Would A Potara Fusion Of Two Timeline's Daishinkan Survive Zeno's Erasure Of All 12 Universes?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Would A Potara Fusion Of Two Timeline's Daishinkan Survive Zeno's Erasure Of All 12 Universes?

Post by theherodjl » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:25 pm

Or does Zeno really possess the ability to destroy anything he rules over, no matter whatever method they might use to boost their power?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Re: Would A Potara Fusion Of Two Timeline's Daishinkan Survive Zeno's Erasure Of All 12 Universes?

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:18 am

An ethereal being who merged with the very fabric of the Universe and transcended time and space couldn't withstand Zen-Oh's 'Erase' technique. Zen-Oh is omnipotent, it doesn't matter whoever he's up against, he will always prevail. And there is nothing to suggest that the Grand Priest is above Zen-Oh, like some fan-theories would have you believe.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: Would A Potara Fusion Of Two Timeline's Daishinkan Survive Zeno's Erasure Of All 12 Universes?

Post by theherodjl » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:46 am

SupremeKai25 wrote:An ethereal being who merged with the very fabric of the Universe and transcended time and space couldn't withstand Zen-Oh's 'Erase' technique. Zen-Oh is omnipotent, it doesn't matter whoever he's up against, he will always prevail. And there is nothing to suggest that the Grand Priest is above Zen-Oh, like some fan-theories would have you believe.
Zeno is not omnipotent as he has shown limitations in; his ability to observe fighters who are far beneath him, he can't escape a void without someone aiding him, his erasure can be undone with the Super DBs, he isn't omniscient or omnipresent(which usually accompany true omnipotents in other mediums), he can't actually fight, and his only feats besides the power to destroy several universes is to conjure up small objects and fly.
He's basically just a walking, talking Ultimate Nullifier. He serves little function besides pressuring the universes to be good or else he'll destroy them.

I'd argue that a Daishinkan fusion is more powerful than Merged Zamasu spreading his consciousness around time & space, Goku & Vegeta thought they could take on Zamasu's ascended form if they had Senzu and Daishinkan is above even Goku & Vegeta's fusion. Daishinkan fusing with another timeline's version of himself would surely surpass Zamasu's abstract form in raw power.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:43 pm

He could only survive if he could jump between timelines.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:00 pm

lol the heck is going on in this thread, Daishinkan alone is stronger than Sky Zamasu, no need for fusion with another himself.

Not that I think Future Daishinkan ever exited to begin with. Until said otherwise, he's above time.

Venus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Venus » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:48 pm

Something tells me that Daishinkan might be more powerful than Zeno, or that he at least has no reasons to be scared about Zeno, unlike the Gods, or some Angels, I have not seen a single scene of Daishinkan losing his shit when Zeno says something like "Disappear", he might be above Zeno all this time but is unable to do what Zeno can do: Erase any universe with the blink of a hand.

On the other side... He might still be able to get erased by Zeno, therefore a fusion of two Daishinkans would not be able to escape that, Zamasu literally became the universe and well... things didn't end well for him.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:49 am

Or does Zeno really possess the ability to destroy anything he rules over, no matter whatever method they might use to boost their power?
That is what is shown in the canon material. He can erase -entire universes-, -trillions upon trillions of lives-, in the blink of an eye.
Goku & Vegeta thought they could take on Zamasu's ascended form if they had Senzu
Goku and Vegeta also thought that killing Present Zamasu would automatically erase Goku Black from existence, or that Zamasu was a good guy. Clearly, they are not omniscient and can indeed be wrong.
lol the heck is going on in this thread, Daishinkan alone is stronger than Sky Zamasu, no need for fusion with another himself.
Debatable.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:34 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:That is what is shown in the canon material. He can erase -entire universes-, -trillions upon trillions of lives-, in the blink of an eye.

Goku and Vegeta also thought that killing Present Zamasu would automatically erase Goku Black from existence, or that Zamasu was a good guy. Clearly, they are not omniscient and can indeed be wrong.
That still doesn't make him omnipotent. There are various characters across fiction that can erase two, three, twelve, millions, or billions of universes either through sheer cosmic power or physically crushing them between their own hands, all without being omnipotent. Zeno is nothing new to the "trillions will die!" thing, guys like Beyonder, Primal Monitor, Master Mogul, and Yog Sothoth can end quadrillions of lives.

