If Future Trunks had been able to transform before attacking in the first place, could he have beaten Imperfect Cell?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

If Future Trunks had been able to transform before attacking in the first place, could he have beaten Imperfect Cell?

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:08 am

In other words, would the Cell Saga have never taken place, if Future Trunks from Imperfect Cell's Timeline had been able to defend himself if he had transformed into a Super Saiyan?

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: If Future Trunks had been able to transform before attacking in the first place, could he have beaten Imperfect Cell

Post by theherodjl » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:20 pm

Are you talking about the anime's depiction of the other Future Trunks who charged Imperfect Cell? If so then I doubt it. Even before absorbing much of Earth's populace, Imperfect Cell was stronger than Freeza to be able to withstand battling Kamiccolo(who is as strong or possibly a sliver stronger than Android 17). Gohan also states that SSJ Trunks is around the same power as SSJ Goku was on Namek, only half of Kamiccolo or Android 17's power at best.
IIRC, the manga doesn't actually depict the fight between Imperfect Cell and the other Future Trunks, leaving it to Cell to briefly mention that he defeated Trunks without clarification if Trunks was in base or SSJ. It would probably be the same result with the anime though.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think: