Jiren's Height

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jedi486

Jiren's Height

Post by jedi486 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:01 pm

If Goku is supposed to be around 5'9'', how tall could Jiren be? Sometimes he looks humongous and sometimes not. I say he could be around 6'4". Does that sound like a reasonable height or is that too short?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Jiren's Height

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:07 pm

jedi486 wrote:Sometimes he looks humongous and sometimes not.
Today's episode a good example of that. In the beginning, when Goku powered up in front of him they looked to be even in height, but later on Jiren looked a good deal taller.
I'd say I agree with your estimate and would say he's at minimum 6ft and probably at most 6'4.

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:46 pm

Jiren is basically Superman so I would not want him to be one of the inhumanly tall characters, like a Piccolo or a Boo or a Hit or a Whis. 6'4 seems very appropriate for him.

jedi486

Post by jedi486 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:45 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
jedi486 wrote:Sometimes he looks humongous and sometimes not.
Today's episode a good example of that. In the beginning, when Goku powered up in front of him they looked to be even in height, but later on Jiren looked a good deal taller.
I'd say I agree with your estimate and would say he's at minimum 6ft and probably at most 6'4.
Yeah, It seem like they change it depending on animators... maybe. Cool, yeah definitely above 6 but I don't think he reaches 7. Toppo on the other hand looks like 20'' tall lol

jedi486

Post by jedi486 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:47 pm

nickzambuto wrote:Jiren is basically Superman so I would not want him to be one of the inhumanly tall characters, like a Piccolo or a Boo or a Hit or a Whis. 6'4 seems very appropriate for him.
Yeah, I think even Broly would be taller than him.

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:57 pm

jedi486 wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:Jiren is basically Superman so I would not want him to be one of the inhumanly tall characters, like a Piccolo or a Boo or a Hit or a Whis. 6'4 seems very appropriate for him.
Well Broli is one of the biggest characters in the franchise, isn't he? With the way he towered over Piccolo, that makes him taller than all forms of Boo, Dabura, Ox Demon King, second form Freeza and Cold, and Imperfect Cell. Those are the tallest characters I can think of, excluding actual giants like Enma.

BrolyKale
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by BrolyKale » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:07 pm

nickzambuto wrote:
jedi486 wrote:
Well Broli is one of the biggest characters in the franchise, isn't he? With the way he towered over Piccolo, that makes him taller than all forms of Boo, Dabura, Ox Demon King, second form Freeza and Cold, and Imperfect Cell. Those are the tallest characters I can think of, excluding actual giants like Enma.
Yes, he is one of the tallest characters in dbz.

Zamasu, Broly, Mira & Fu

jedi486

Post by jedi486 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:14 pm

nickzambuto wrote:
jedi486 wrote:
Broly is a monster!!

jedi486

Post by jedi486 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:15 pm

BrolyKale wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:
jedi486 wrote:
Yes, he is one of the tallest characters in dbz.

This is a great reference image. I wish I could understand what it says. Thanks!

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Sun Jan 07, 2018 10:17 pm

jedi486 wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:
jedi486 wrote:
Broly is a monster!!
Monster? He is the devil! :o :shock: :twisted:

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:25 pm

jedi486 wrote:
This is a great reference image. I wish I could understand what it says. Thanks!
It's just listing the character names underneath them. There's no special information there to try and glean from it.

jedi486

Post by jedi486 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:38 am

Darkprince410 wrote:
jedi486 wrote:
It's just listing the character names underneath them. There's no special information there to try and glean from it.
Oh ok, cool. Thanks!