How strong is Hit without Time Skip?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

How strong is Hit without Time Skip?

Post by Professor Freeza » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:15 am

How will he fare Against Ultimate Gohan, Golden Freeza, SSB Vegeta and SSB Goku without his Time Skip?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: How strong is Hit without Time Skip?

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:18 pm

At this stage, I'd personally put Hit among the likes of SSJB Goku/Vegeta, Golden Freeza and Ultimate Gohan. And without the Time-Skip I think he would fare decently against them.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Jan 02, 2018 7:58 pm

Hit's strength is difficult to gauge due to his reliance on special abilities and techniques, rarely using the traditional method of hand-to-hand combat and opting to bypass his opponent entirely rather than try to match them in a dual of raw power & speed. If someone were to be in on how his tricks work then someone on the tier of Base Goku can dodge his casual hits, when Hit revs up the extent of his powers though is when it takes the tier of SSJ to match his attacks. The level of SSJG and beyond seems to be above Hit's ordinary attributes so its at that point that he spams his abilities and pushes them to their limit, putting him anywhere above SSJ but below SSJG. I'm guessing Hit qualifies in the SSJ2 or possibly SSJ3 tier of simple raw strength, pretty incredible for someone without any transformations or God Ki.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:59 am

theherodjl wrote:Hit's strength is difficult to gauge due to his reliance on special abilities and techniques, rarely using the traditional method of hand-to-hand combat and opting to bypass his opponent entirely rather than try to match them in a dual of raw power & speed. If someone were to be in on how his tricks work then someone on the tier of Base Goku can dodge his casual hits, when Hit revs up the extent of his powers though is when it takes the tier of SSJ to match his attacks. The level of SSJG and beyond seems to be above Hit's ordinary attributes so its at that point that he spams his abilities and pushes them to their limit, putting him anywhere above SSJ but below SSJG. I'm guessing Hit qualifies in the SSJ2 or possibly SSJ3 tier of simple raw strength, pretty incredible for someone without any transformations or God Ki.
Well Hit was able to take hits [heh] from SSB Goku and Jiren. I doubt a SSj3 level guy would be able to do that

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:36 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
theherodjl wrote:Hit's strength is difficult to gauge due to his reliance on special abilities and techniques, rarely using the traditional method of hand-to-hand combat and opting to bypass his opponent entirely rather than try to match them in a dual of raw power & speed. If someone were to be in on how his tricks work then someone on the tier of Base Goku can dodge his casual hits, when Hit revs up the extent of his powers though is when it takes the tier of SSJ to match his attacks. The level of SSJG and beyond seems to be above Hit's ordinary attributes so its at that point that he spams his abilities and pushes them to their limit, putting him anywhere above SSJ but below SSJG. I'm guessing Hit qualifies in the SSJ2 or possibly SSJ3 tier of simple raw strength, pretty incredible for someone without any transformations or God Ki.
Well Hit was able to take hits [heh] from SSB Goku and Jiren. I doubt a SSj3 level guy would be able to do that
They were holding back.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:49 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
Hit can skip time and store it to greatly heighten his senses and prep himself for incoming blows, its why he could survive battling guys with power tens of times greater than his own along with the fact that they weren't fighting to kill him. His own raw strength isn't particularly phenomenal among guys like SSJB Goku & Jiren, Hit makes up for this by combining his strength with a myriad of space/time abilities to get the jump on his opponent. His wins against Goku are just the result of Goku holding back to determine the scope of Hit's powers and how to get past them for fun, Jiren also entertained Hit's abilities to give him a fair chance until he used his real strength to overwhelm Hit.
I like Hit and I like how he strategizes with his more interesting abilities to add something unique to the table, but in DB fashion it is usually the fighter with greater strength & speed who wins. Hit can't defeat the cliches of Shonen at the end of the day. :?

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:18 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
They were holding back.
I REAAAAALY Doubt that

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:12 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
They were holding back.
I REAAAAALY Doubt that
Obviously they don't want to kill him.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:16 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote: They were holding back.
I REAAAAALY Doubt that
https://screenshots.firefox.com/QCN1v8q ... imepace.si

Does that seem holding back to you?

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Wed Jan 03, 2018 5:59 pm

Professor Freeza wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:
I REAAAAALY Doubt that
https://screenshots.firefox.com/QCN1v8q ... imepace.si

Does that seem holding back to you?
Yes. Goku probably would have blown his head off if he went all out.

