

No GokuXCaulifla doesn't work since she will not take care of Goten or children to begin with, do housework or pressure Goku to actually work/provide for his family and do you honestly think Caulifla is the type of person who cooks for Goku? This is just wishfullfilment ignoring the obvious age gap of her calling him "old man"
kaiosama provides food to goku

piccolo takes care of the sons of goku ...

that does not make them have a relationship ..

Goku hates to work ... already spent more time training and away from his family than the little time he has been cultivating that is basically the illusion of a relationship in comparison to other characters in the same series that have a much better relationship developed than them
different modes of parenting taking into account that they would not have to take Earthling customs if neither they nor their hypothetical children are, also they themselves survived without having known parents but they managed to get ahead
her calling him "old man" is basically a sign of rebellion on the part of she can make an age difference? yes, but there is nothing that says that it is too much taking into account that his brother renso seems to be older than goku and for the same tarble is the age of goku

he only clarified that it's okay if they like the relationship of goku and chichi each one is in his right but ... at least for me it does not seem to work

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:29 pm

Tai Lung wrote:

Goku hates to work ... already spent more time training and away from his family than the little time he has been cultivating that is basically the illusion of a relationship in comparison to other characters in the same series that have a much better relationship developed than them
different modes of parenting taking into account that they would not have to take Earthling customs if neither they nor their hypothetical children are, also they themselves survived without having known parents but they managed to get ahead
her calling him "old man" is basically a sign of rebellion on the part of she can make an age difference? yes, but there is nothing that says that it is too much taking into account that his brother renso seems to be older than goku and for the same tarble is the age of goku

he only clarified that it's okay if they like the relationship of goku and chichi each one is in his right but ... at least for me it does not seem to work
Leeching of others for food or to take care of your children is not a healthy relationship, GokuXCaulifla does not work in context to the show, the only thing they share in common is their lust for battle or hunger for food which all saiyans have, at that point it is as ridiculous as GokuXBroly etc.

Chi Chi went the extra mile to get her children education and a healthy lifestyle which Goku does not care about, she is a good mother in the context of being parents. I'm sorry Caulifla doesn't work in my eyes, its as ridiculous as KaleXBroly

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Tue Nov 27, 2018 4:36 pm

CTAkuma wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:

Leeching of others for food or to take care of your children is not a healthy relationship, GokuXCaulifla does not work in context to the show, the only thing they share in common is their lust for battle or hunger for food which all saiyans have, at that point it is as ridiculous as GokuXBroly etc.

Chi Chi went the extra mile to get her children education and a healthy lifestyle which Goku does not care about, she is a good mother in the context of being parents. I'm sorry Caulifla doesn't work in my eyes, its as ridiculous as KaleXBroly

does not have to loot food you will remember that goku as a child survives hunting animals and goku cooked them, I never need anything else because that this provides the nature.
nobody denies that chichi was a good mother I am aware of that, since it was created to this basically kept an order in the home and an earthling, environment but that was also what their children wanted as they act more like earthlings, has nothing to do with keep a relationship of a couple which as I said does not work if they can be away for years if seen and none is needed.
goku is selfish the same admitted, the prefer to be away from his family and a peaceful life of a normal human to continue his training and become stronger the only way to maintain a relationship without moving away is to have a partner who has his same love for the fights that the but at the same time is a good person and does not force him to do something that he is not or that he leaves the martial arts
I can not think of anyone else, I rarely think that a ship with goku works but this seems a valid option
I do not like the broly x kale lol first of all the first one is an evil killer with mental traumas and kale is a shy girl who does not control her own hidden power seems a bad example

CTAkuma
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by CTAkuma » Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:03 pm

Tai Lung wrote:
CTAkuma wrote:
Tai Lung wrote:

does not have to loot food you will remember that goku as a child survives hunting animals and goku cooked them, I never need anything else because that this provides the nature.
nobody denies that chichi was a good mother I am aware of that, since it was created to this basically kept an order in the home and an earthling, environment but that was also what their children wanted as they act more like earthlings, has nothing to do with keep a relationship of a couple which as I said does not work if they can be away for years if seen and none is needed.
goku is selfish the same admitted, the prefer to be away from his family and a peaceful life of a normal human to continue his training and become stronger the only way to maintain a relationship without moving away is to have a partner who has his same love for the fights that the but at the same time is a good person and does not force him to do something that he is not or that he leaves the martial arts
I can not think of anyone else, I rarely think that a ship with goku works but this seems a valid option
I do not like the broly x kale lol first of all the first one is an evil killer with mental traumas and kale is a shy girl who does not control her own hidden power seems a bad example
Really any saiyanXGoku works by this logic since all of them have a love for battle, again Caulifla is not unique in that regard. I heavily disagree that Goku would stoop willingly for a partner unless he/she tricks him like Chi Chi did.

Its just wish fulfillment and the age gap is present, again if Goku really needed a fighting partner he literally could have picked any other saiyan