Had Jiren not Participated, U6 would have certainly won the ToP.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Had Jiren not Participated, U6 would have certainly won the ToP.

Post by Professor Freeza » Wed Jan 10, 2018 12:35 pm

Toppo could have been easily dealt with by either Goku or Vegeta [current Toppo at least]. Goku wouldnt get UIO.

Nobody could have eliminated Hit. Certainly not Kefla, the insurance policy of U6, thus U6 would have the strongest fighters in their team.

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Had Jiren not Participated, U6 would have certainly won the ToP.

Post by Lionel » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:10 pm

Ultra Instinct was integral for taking Kefla down. Without the right conditions prompting Goku to exceed his own limits the most he could put forth is a Spirit Bomb propelled by Super Saiyan Blue combined with Kaioken x20. If somehow that was enough to bring Kefla down then you would still have Hit to contend with. Given what we know now about his abilities I think any one of Universe 7's blue tier fighters would be beaten. It would take two or three of them going at the assassin at once to overwhelm him. But it's not just Hit or Kefla that you would have to worry about. Anilaza is going to dominate the battlefield once he's unleashed. Plus, Toppo and Dyspo are still part of the competition -- even Kunshi isn't someone that most competitors could take lightly as he was proving to keep up with Dyspo and Hit while making the assassin think twice before stepping over his energy threads.

I think unless the teams decided to work together or Kefla is still available, Universe 3 will be the last ones standing since Anilaza poses the most dangerous risk after the fused Saiyan.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:29 pm

Lionel wrote:Ultra Instinct was integral for taking Kefla down. Without the right conditions prompting Goku to exceed his own limits the most he could put forth is a Spirit Bomb propelled by Super Saiyan Blue combined with Kaioken x20. If somehow that was enough to bring Kefla down then you would still have Hit to contend with. Given what we know now about his abilities I think any one of Universe 7's blue tier fighters would be beaten. It would take two or three of them going at the assassin at once to overwhelm him. But it's not just Hit or Kefla that you would have to worry about. Anilaza is going to dominate the battlefield once he's unleashed. Plus, Toppo and Dyspo are still part of the competition -- even Kunshi isn't someone that most competitors could take lightly as he was proving to keep up with Dyspo and Hit while making the assassin think twice before stepping over his energy threads.

I think unless the teams decided to work together or Kefla is still available, Universe 3 will be the last ones standing since Anilaza poses the most dangerous risk after the fused Saiyan.

Hit and Kefla together would have taken out Aniraza

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:45 pm

If they're not preoccupied or dispensed with by Universe 7 first then I would agree. The direction of this hypothetical tournament really hinges on when and how Kelfa is eliminated. If it's before Goku has a chance to fight her and she takes on Anilaza then Universe 7 would win. I think Goku can still beat her via the Spirit Bomb but it would be a grueling slog that leaves him in the same condition as when he was incapacitated by Jiren. Should they meet prior to Anilaza then Goku might be incapacitated while the monster runs amok on the tournament ring. It's here that the universes would have to work together in order to win, lest they be taken out by Anilaza one at a time.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:03 am

Goku only needed Ultra Instinct because he was tired, At this point I honestly feel Goku and Vegeta not using fusion is an out of universe thing. Vegeta has swallowed his pride before and now having Bra has made him even more down to Earth,

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:54 am

You know, I can see that. Universe 6 only really started to struggle without Hit, and with no Jiren, he'd still be in the ring, and Ultra Instinct Goku would have never happened. Also, Goku is the only other one I can see actually beating Hit since he's the only one who knows how to deal with Time Skip. They promised to save their fight to the end too, leaving the two of them free to carve a path through the tournament.

That being said, Jiren beating Goku started the chain of events that led to Kefla being born. If Goku wasn't injured, his fight against Caulifla and Kale would have gone a lot quicker. There's also the possibility that fight doesn't happen, since Caulifla challenged Goku to try and get stronger because Hit and Cabba were defeated. There's also a chance Freeza could have gone after her and Kale instead, and he wouldn't have given them the chance to fuse. Alternatively, if Hit were still in, he might've protected them from Freeza.

Ah, the joys of what-if scenarios.

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:57 pm

SSJ2 Kelfa is at best equal to a hypothetical SSJB KKx40 Goku. So even if UI Goku never happens, Goku and Vegeta could just fuse into Gogeta (who by scaling from the Black arc should be stronger than SSJ2 Kelfa in just his SSJ1 form) and stomp her. Hit and Aniraza would be easy for the same reasons.

U7 still wins.

AloversGaming
Beyond Newbie

Post by AloversGaming » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:06 pm

kn83 wrote:SSJ2 Kelfa is at best equal to a hypothetical SSJB KKx40 Goku. So even if UI Goku never happens, Goku and Vegeta could just fuse into Gogeta (who by scaling from the Black arc should be stronger than SSJ2 Kelfa in just his SSJ1 form) and stomp her. Hit and Aniraza would be easy for the same reasons.

U7 still wins.
Vegeta doesn't know how to do that form of fusion and it's unlikely he'd want to fuse with Goku again.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:00 am

Well, nah cos, Goku would fuse with Vegeta, so Vegetto would stomp Kefla and Hit. Rest would be easy.

U7 would have won without any doubts. Now with Jiren in the picture, i TBH dont know if our heroes will be able to win. Jiren seems unstoppable. UI Goku could do nothing to Jiren, and he was freaking suppressed.

DB▪Magnum-Expert
Beyond Newbie

Post by DB▪Magnum-Expert » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:30 am

Professor Freeza wrote:Toppo could have been easily dealt with by either Goku or Vegeta [current Toppo at least]. Goku wouldnt get UIO.

Nobody could have eliminated Hit. Certainly not Kefla, the insurance policy of U6, thus U6 would have the strongest fighters in their team.
Kefla might very well push Goku to break his shell, releasing UIO. Hit improved heavily from Episode 104 all the way to episode 111, so it wouldn't be a stretch at all to say he'd improve all the way to fight Goku later on, and if Kefla and the rest of the Universe 6 fighters team up to throw Goku out of the ring, it would all work out unless everyone from Universe 7 or a number of them come and save Goku. Goku would recover his stamina and get even stronger like he did with Kefla. Aniraza is far weaker than Kefla, so Universe 7 team together are enough to beat him regardless.

Vegeta would eventually push himself to his limit breaking form, all he had to do is Power up further more, and that's all. It would honestly work out either way. Jiren acted as an early access to UIO for Goku. Goku has his "trump card" Spirit Bomb too. Goku would also far exceed his power from the start of the tournament by time.

It can go either way, though Universe 6 would definitely not have lost as early as it did.
People I'm always keen to Debate with for the sole purpose of increasing experience and joy:

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:42 am

Kafla was totally irresponsible with her energy output. She would defuse without even knowing.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Eternal Super Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Eternal Super Saiyan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:38 am

Since fusions are allowed, Goku and Vegeta could fuse, go Blue and go KKx10, then win.

But if given the opportunity, would they?
"Lord Beers, what are those?? Do they taste like root beer?" ~ Goku

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:48 am

Well, guess not. Toppo and Dyspo have power-ups and Toppo, especially, is much more impressive now.

dragon boss z

Post by dragon boss z » Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:22 pm

People need to stop overhyping Hit. Toppo, Goku kkx20 and current Vegeya would solo him. Frieza can arguably solo, but can at least win with help with 17 or Gohan. Kefla would get ganged up on and Toppo can solo her.

Without Jiren Universe 7 would most likely win.