Your favourite fighting style.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Your favourite fighting style.

Post by Grimlock » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:07 am

My favorite fighting style are the ones that appear to be a dance or something and when they react to situations. Stuff like these put a smile on my face.

Image Image
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:10 pm

I've always felt Yamcha's fighting style basically sums him up as a character; looks great, sounds great, but not particularly effective. All style and little substances. Is there anything more aesthetically pleasing than watching him unleash the power of the Wolf Fang Fist!?

Also Tien, he has a great set of techniques and always looks really cool performing them, even when he has only got one arm.
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:34 pm

I like keeping it as simple as possible. I like basic, fundamental approaches that can be adapted to suit any situation. Gimmick based techniques can, and should, be learned, but only to surprise your opponent or keep them honest—not as the basis for your style. Gimmick meaning they only work if your opponent doesn't know what you're doing, or they do know but mess up the counter. They're simply less skillful, and I'm interested in skill.

That means my favorite is Goku.

Saiyan_Prince

Post by Saiyan_Prince » Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:02 pm

I really liked Bardock's fighting style, how he uses his opponents movements to his advantage, like when he fights Frieza's elite at the end of the TV special. I also really liked how his style looked when he was fighting Chilled in the Episode of Bardock.
My motivation was very different than Kakarott's. My motivation was to be the best. To be the greatest Saiyan alive, as I always have been

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:46 pm

Tsuru school no question. Tenshinhan and Chaozu are some ballin' boys. Chaozu's use of telekinesis and paralysis really give you that mystical vibe that Dragon Ball was all about back and in the day (yeah, yeah, I know it's not 100% gone). Tenshinhan having the ability to grow arms out of his back, blind opponents, and use attacks that have a negative effect on him are very unique. Also the fact that they were the first two people we saw flying was cool. Gotta love the 22nd budokai.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Wed Apr 11, 2018 2:47 pm

Hmm, well I like fighting styles that work rather than being flashy. In real life, I've learned mixed martial arts which is a mix of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (grappling) and Muay Thai (Kickboxing). In the DB world, there's barely any grappling. Grappling doesn't look very cool so obviously you won't see it compared to punching and kicking. The most you'll have is a struggle of a headlock but just holding your opponent doesn't make that opponent submit. There's been many situations where Goku got put into a hold that he couldn't get out of but really the opponent wasn't doing anything but holding him. I love Hit's style of using boxing. His stance is appropriate and he aims at vital points. I also like Whis who aims at pressure points. The original DB had a lot of martial arts, but as it is now, it's more about who has the higher power level - basic punches and kicks. Goku was a technical fighter once, but now he fights primarily on instinct (regular one) and he's also creative and adapts to the opponent's style.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:19 am

Roga FuFu Ken!!!

fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:49 pm

shadowfox87 wrote:Hmm, well I like fighting styles that work rather than being flashy. In real life, I've learned mixed martial arts which is a mix of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu (grappling) and Muay Thai (Kickboxing). In the DB world, there's barely any grappling. Grappling doesn't look very cool so obviously you won't see it compared to punching and kicking. The most you'll have is a struggle of a headlock but just holding your opponent doesn't make that opponent submit. There's been many situations where Goku got put into a hold that he couldn't get out of but really the opponent wasn't doing anything but holding him. I love Hit's style of using boxing. His stance is appropriate and he aims at vital points. I also like Whis who aims at pressure points. The original DB had a lot of martial arts, but as it is now, it's more about who has the higher power level - basic punches and kicks. Goku was a technical fighter once, but now he fights primarily on instinct (regular one) and he's also creative and adapts to the opponent's style.
I loved Beerus throwing Gohan after the latter gets him in that kinda-sorta not really full nelson.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:01 pm

Now that I think about it, I also adore Goku Black's aggressive 'in your face' fighting style. His clever use of his Ki blade was quite fascinating and entertaining to watch too (and Fused Zamasu retained Black's swordsmanship). Black also created several beautiful techniques from his Ki blade. This was my absolute favourite, it's called 'Divine Lasso':