Goku has been getting shipped a lot lately.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Re: Goku has been getting shipped a lot lately.

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:52 am

precita wrote:Shipping is generally something female fans do because of wish fullfilment or the fact that they want their favorite characters together.
Can't blame 'em.

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:02 am

Doctor. wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Yes, this is my ship.
:wtf:
What's wrong?
No GokuxDrRota ship?And you call yourself a doctor.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:11 am

Whatever wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Jackalope89 wrote: :wtf:
What's wrong?
The one true doctor is Piccolo. He doses Vegeta daily.

TheGodfather93
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheGodfather93 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:32 am

This doesn't surprise me in the slightest. Shipping has always been a big deal in anime/manga for certain parts of a fandom. The fact that Dragon Ball underwent a revival of sorts several years ago with BoG/RoF/Super meant it was inevitable that new ships would become a thing. In Goku's case, it doesn't help that a lot of people dislike Chi-Chi.
If you have the time and are interested, please consider checking out my fanfiction account at https://www.fanfiction.net/~thegodfather93

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:47 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:I can't wait for Super to turn into a harem show, the ratings will double.
Oh Boy!
Now that's something I would wanna watch everyday, can't wait for that tsundere who hates the fact that she loves the fact that she's in love with you!
And you know whenever this sadist bitch who beats the absolute shit out of the one she loves comes into picture the ratings gonna skyrocket!
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:00 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Whatever wrote:
Doctor. wrote: What's wrong?
The one true doctor is Piccolo. He doses Vegeta daily.
Good for Vegeta,he is getting his daily dose of Piccolo.
This is the magic of the internet.

Who would have thought that VegetaxPiccolo would become a meme.

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sat Dec 30, 2017 3:49 am

nickzambuto wrote:
Kataphrut wrote:It's hard not to see his various rivals as shipping analogues. Hell, TFS did a whole short that was basically about that. Vegeta is to Goku in terms of rivals what Chi Chi is in terms of actual relationships: the old faithful that stays with him even after all the passion has died because it's easier to stay together than it is to find someone else.

Props to Goku, he seems to have realised this and been making steps to find new people, even if it's had mixed results. He had a good thing going with the cute, unconventional assassin from Universe 6, but didn't realise what he had and squandered it to chase after the bitchy head cheerleader from Universe 11, who won't give him the time of day because he's *so* out of her league. He's also fallen into a bad way trying to reignite the flames with an old one-off, the galactic tyrant. A toxic relationship with an awful person who caused nothing but pain, but still Goku will never forget that wild, passionate evening on Namek. Sure, she acts like she's ready to turn over a new leaf and try for something long-term, but let's face it, Goku needs to see the writing on the wall.

He's also tried grooming his own rivals, taking kids with potential under his wing. It didn't work out with his two sons, so he's ended up doing it with a pair of girls half his age and a little African boy. And that's where this analogy gets creepy(er).
This is signature material, it's unfortunate that it's too long.
Thanks! :thumbup: Forget sigs though, I think I've stumbled onto the concept of a half-decent parody dating sim.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:46 am

The only true ship that is sailing is Freekuu.

But the official ships are Vegetto and Gogeta. Get it?
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:27 pm

Don't put much stock in it. Mostly silly fangirls and memesters who do that shit.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:29 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:Don't put much stock in it. Mostly silly fangirls and memesters who do that shit.
Did he get banned for this post? Doesn't seem that bad to me.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:33 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
DBZAOTA482 wrote:Don't put much stock in it. Mostly silly fangirls and memesters who do that shit.
No, it was when I called Sean Schemmel a... nevermind.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sat Dec 30, 2017 10:37 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
No, it was when I called Sean Schemmel a... nevermind.
You can still post even when banned? What did you get banned from?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sat Dec 30, 2017 11:32 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote: You can still post even when banned? What did you get banned from?
The title sticks around for a bit presumably for extra punishment, so the user is reminded of his bad behaviour and so other users know and so mods can easily see that the user was previously banned, if the user breaks more rules after having the ban lifted.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:10 pm

That's what people do, they ship. Not much you can do about it <sigh>

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jan 01, 2018 2:14 pm

Actually for me this arc's been really lacking on shipping when it comes to Gokû:

-The other half of his canon ship has been missing this arc; Chi-Chi at least had a plot point in the Gokû Black arc with a big emotional payoff by Gokû vs Zamasu. She's absent in the ToP.
-Vegeta's barely interacted with Gokû since this arc began last January. Hardly any VegeKaka to go around. They went a solid 8 weeks without encountering each other.
-None of the new ToP arc specific characters strike me as shipping material for Gokû.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:06 pm

Chuquita wrote: -None of the new ToP arc specific characters strike me as shipping material for Gokû.
Really? Why's that?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:39 pm

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Chuquita wrote: -None of the new ToP arc specific characters strike me as shipping material for Gokû.
Really? Why's that?
None of them struck me that way. They'd need to be able to have good rapport with Goku in a way that so far I haven't really seen in the new ToP characters (Jiren is so disinterested in Goku has no chemistry with him and is so unappealing as a character imo. The new Uni 6 saiyans are too young for Goku: even if they time skipped to when they're adults, Caulifla sees him as more of a means to learn new power than a personal interest. Kale flat out doesn't like him.) Anyone else I could think of would be from another arc, not this one.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:06 pm

Chuquita wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Really? Why's that?
None of them struck me that way. They'd need to be able to have good rapport with Goku in a way that so far I haven't really seen in the new ToP characters (Jiren is so disinterested in Goku has no chemistry with him and is so unappealing as a character imo. The new Uni 6 saiyans are too young for Goku: even if they time skipped to when they're adults, Caulifla sees him as more of a means to learn new power than a personal interest. Kale flat out doesn't like him.) Anyone else I could think of would be from another arc, not this one.
Oh, I've seen quite a few GokuxCaulifla shippers out there. On quora, youtube comments, etc. Though point out she's probably closer in age to Goten, and they try and ignore that.

Less objectionable, would be the ones where Cabba was shipped with BOTH Kale and Caulifla (at least they're in the same age group).

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:14 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: Really? Why's that?
Oh, I've seen quite a few GokuxCaulifla shippers out there. On quora, youtube comments, etc. Though point out she's probably closer in age to Goten, and they try and ignore that.

Less objectionable, would be the ones where Cabba was shipped with BOTH Kale and Caulifla (at least they're in the same age group).
Age doesn't matter as long as they're both consenting adults.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Mon Jan 01, 2018 8:17 pm

Jackalope89 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: Really? Why's that?

Cabba or Kale as an option for Caulifla I can see (I don't think Kale could handle sharing her with Cabba). Gokû's way too old for her imo. He's early 40's at this point. Caulifla I could see being as young as 14 the way she looks and acts. I know couples in rl who are 10 years apart, but I seriously doubt Caulifla's in her 30's.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!