Where Exactly Does DB Evolution Fit In The DB Continuity?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Where Exactly Does DB Evolution Fit In The DB Continuity?

Post by theherodjl » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:43 pm

Its not among any of the 12 main universes and it's also not in any of the 6 alternate timelines to U7 as far as I can tell, where exactly can we place DB Evolution at?? Is it in the same "alternate dimension" that Toriyama described for the movies & GT? Or has his passive-aggressive disapproval of DB Evolution in BOG interviews nixed this idea?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Re: Where Exactly Does DB Evolution Fit In The DB Continuity?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:58 pm

Dragon Ball: Evolution only exists within the minds of the absolutely insane people who had written it.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:59 pm

I like to imagine that Evolution was a daydream that Zeno had and decided to shove into the back of the multiverse.

I never took the whole Universes thing to mean "Oh that's how we can rationalize things like GT, it's another universe!", because each Universe is different enough to have completely different characters in it, whereas things like GT do keep specific characters and apply to the backstory of the original anime.

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:41 pm

One word: Nowhere!
Caulifla best girl! :)

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 4:51 pm

Probably in the mind of some freak stuck on a asylum.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:05 pm

theherodjl wrote:Is it in the same "alternate dimension" that Toriyama described for the movies & GT?
If they ever acknowledge the movie somehow, then this is the most logical position to give to the movie. It should take place in another dimension of Universe 7.

If Dragon Ball Evolution ever makes its way to Dragon Ball Heroes someday, somehow, I still don't think it would ever gives us a definitive answer to this issue, even though I would say it's the only place that could gives that answer (since it is also a Dimps game).
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:42 pm

Grimlock wrote:If they ever acknowledge the movie somehow, then this is the most logical position to give to the movie. It should take place in another dimension of Universe 7.

If Dragon Ball Evolution ever makes its way to Dragon Ball Heroes someday, somehow, I still don't think it would ever gives us a definitive answer to this issue, even though I would say it's the only place that could gives that answer (since it is also a Dimps game).
Its also interesting to me that Disney owns the rights to DB Evolution now and Akira Toriyama is a Disney fan, there just may be a silver lining to that if its not too far gone.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:06 pm

Grimlock wrote:
theherodjl wrote:Is it in the same "alternate dimension" that Toriyama described for the movies & GT?
If they ever acknowledge the movie somehow, then this is the most logical position to give to the movie. It should take place in another dimension of Universe 7.

Goku meets Ukog, and for the first time ever, Goku feels his natural Saiyan instinct of killing things, and obliterates Ukog.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:59 pm

Makes me wonder what'd happen if JustinGoku and NozawaGoku ever did a Fusion... o_O

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by nickzambuto » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:20 am

KBABZ wrote:Makes me wonder what'd happen if JustinGoku and NozawaGoku ever did a Fusion... o_O
Goku would become incredibly weak.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Tue Jan 16, 2018 5:39 am

nickzambuto wrote:
KBABZ wrote:Makes me wonder what'd happen if JustinGoku and NozawaGoku ever did a Fusion... o_O
Goku would become incredibly weak.
He'd be extremely hungry and so happy to see you!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:41 am

In the minds of the next generation from 10000 years later who are just making things up based on small pieces they've heared here and there about Goku's adventures.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheShadowEmperor8055
Regular

Post by TheShadowEmperor8055 » Tue Jan 16, 2018 11:09 pm

The replies here are hilarious. :lol: :lol: :lol: And nowhere, nowhere at all. :lol: :lol: Not even Toriyama himself wants anything to do with that. :lol:

Dorexx
Regular

Post by Dorexx » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:48 am

A parallel universe, depicting Goku's youth in a more or less (in this case more) different manner and circumstances, just like the first original DB movies, the 10th anniversary special, the old live action ones and some video game stories. Basically any retelling that deviates from the original version in obvious ways would be a bubble/alternate reality floating around each other in the grand infinite omniverse.

But even though DBE has just as much merit to exist I envision there's probably a section of godforsaken realities where it and a lot of cringe fanfiction reside.
酷签名

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:34 pm

In the aftermath of the Future Trunks Arc, several new timelines were created. One timeline was wiped outright.

From the nothingness of this erased timeline, a big bang occurred, one that occurred after Zeno left. From this, a new reality began. One that had some similarities to the original timeline. However, lingering traces of Zamasu remained, corrupting this new reality ever so slightly as his final vengeance against Son Goku before finally dissipating into nothingness.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:33 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:In the aftermath of the Future Trunks Arc, several new timelines were created. One timeline was wiped outright.

From the nothingness of this erased timeline, a big bang occurred, one that occurred after Zeno left. From this, a new reality began. One that had some similarities to the original timeline. However, lingering traces of Zamasu remained, corrupting this new reality ever so slightly as his final vengeance against Son Goku before finally dissipating into nothingness.
Son Goku became a typical teen male you would see in those generic films, with slightly messy hair, Bulma only having a strand of blue hair, and Krillin non-existent. After Ukog defeated "Piccolo", his future remained blank, and was forever frozen, mid-air, about to get his butt-kicked by his maybe love-interest, Ichich.

Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gligarman » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:23 pm

I tried watching DBE at a friend's house and my allergies started acting up and I had to go home. I'm gonna have to file that one under divine intervention.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 5:19 pm

Gligarman wrote:I tried watching DBE at a friend's house and my allergies started acting up and I had to go home. I'm gonna have to file that one under divine intervention.
That's for the best. I went into that travesty of a film expecting it to be bad, and STILL came away pissed at what they had done to the story, characters, and lore.