How did the Eastern Supreme Kai, Shin, know who Kid Boo was?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Perspective

How did the Eastern Supreme Kai, Shin, know who Kid Boo was?

Post by Perspective » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:50 pm

Shin had only ever seen Buff Boo and the Fat Boo when the Boo Saga took place. How did he know who Kid Boo was? I could assume that the Grand Supreme Kai told him about Kid Boo. However, when Buff Boo transformed into Kid Boo, Shin noted that he was changing back to normal. He seemed very familiar with who Kid Boo was, including his appearance. So should I also assume that the Grand Supreme Kai showed Shin a picture of Kid Boo?

Or did Shin actually see Kid Boo fight & absorb the Southern Supreme Kai and/or the other Kais?

Black Hawk
Regular

Re: How did the Eastern Supreme Kai, Shin, know who Kid Boo was?

Post by Black Hawk » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:13 pm

To my knowledge, when Boo initially attacked the Kaiōshin Realm of Universe Seven, it was Pure Boo (Kid Boo). It killed the western and northern Kaiōshin apprentices before absorbing the southern Kaiōshin apprentice, becoming the Broli-physique Boo, and the Kaiōshin of Universe Seven (Dai Kaiōshin), becoming the innocent and squishy Boo. I'd imagine Shin was present from the moment Boo arrived, as he noted that only he survived Boo's attack; if so, then Shin witnessed Pure Boo's initial appearance. With no Kaiōshin of Universe Seven remaining, Shin then had to step up and be promoted from eastern apprentice to Kaiōshin.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: How did the Eastern Supreme Kai, Shin, know who Kid Boo was?

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:46 am

Perspective wrote:Shin had only ever seen Buff Boo and the Fat Boo when the Boo Saga took place. How did he know who Kid Boo was? I could assume that the Grand Supreme Kai told him about Kid Boo. However, when Buff Boo transformed into Kid Boo, Shin noted that he was changing back to normal. He seemed very familiar with who Kid Boo was, including his appearance. So should I also assume that the Grand Supreme Kai showed Shin a picture of Kid Boo?

Or did Shin actually see Kid Boo fight & absorb the Southern Supreme Kai and/or the other Kais?
kid buu was his base form when he attacked the kais