What if Bulma had hit Trunks with the Blutz Wave Generator?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

What if Bulma had hit Trunks with the Blutz Wave Generator?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:55 pm

In the Shadow Dragon Saga of Dragon Ball GT, Super Saiyan 4 Goku and Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta were trying to use the Fusion Dance to become Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta, with Gohan, Trunks, and Goten helping the last two Saiyans alive in distracting Omega Shenron, but what if the Blutz Waves fired by Bulma had hit Trunks instead of being avoided by the Lord of Evil Dragons?

Scenario A) With Trunks permanently growing back his tail from the excessive amount of Blutz Waves his body had absorbed and becoming a Golden Great Ape before Omega Shenron could even react at all from having seen Trunks transform right before his eyes?

Scenario B) Or with Super Saiyan 4 Goku having used his Instant Transmission technique to get between the transforming Trunks and Omega Shenron, before using his Solar Flare only an inch from the Shadow Dragon of Absolute Destruction's face for maximum effect, and applying his Instant Transmission again towards moving Omega Shenron to Emperor Pilaf, in order to Instant Transmit back and have enough in terms of time to help Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta in calming Great Ape Trunks or Golden Great Ape Trunks to coach him into achieving Super Saiyan 4, just when Omega Shenron would return back to the battlefield?

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Re: What if Bulma had hit Trunks with the Blutz Wave Generator?

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:22 pm

Hitting Trunks would probably just make him turn into great ape although if she only fired it for a short time he wouldn't complete his transformation i guess.

Better question is what would happen to Omega if he was hit by it. He actually evaded it. But i guess he just didn't see it coming so he didn't know what is it. It would probably do nothing to him.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Tue Jan 16, 2018 1:21 am

Wasn't it said somewhere that Goten and Trunks were born without tails? Apparently that had something to do with them growing in power so fast in their early years just from play-fighting, vs. Gohan who only got much stronger when he got really angry and otherwise had to train a lot harder for his power increases.

If so, maybe nothing would happen at all. Trunks might not be physically capable of transforming as a result of Blutz Waves if he never had a tail in the first place.
Last edited by Pantalones on Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:41 am

He couldn't grow it 'back' because he never had one. Maybe there'd be some weird plot device power boost.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jan 16, 2018 6:38 am

He'd have to be strong enough to become a golden ape and even stronger to control it which as far as we know he was unable to do either.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Tue Jan 16, 2018 10:29 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote:In the Shadow Dragon Saga of Dragon Ball GT, Super Saiyan 4 Goku and Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta were trying to use the Fusion Dance to become Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta, with Gohan, Trunks, and Goten helping the last two Saiyans alive in distracting Omega Shenron, but what if the Blutz Waves fired by Bulma had hit Trunks instead of being avoided by the Lord of Evil Dragons?

Scenario A) With Trunks permanently growing back his tail from the excessive amount of Blutz Waves his body had absorbed and becoming a Golden Great Ape before Omega Shenron could even react at all from having seen Trunks transform right before his eyes?

Scenario B) Or with Super Saiyan 4 Goku having used his Instant Transmission technique to get between the transforming Trunks and Omega Shenron, before using his Solar Flare only an inch from the Shadow Dragon of Absolute Destruction's face for maximum effect, and applying his Instant Transmission again towards moving Omega Shenron to Emperor Pilaf, in order to Instant Transmit back and have enough in terms of time to help Super Saiyan 4 Vegeta in calming Great Ape Trunks or Golden Great Ape Trunks to coach him into achieving Super Saiyan 4, just when Omega Shenron would return back to the battlefield?
The first thing we know is that the capability for ape transformation is produced from glands within the tail itself. Trunks has never had a tail so at a biological level his body may be unable to produce the hormones which would reside in the gland and thus be completely unable to transform at all. It would also explain why the only known SSJ4 transformations are of characters who were born with tails. DB Heroes has SSJ4 Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Broly, and I believe Bardock. Thus far there have been no variants of Oozaru forms of Trunks or Goten in any official media which I can think of.