They never fixed the trunks warning of 19+20 thing?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Re: They never fixed the trunks warning of 19+20 thing?

Post by Darkprince410 » Sat Jan 06, 2018 5:26 pm

VegettoEX wrote:
Darkprince410 wrote:I'm not familiar with this particular "plothole", when did it happen originally and what was the gist of it?
Chapter 213:

Gohan: Um…! Would you be the person called ‘Kuririn’…?!
Kuririn: Yep! You’re Goku’s son, aren’t you! Ha ha! You look a lot like him!!
Gohan: I knew it! You’re just like Dad said!
Kuririn: …I bet he probably said something like ‘the guy with the head like a pinball’, right…?

Changed to:

Gohan: I remember now! You’re the person from back at Master Kame-Sen’nin’s house…
Kuririn: The name’s Kuririn! You’ve gotten a lot stronger! You’re like your dad was when he was a little kid!
Gohan: You’re small but strong, right?! Dad said that a lot!
Kuririn: ‘Small’… was uncalled for… That jerk… and I thought I’d gotten pretty big…
Ahh. yeah, that's a pretty glaring one. I could at least understand Gohan not really remembering Kuririn too much, given how young he was, that I don't recall Goku introducing Kuririn and the others to Gohan by name, and that he only saw Kuririn for a couple minutes before Raditz arrived. However, Kuririn's comment is the real issue.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:20 pm

The best way to fix it would just be to have him say "Two androids will arrive at ....." that way you don't have to worry about mixing up their numbers and as Trunks himself would later state in his time he's only ever met #17 and #18 so why would he bother to mention names and details. He dose not know were Gero's lab is or that he worked on other models so such details would not help.

The only real rub with that whole thing is that what ever way round the names are he should have brought a bloody photo (or at least a detailed discretion) and told every that you cannot sense androids. Those were to very important details, in fact the second most important details after warning of their arrive, that he should have told them. That way the hero's would not be in danger of an ambush ala Yamcha. I get it you didn't want to change the timeline in a negative way Trunks but what good would your little trip do if Goku gets killed by an enemy he cannot sense or see? Even though his details on the androids would have been no good due to the changes to the timeline the heroes could have prepared for foes they could not sense rather then having to find out on the fly and being put in panic mode.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:45 pm

Darkprince410 wrote:
VegettoEX wrote:
Darkprince410 wrote:I'm not familiar with this particular "plothole", when did it happen originally and what was the gist of it?
Chapter 213:

Gohan: Um…! Would you be the person called ‘Kuririn’…?!
Kuririn: Yep! You’re Goku’s son, aren’t you! Ha ha! You look a lot like him!!
Gohan: I knew it! You’re just like Dad said!
Kuririn: …I bet he probably said something like ‘the guy with the head like a pinball’, right…?

Changed to:

Gohan: I remember now! You’re the person from back at Master Kame-Sen’nin’s house…
Kuririn: The name’s Kuririn! You’ve gotten a lot stronger! You’re like your dad was when he was a little kid!
Gohan: You’re small but strong, right?! Dad said that a lot!
Kuririn: ‘Small’… was uncalled for… That jerk… and I thought I’d gotten pretty big…
Ahh. yeah, that's a pretty glaring one. I could at least understand Gohan not really remembering Kuririn too much, given how young he was, that I don't recall Goku introducing Kuririn and the others to Gohan by name, and that he only saw Kuririn for a couple minutes before Raditz arrived. However, Kuririn's comment is the real issue.
I'm not sure how this scene went in the anime, but for Kai at least they did the revised "Oh I remember now!" version of the scene. I think it's important as it gives Gohan and Krillin a moment of bonding, which will be a lot more prevalent in the Namek arc.

OhHiRenan
Beyond Newbie

Post by OhHiRenan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:13 pm

If you really want to try to force an in-universe explanation, my personal favorite is that Trunks just said the wrong numbers without realizing it. Obviously we know that’s not what happened, but the mistake was never corrected in later editions of the manga so you can reason it like that if.