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Wed Jan 03, 2018 6:21 pm

In the manga, I'd estimate him to be a match for a revived post-training True Form Freeza; in the anime, I'd estimate him to be a match for a hypothetical SSJ Blue Kaiōken x5 Gokū; without the Time Skip, he'd probably fight more-or-less like either of them, minus the Kaiōken's strain. So, in the manga, I'd say he's not a match for any of the characters you listed, but, in the anime, he'd be a match for all of them.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:03 pm

Black Hawk wrote:In the manga, I'd estimate him to be a match for a revived post-training True Form Freeza; in the anime, I'd estimate him to be a match for a hypothetical SSJ Blue Kaiōken x5 Gokū; without the Time Skip, he'd probably fight more-or-less like either of them, minus the Kaiōken's strain. So, in the manga, I'd say he's not a match for any of the characters you listed, but, in the anime, he'd be a match for all of them.
In the anime, Hit spammed his time skip practically every time he could use it as well as the fact that the anime time skip can improve mid-battle while the manga time skip has a set limit. These factors can very well make it appear that anime Hit is significantly stronger than his manga counterpart, I'd argue that they're in a similar or the same power tier though.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Wed Jan 03, 2018 10:23 pm

I'd say he'd still be even with SSB Goku, Vegeta, and Golden Freeza. He'd easily beat Ultimate Gohan though, since Gohan isn't near SSB-level (yet, I guess).

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:45 pm

theherodjl wrote:In the anime, Hit spammed his time skip practically every time he could use it as well as the fact that the anime time skip can improve mid-battle while the manga time skip has a set limit. These factors can very well make it appear that anime Hit is significantly stronger than his manga counterpart, I'd argue that they're in a similar or the same power tier though.
That's a very good point. Since the anime doesn't include Whis' exposition on Vegeta not being able to utilize SSJ Blue's full power in rapid succession (though he did have a harder time with Magetter and Cabba than in the manga), I might mark him as being slightly stronger than in the manga, perhaps around or slightly above SSJ Blue, but not with any level of Kaiōken stacked on top of it. He did, after all, survive an onslaught of attacks from SSJ Blue Kaiōken x10 Gokū and didn't appear particularly worse for wear afterward, so I can't quite see him being below SSJ Blue.

Perhaps, without Time Skip, he'd have been an even match for SSJ Blue Gokū to balance out how he dominated SSJ Blue Gokū after his Time Skip improved.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Thu Jan 04, 2018 5:47 pm

Easily SSJB level. Here is the proof: Jiren blocked SSJG punches with a finger, but agaisnt Blue Goku and Hit, he blocked properly.
Even without Time Skip, he trades blow to blow with SSJB Goku, blocking his attacks, keeping up with his movements and hitting him back, and his attacks always damage Goku in Blue form, so his strength is omn par obviously.
He can block hits from Jiren, same hits that Goku took. He was able to send Jiren flying with a punch.

His is also insanely durable, he tanks blows better than anyone. Dyspo was beating him up, and he took it head on and his power hasn't dropped at all and he wasn't really damaged that much. He took hits from Kaioken 10x Goku and still was fine after that, in fighting shape, he took hits from Jiren and his damage was still minimal (stated by Cabba), and is proven later because Hit seemed to be just fine when he used his time lock, and even after being defeated, he was fine.

I would say his strength, speed and durability is just like that of SSJB, but he is much more powerful with his hax.

To all those who say Goku was holding back agaisnt Hit, no evidences to support this. Just your wishes, only thing he held back was kaioken.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:44 am

He should be equivalent to SSB plus or minus a few. In the manga, there was no such thing as "improvement". When he powered up, he got stronger and his time skip remained at 0.1 s. It makes sense because he never used this "improvement" again during his fight with Dyspo or Jiren. The "improvement" was a Toei made thing and did not make sense for Hit to magically improve during a fight. Zenkai boosts happen after being healed from the brink of death. Magically improving during the fight makes absolutely no sense.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:34 am

I feel as though he should be inferior to the present arc SSJB tier. Goku in blue completely withstood Kunshi's attack with no damage suffered whereas Hit appeared to be cautiously positioning himself so as to not set them off while relying on his ranged technique to counterattack his opponent. As for how he can remain standing after taking attacks from opponents who should logically be much stronger than him, well I think using the same reasoning for how Goku could survive even a single attack from Freeza at 50% back in the Namek arc should suffice. Maybe he built up his endurance to resist attacks from far stronger opponents. Without Toki-Tobashi Hit is still very dangerous through his Dim Mak. If Toei knew how to interpret and execute its effects properly then anyone sans the regenerative fighters would fall victim to a few pinpoint strikes in vulnerable places.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Jan 05, 2018 11:36 am

Back in the Universe 6 saga he was weaker than Super Saiyan Blue Goku power level wise.

Who knows how strong he grew by the Tournament of Power but it's probably still the same relatively. In which case then no I don't think he'd be as powerful as Golden Frieza or Toppo.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:52 pm

Anime: ssj blue level, since he was able to ko ssj blue Vegeta.

Manga: between ssg and ssj blue.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:23 pm

I'd say that in the anime he's as powerful, in fact maybe a bit more so, then Goku and Vegeta in Blue. But as shown, his time-skip gives him a very big advantage over foes even as powerful as himself.