Was South Kaioshin Stronger Than Generally Thought?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Was South Kaioshin Stronger Than Generally Thought?

Post by theherodjl » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:07 am

In filler, South Kaioshin was depicted as giving Pure Boo a more or less even fight which ended with Boo gaining the advantage thanks to his unique anatomy, while in the manga the fight is merely described in a passing sentence and Kibitoshin states that Boo "somehow" managed to absorb South Kaioshin as if their powers were not equal as the anime depicted and became Buff Boo. Later on when Super Boo is formed, Boo surpasses the strength of even Post-ROSAT Gotenks who is described by Trunks as being on par with Fat Boo in normal form, making Super Boo over 50x stronger than Fat Boo(if Trunks is not just exaggerating). Even with Super Boo receiving such a massive boost in power from the Fat Boo, the absorption of the South Kaioshin by the original Majin Boo or Pure Boo was still more powerful. A statement backed up by Goku & Vegeta upon notice of Buff Boo having greater power than Super Boo.
So this does create a curious situation, is it simply possible that South Kaioshin was quite a bit stronger than commonly believed to boost Majin Boo's power to greater heights than Pure Evil Boo absorbing Fat Boo? Does this mean that in manga context, South Kaioshin was a great deal stronger than Pure Boo but only ended up being absorbed due to sheer dumb luck on Boo's part? If Ultimate Gohan ended up absorbed by Booccolo then I think it could be possible that Boo can absorb opponents far beyond his own power range.
What do you think?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Re: Was South Kaioshin Stronger Than Generally Thought?

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:13 am

If he was that strong he would have been able to pull the Z sword out.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:36 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:If he was that strong he would have been able to pull the Z sword out.
This implication would make South Kaioshin even weaker than SSJ Gohan when in anime filler he had enough power to combat Pure Boo, a feat which would be impossible for SSJ2 Gohan to achieve especially if SSJ2 Vegeta could not. Its possible that the desperation of the moment led to Gohan going beyond his limit to pull it out, as opposed to the Kaioshin who would have attempted it in a time of peace with no reason to pull it out.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:50 am

Where are you getting the idea that base Gotenks = Fat Buu?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:52 am

theherodjl wrote:
TheUltimateNinja wrote:If he was that strong he would have been able to pull the Z sword out.
This implication would make South Kaioshin even weaker than SSJ Gohan when in anime filler he had enough power to combat Pure Boo, a feat which would be impossible for SSJ2 Gohan to achieve especially if SSJ2 Vegeta could not. Its possible that the desperation of the moment led to Gohan going beyond his limit to pull it out, as opposed to the Kaioshin who would have attempted it in a time of peace with no reason to pull it out.
Goku was able to lift the sword and swing it around fairly easily within seconds of encountering it, something Gohan needed a lot of practice to do so there's nothing to suggest Gohan got stronger in that moment, especially since desperation taking him beyond his limit would probably just make him SSJ2. Furthermore, it doesn't make sense for him to do that in the Kai realm with no immediate danger when he couldn't manage it when Buu was about to be released, and yet again failed to manifest greater power when Buu began his slaughter.
Polyphase Avatron wrote:Where are you getting the idea that base Gotenks = Fat Buu?
Yeah, he should be on par with Initial Super Buu who is far superior to Fat Buu.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:55 am

Wasn't base Gotenks defeated off panel by Fat Buu?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:10 am

TheUltimateNinja wrote:Goku was able to lift the sword and swing it around fairly easily within seconds of encountering it, something Gohan needed a lot of practice to do so there's nothing to suggest Gohan got stronger in that moment, especially since desperation taking him beyond his limit would probably just make him SSJ2. Furthermore, it doesn't make sense for him to do that in the Kai realm with no immediate danger when he couldn't manage it when Buu was about to be released, and yet again failed to manifest greater power when Buu began his slaughter.
There's no other explanation for it. South Kaioshin has to be even stronger than SSJ2 Vegeta to have accomplished his fight in the anime and more so in the manga for Kibitoshin to state that South Kaioshin was "somehow" absorbed, they set South Kaioshin up to be a big deal. Having him be weaker than the SSJs can either be an oversight in the writing or South Kaioshin had no need to lift the sword on account of there being a lack of danger.
Polyphase Avatron wrote:Wasn't base Gotenks defeated off panel by Fat Buu?
Yeah he was. However I'm talking about Trunks' statement after they had spent a couple weeks in the ROSAT, in which Trunks believes that Base Gotenks is now on par with Fat Boo.

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:41 am

Who knows? Perhaps South Kaioshin held the sword before and put it back on the rock for someone else to prove his worth. He was that strong, but the Eastern Kaioshin and Kibito knew that no one could handle it, so perhaps the event was prior to their existence?

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:11 am

Come to think of it, what was supposed to be so impressive about the Z sword? Its weight was probably only around 10 tons so even Kid Goku should be able to incinerate it with ease, and anybody could have extracted it by just blowing up the land around it or using some machine to pull it out. 10 tons is nothing to even basic human machinery.
theherodjl wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:Wasn't base Gotenks defeated off panel by Fat Buu?
Yeah he was. However I'm talking about Trunks' statement after they had spent a couple weeks in the ROSAT, in which Trunks believes that Base Gotenks is now on par with Fat Boo.
He thought Base Gotenks was on par with Super Buu who outclassed Gotenks' Pre-RoSAT SSJ.

So it's actually Base Gotenks (Post) = Super Buu (Initial) > SSJ Gotenks > Fat Buu.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:48 am

I think the only concrete evidence we have is that he was the strongest Kaioshin from U7. Anything beyond that is speculation.

Also, I’m from the opinion that Fusion combined with Super Saiyan works in a different way. So, the most significant power-up is felt in the normal Saiyan form, while Super Saiyan feels like an upgrade of normal Fusion.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:19 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:I think the only concrete evidence we have is that he was the strongest Kaioshin from U7. Anything beyond that is speculation.
I don't think he was stronger than Dai Kaioshin. I'm pretty sure Kaioshin of East only took into consideration the four Kaioshins, not obviously someone who is above them in the hierarchy.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 2:00 pm

I think the other Kaioshins in general are pretty strong. Considering the "somehow" Kibitoshim added, i think SK is a bit stronger than Pure Boo. Probably SSJ Gotenks (Pre) level?

Btw, Base Gotenks (Post Rosat) is >> Fat Boo, not =.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:37 pm

Grimlock wrote:I don't think he was stronger than Dai Kaioshin. I'm pretty sure Kaioshin of East only took into consideration the four Kaioshins, not obviously someone who is above them in the hierarchy.
Kibitoshin said that South Kaioshin was "the strongest and burliest of us" in the same statement that included all 5 Kaioshin.
In filler, Dai Kaioshin battled Buff Boo but only used a technique that sent Boo's blast back at him as well as another that sliced him into pieces, no actual hand to hand combat though. I'm guessing that while Dai Kaioshin may have had specialized techniques, his raw power was not the best of them in anime canon as well.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:25 am

Grimlock wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote:I think the only concrete evidence we have is that he was the strongest Kaioshin from U7. Anything beyond that is speculation.
I don't think he was stronger than Dai Kaioshin. I'm pretty sure Kaioshin of East only took into consideration the four Kaioshins, not obviously someone who is above them in the hierarchy.
The Great Kaioshin was included in the sentence. If hierarchy was that relevant, Zamas wouldn’t be stronger than the Kaioshins due to be a Kaio.