Goku & Vegeta didn't necessarily think that about Zamasu, it was Beerus who insisted that killing one Zamasu would kill others. This does nothing to prove the alleged omnipotence of Zeno.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:46 pm

That still doesn't make him omnipotent. There are various characters across fiction that can erase two, three, twelve, millions, or billions of universes either through sheer cosmic power or physically crushing them between their own hands, all without being omnipotent. Zeno is nothing new to the "trillions will die!" thing, guys like Beyonder, Primal Monitor, Master Mogul, and Yog Sothoth can end quadrillions of lives.
Name another Dragon Ball character who can erase entire universes and end trillions of lives in the blink of an eye.
Goku & Vegeta didn't necessarily think that about Zamasu, it was Beerus who insisted that killing one Zamasu would kill others
Ok. Goku still thought Zamasu was a good guy when they first met. The fact Goku, who is known to be quite optimistic and naive, thought that eating a Senzu bean would be enough to face Infinite Zamasu, does not mean he was right.

But anyway, if we wish to take characters' statement as an absolute, very well. According to Whis, nobody in existence is greater than Zeno, as the King of All has the power to instantly wipe out anything (or everything) in the blink of an eye without any effort, including individual people, planets, galaxies, and even universes. If he so wished, he could erase all existence (like Future Zeno actually did to get rid of Infinite Zamasu).

Regardless, Zeno was able to erase an actual being who had been granted immortality by the Super Dragon Balls. Beerus himself stated in the manga that not even a God of Destruction could eliminate an immortal being. But Zeno can. And he eliminated with ease one who had been made immortal by the supreme Super Dragon Balls. So, yes, to answer your question, he can destroy anything and everything he rules over, and there is no mention in the canon material of a way to somehow counter his unstoppable 'Erasure' technique.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Jan 23, 2018 5:58 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:and there is no mention in the canon material of a way to somehow counter his unstoppable 'Erasure' technique.
Sure there is. Escape to another timeline.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:05 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
SupremeKai25 wrote:and there is no mention in the canon material of a way to somehow counter his unstoppable 'Erasure' technique.
Sure there is. Escape to another timeline.
Obviously. But then this discussion would be pointless. Since every being can counter Erase by escaping to another timeline, it's not something unique to a 'Merged' Grand Priest.

And if this supposed 'Merged' Grand Priest couldn't escape to another timeline? What would happen then? Am I supposed to believe that he could tank the Erase technique of Zeno? Even though the anime and the manga make it clear that Zeno can erase -EVERYTHING- in the blink of an eye?

Smilodon
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Smilodon » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:26 pm

At this point we can't be sure about anything talking about the angels....
It's possible that future Daishinkan is alive with all others angels.
Daishinkan never showed any fear of Zen'o power... Even the guards were afraid, but him? Never.
Vados Sama!

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:35 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:Name another Dragon Ball character who can erase entire universes and end trillions of lives in the blink of an eye.

Ok. Goku still thought Zamasu was a good guy when they first met. The fact Goku, who is known to be quite optimistic and naive, thought that eating a Senzu bean would be enough to face Infinite Zamasu, does not mean he was right.

But anyway, if we wish to take characters' statement as an absolute, very well. According to Whis, nobody in existence is greater than Zeno, as the King of All has the power to instantly wipe out anything (or everything) in the blink of an eye without any effort, including individual people, planets, galaxies, and even universes. If he so wished, he could erase all existence (like Future Zeno actually did to get rid of Infinite Zamasu).

Regardless, Zeno was able to erase an actual being who had been granted immortality by the Super Dragon Balls. Beerus himself stated in the manga that not even a God of Destruction could eliminate an immortal being. But Zeno can. And he eliminated with ease one who had been made immortal by the supreme Super Dragon Balls. So, yes, to answer your question, he can destroy anything and everything he rules over, and there is no mention in the canon material of a way to somehow counter his unstoppable 'Erasure' technique.
If the guides from years ago still hold up, Toribot AKA Akira Toriyama's in-comic avatar. He is described as being the undisputed king of the Dragon World, likely the only candidate of being the TOAA of DB. If he wants to get rid of universes then he totally can, you could say he eliminated DB Evolution's timeline by rejecting it as being too much of a deviation from his work.

I think there's some kind of confusion here, are you arguing that Zeno is omnipotent or just the (second)most powerful being in DB? If its the former then I've already listed off several limitations of his in an earlier post, having only three powers with one of them(erasure) being the only offensive ability of his. That is not omnipotence but being a grand destructor, a being with the ability of an Ultimate Nullifier within them.
Obviously, Daishinkan was erased in the Future Trunks timeline so a single Daishinkan's durability is not being called into question, I'm talking about a Daishinkan fusion that would not only power up the character but also improve whatever abilities they might have. As stated before, the Super DBs can actually undo Zeno's erasure (since Vegeta does intend to revive U6 from oblivion) and proves that Zeno's power is not truly absolute so I'm willing to make the conclusion that a much superior Daishinkan may be able to survive initial erasure, maybe not Zeno consistently trying to erase him.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:42 pm

theherodjl wrote:As stated before, the Super DBs can actually undo Zeno's erasure (since Vegeta does intend to revive U6 from oblivion)
We don't actually know that though. Vegeta just thinks he can use the wish for that, but it might turn out that it's not possible.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:49 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
theherodjl wrote:As stated before, the Super DBs can actually undo Zeno's erasure (since Vegeta does intend to revive U6 from oblivion)
We don't actually know that though. Vegeta just thinks he can use the wish for that, but it might turn out that it's not possible.
Well if that's the case then Toriyama & Toei lied when they said the Super DBs can grant any wish, it'd be a pretty lame(but believable) retcon.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:26 pm

theherodjl wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Well if that's the case then Toriyama & Toei lied when they said the Super DBs can grant any wish, it'd be a pretty lame(but believable) retcon.
Well it would be logically impossible to grant absolutely any wish, since you could wish for paradoxes like 'I wish that you won't grant this wish'.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:21 am

As stated before, the Super DBs can actually undo Zeno's erasure (since Vegeta does intend to revive U6 from oblivion) and proves that Zeno's power is not truly absolute
Debatable, since Zeno was able to erase a being who was granted immortality by the Super Dragon Balls. So Zeno's power might be creater than the Super Dragon Balls. Actually, no, allow me to correct my statement: Zeno's power is greater than the Super Dragon Balls.

And, yeah, Vegeta said he intends to revive Universe 6 with the Super Dragon Balls, let's see if that will actually happen if he does win. Vegeta's vague statement and ardent desire is not a valid proof that clearly shows the Super Dragon Balls can undo Zeno's work.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:36 am

SupremeKai25 wrote:Debatable, since Zeno was able to erase a being who was granted immortality by the Super Dragon Balls. So Zeno's power might be creater than the Super Dragon Balls. Actually, no, allow me to correct my statement: Zeno's power is greater than the Super Dragon Balls.

And, yeah, Vegeta said he intends to revive Universe 6 with the Super Dragon Balls, let's see if that will actually happen if he does win. Vegeta's vague statement and ardent desire is not a valid proof that clearly shows the Super Dragon Balls can undo Zeno's work.
Zeno erased a being who merely wished for immortality or immunity from death, not immunity from erasure. Given that the Super DB's limit still has yet to be confirmed then there's little reason to believe that they're entirely beneath Zeno's power, that could change in the future though. Only time will tell if Toriyama & Toei decide to go back on their word that the Super DBs are capable of granting any wish.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:34 am

Zeno erased a being who merely wished for immortality or immunity from death, not immunity from erasure
Could you show a clear source that states that? Was such a thing outright stated in the anime or the manga? Truly, if that were the case, i am quite fascinated! I thought, in my insolence, that i knew everything about Zamasu, but it seems i still have much to learn.

Although i am quite confused by the implications of this then. In the manga, Beerus states Hakai won't work on Future Zamasu because he is immortal. Despite its name, 'Destruction', Hakai is actually quite similiar to Zeno's 'Erase' technique; because it doesn't just disintegrate the physical body, but effectively erases the soul from existence. Beings destroyed by the Hakai technique won't go to the Otherworld, they will simply cease to exist. As you can see, they are effectively erased from existence. Yet Beerus stated the Hakai won't work on Future Zamasu? Even though, supposedly, he wished immortality only from destruction, not from erasure?
Given that the Super DB's limit still has yet to be confirmed then there's little reason to believe that they're entirely beneath Zeno's power,
The Super Dragon Balls were shattered by Black and Zamasu. Zeno's power reversed the effects of the Super Dragon Balls. We can speculate that the creator of the Super Dragon Balls, the Dragon-God Zalama, might be the true apex of power in the world of Gods (although that's just a fan-theory, mind you, Zalama is barely mentioned in Super); but there is nothing in the canon material that leads me to believe the Super Dragon Balls are so powerful, so resistant, and so divine that are even above Zeno's possibilities. Heck, if the Super Dragon Balls were so ominous and mighty as you depict them, then they wouldn't even need a cooldown of one year between each wish, they could just grant wishes constantly.
Last edited by SupremeKai25 on Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:41 am

theherodjl wrote: Zeno erased a being who merely wished for immortality or immunity from death, not immunity from erasure.
And considering you ARE dead the moment you cease to exist that is nonsense. You don't live anymore, your biological life and your psychological life is over.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"