Could FPSSJ Goku have beaten Perfect Cell if his son, Piccolo, and Future Trunks had given him all of their powers?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Could FPSSJ Goku have beaten Perfect Cell if his son, Piccolo, and Future Trunks had given him all of their powers?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:42 pm

If before fighting Perfect Cell for the first time in the Cell Games, Goku had asked for FPSSJ Teen Gohan, Piccolo, and then FPSSJ Future Trunks to have given him all of their respective reserves of power, would Goku have beaten Perfect Cell? Also, would the end result be different if FPSSJ Goku had done this just a few moments before Cell had got back up and regenerated from his Instant Transmission Kamehameha?

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Could FPSSJ Goku have beaten Perfect Cell if his son, Piccolo, and Future Trunks had given him all of their powers?

Post by nickzambuto » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:25 am

I believe we only see transferring power twice in the main series, outside of Broli.

Once is when Gohan and Kuririn give Piccolo their energy, and Piccolo is able to put most of it into a kick that actually sends Freeza flying and leaves him stunned for a minute. This was 50% Freeza so the gap between him and Piccolo would be enormous. Still, it can be argued Piccolo's attack only worked so well because it was a sneak attack.

The other instance is in BoG, where all the saiyans give Goku their energy. IIRC the resulting power level was supposed to be enormous. Drastically surpassing Rageta, and Goku was only SSJ1.

Then we might as well include the scene from where this technique is most well known; oneshotting Broli. This is really consistent with the implication that BoG SSJ1 Goku had an outrageous power level, because the gap between Broli and half-dead Goku can't be understated.

All of these instances consistently indicate that the boost from sharing energy is a LOT bigger than most would think. The gap between Goku and Cell was quite large, but I say Goku slightly surpasses his power in this scenario. Problem is that shared energy dissipates in two seconds, you basically have one shot to use it all at once, and Goku's advantage over Cell definitely won't be enough to end him in one blow. If you added Vegeta's energy, then maybe a Super Kamehameha could do it... maybe. IF there's even enough time to properly charge and aim it.

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Could FPSSJ Goku have beaten Perfect Cell if his son, Piccolo, and Future Trunks had given him all of their powers?

Post by Lionel » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:59 pm

They may not even need it if these characters had the sense to try what should already be available like the Mafuba. Shortsightedness has always been one of the biggest setbacks to our protagonists. To answer your question, I imagine so but it might only allow Goku a burst-like upsurge as Nickzambuto put it. At the most, Goku may be able to retain the energy long enough to inflict a combination attack similar to his Kaioken x20 assault on Freeza. It could be enough provided he plays his cards right and uses a powerful enough Kamehameha to obliterate Cell; ideally taking the artificial mutant off-guard via Instant Transmission or Taiyoken.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:34 pm

Had Goku tried it before he fought Cell for the first time then he'd easily dominate Cell in a brief hand-to-hand bout but wouldn't think of finishing off Cell so quickly, being generally unaware that Cell could regenerate like Piccolo. Goku's complacency in wanting a good fight with a temporarily uneven opponent might buy Cell enough time to outlast the power boost from the Z Senshi, its just a matter of how much Goku would consider Cell a threat without having fought him before.
Now if if was after he fought Cell then Goku may not waste time, taking advantage of his power up as well as knowing enough about Cell to realize just how high the stakes were. Gohan would opt to give his father his own energy rather than fight so Goku wouldn't screw around as to give Gohan a shot at fighting, Goku's initial plan would be thrown out in favor of saving the world. After a series of punches & kicks that sends Cell skywards, Goku launches a full power kamehameha at Cell and eraticates all traces of him thus the day would be saved without all the hijinx involving Gohan needing to unlock SSJ2.
How the events of the Majin Boo arc would turn out though is another story.....
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:17 pm

If we go by official multipliers, SSJ2 is twice stronger the SSJ power.
Goku already thought Gohan is stronger than him. If Goku could take ALL the extra power then i think he should be able to beat Cell.
nickzambuto wrote:I believe we only see transferring power twice in the main series, outside of Broli.
Goku SSJ4 also got extra power from Trunks, Gohan and Goten and trashed Syn Shenron, so energy transfer is pretty effective.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:23 pm

Theorically, yes. The sum of their powers should be above at least the power Cell showed vs Goku.

Technically, no. The fact Goku said Gohan was the only that who could fight Cell implies Cell vs Gohan was the endgame showdown.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:39 pm

If he could use all that power without problems then most definitely but I suspect giving Ki through this method is inefficient. Otherwise techniques like the Genki Dama would be used to power up and not to perform one attack. Of course this is just my theory.