How strong is Tapion?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SonofthePrince

How strong is Tapion?

Post by SonofthePrince » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:50 pm

I can’t be the only one who’s wondered how strong Tapion is, right? He’s clearly a very impressive and skilled swordsmen, but what’s his battle power? It doesn’t seem like he has much to go off of, considering his Brave Sword does most of the work. All I can think is that he’s probably stronger than Frieza but that’s it. Nothing specific comes to mind

Kaboom

Re: How strong is Tapion?

Post by Kaboom » Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:27 am

Yeah, Tapion's strength is almost entirely a mystery. His short bios in Daizenshuu #7's character dictionary and #6's guide for Movie 13 don't really say anything in that regard, and the most we get in the movie itself is Goku making a "that's an awesome ki" comment when Tapion is first released from the music box. But when you examine the scene and think about it, that could easily have been Hirudegarn's power he was sensing instead.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Cypher
Beyond Newbie

Post by Cypher » Wed Feb 07, 2018 7:48 pm

Aren't there a couple of scenes where Trunks has to jump in and block something from hitting Tapion/ carry him away, etc? If I recall correctly, that could suggest he's not even as outright 'strong' as Trunks is, so nothing that special compared to people like Goku, Vegeta, et al.

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:08 am

Tapion is a bard.

He's as strong as the rhythm allows him to be.

Berserker1921
Advanced Regular

Post by Berserker1921 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:02 pm

He is probably around ultra super Saiyan Trunks- full power Perfect cell. Nothing special at the time of the movie. Since the villain there was above Ultimate gohan level.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:19 pm

I guess he is not really stronger than Radditz? Tapion is not a warrior. The Konatsians seemed more to be the magical fighters with the whole calming flute and sealing spell stuff.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:40 pm

Xenoverse 2 just had him fight Jiren of all people, LOL.

Looks like Tapion... is GoD tier :lol:

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:03 pm

Since Tapion is modeled after Supreme Kai, and came out during the Buu arc, I imagine he may be of similar strength to Shin.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:13 pm

Xeogran wrote:Xenoverse 2 just had him fight Jiren of all people, LOL.

Looks like Tapion... is GoD tier :lol:
People been moaning about this on reddit all day.

We had Mr Satan fucking up tired cell games Goku, videl fighting buuhan, all kinds of shit.

It's not a plot hole, it's a plot point. Fu chooses people who have the motivation to get involved.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

TheZFighter
Regular

Post by TheZFighter » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:12 pm

Yes something many will have considered at some point. I cannot recall a single indication as to how strong or skilled this guy may be...
Z-Fighters fan.

Goku, Yamcha, Krillin, Tien, Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, Gohan, Piccolo, Vegeta, Future Trunks, Android 18, Goten, Trunks and Majin Buu.

Sonofman
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sonofman » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:13 am

He's probably and roughly a little bit lower than when Goku first turned into a SS. imo
"We have this hope as an anchor for our soul" - Hebrews 6:19

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:56 am

Cypher wrote:Aren't there a couple of scenes where Trunks has to jump in and block something from hitting Tapion/ carry him away, etc? If I recall correctly, that could suggest he's not even as outright 'strong' as Trunks is, so nothing that special compared to people like Goku, Vegeta, et al.
People jump in and protect others from getting attacked all the time, its regardless of strength. Since Tapion was stated to be relative to the guy that beat Hirudegarn the first time, I guess Mystic Gohan level?

SonofthePrince

Post by SonofthePrince » Sun May 27, 2018 9:51 am

Cypher wrote:Aren't there a couple of scenes where Trunks has to jump in and block something from hitting Tapion/ carry him away, etc? If I recall correctly, that could suggest he's not even as outright 'strong' as Trunks is, so nothing that special compared to people like Goku, Vegeta, et al.
I don't remember any scene like that, and I've watched that movie several times before.
precita wrote:Since Tapion is modeled after Supreme Kai, and came out during the Buu arc, I imagine he may be of similar strength to Shin.
Maybe, but I can't help but think that's a downplay
Cetra wrote:I guess he is not really stronger than Radditz? Tapion is not a warrior. The Konatsians seemed more to be the magical fighters with the whole calming flute and sealing spell stuff.
Oh come on, he can't be that weak