It took a long time to see Gine, odds of seeing Vegeta's mom?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

mahakaishin1991
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

It took a long time to see Gine, odds of seeing Vegeta's mom?

Post by mahakaishin1991 » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:23 am

I was thinking about this recently, vegeta's mother is still unshown even though the royal family should be relatively easy to track given they seem to stick together.

I wonder if we'll ever get word of her from Toriyama...

also, Bardock apparently having siblings makes me wonder just how being Goku's extended family is

Big Black Sayian
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: It took a long time to see Gine, odds of seeing Vegeta's mom?

Post by Big Black Sayian » Sat Jan 20, 2018 12:22 pm

My guess: Whenever Toriyama feels like it. :p

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:16 pm

Though Vegeta prides himself in being the prince of the Saiyajin race, he doesn't seem to have any sort of regard for them at all, barring his low opinions of Raditz and Nappa. Given his relative disinterest in the Saiyajin race of the past, I doubt we'll ever see any of Vegeta's backstory beyond the flashback of Beerus visiting Planet Vegeta. In a way, it's sort of ironic, given that Gokū thinks of his family in the same way as his companions, whereas Vegeta actually feels and values familial bonds with Bulma, Trunks, and Bura.

Of course, Toriyama could offhandedly say "Vegeta's mother was the Saiyajin queen and her name was Bhurab/Bhurarb, a pun on rhubarb." in an interview.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

nickzambuto

Post by nickzambuto » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:16 pm

Black Hawk wrote:Though Vegeta prides himself in being the prince of the Saiyajin race, he doesn't seem to have any sort of regard for them at all, barring his low opinions of Raditz and Nappa. Given his relative disinterest in the Saiyajin race of the past, I doubt we'll ever see any of Vegeta's backstory beyond the flashback of Beerus visiting Planet Vegeta. In a way, it's sort of ironic, given that Gokū thinks of his family in the same way as his companions, whereas Vegeta actually feels and values familial bonds with Bulma, Trunks, and Bura.

Of course, Toriyama could offhandedly say "Vegeta's mother was the Saiyajin queen and her name was Bhurab/Bhurarb, a pun on rhubarb." in an interview.
This sounds like something realistic enough to pass on as a rumor, and then one day Kanzenshuu will have an article or wiki page debunking it.

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Sat Jan 20, 2018 9:22 pm

nickzambuto wrote:This sounds like something realistic enough to pass on as a rumor, and then one day Kanzenshuu will have an article or wiki page debunking it.
Let's hope that clickbaiters never find this. :lol:

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sun Jan 21, 2018 6:53 pm

Black Hawk wrote:
nickzambuto wrote:This sounds like something realistic enough to pass on as a rumor, and then one day Kanzenshuu will have an article or wiki page debunking it.
Let's hope that clickbaiters never find this. :lol:
Let's keep it our secret!! There will people who actually believe it to be true!
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:13 pm

majinwarman wrote:Let's keep it our secret!! There will people who actually believe it to be true!

Jokes aside, I can see Toriyama revealing the name of Vegeta's mother and perhaps what she was like, but I really can't see her ever making any sort of appearance in any capacity; she doesn't seem to matter to him any more than his father did (which wasn't much) and Vegeta's moved on to have his own family. Heck, he doesn't even think about his little brother at all.

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:54 am

Black Hawk wrote:
majinwarman wrote:Let's keep it our secret!! There will people who actually believe it to be true!

Jokes aside, I can see Toriyama revealing the name of Vegeta's mother and perhaps what she was like, but I really can't see her ever making any sort of appearance in any capacity; she doesn't seem to matter to him any more than his father did (which wasn't much) and Vegeta's moved on to have his own family. Heck, he doesn't even think about his little brother at all.
That's true. Vegeta never really cared about his father or mother. He was even willing to not tell people about his brother as well. It would have been cool to see Tarble in Super though.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:54 am

majinwarman wrote:That's true. Vegeta never really cared about his father or mother. He was even willing to not tell people about his brother as well. It would have been cool to see Tarble in Super though.
Since Tarble is the only surviving member of Vegeta's original family (as well as the Saiyajin race, outside Earth), I really hope that he'll show up again at some point in the future. He gave Vegeta a human element that I really liked; ironic, isn't it?

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:50 am

It took 10-15 years for the bardock special. It took 20-25 years to reveal who goku's mum is. Either we'll have to wait 10-20 more years for an answer on that. Hell, I bet toriyama will say that vegeta was born through a test tube.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Jan 22, 2018 6:58 am

You have to ask yourself this question before answering that one... will revealing who Vegeta's mother is have any impact on the story? If the answer is "no" then... yeah, we're not going to be seeing Vegeta's mother anytime soon. Unless Toriyama feels obliged to include some kind of appearance of her in the movie this year.