Would Cell Exist Had Goku Never Been Sent To Earth?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Would Cell Exist Had Goku Never Been Sent To Earth?

Post by theherodjl » Tue Feb 06, 2018 4:58 am

Imagine that Bardock never sent his son off of Planet Vegeta or at the very least didn't send him on a trajectory that lead to Earth thus Gero never met Son Goku, how would this impact Cell's creation? Would he have still been created by Gero as an ambitious project for world domination or would there not have been enough reason to concoct him since the available fighters to extract suitable Cells from(Goku, Vegeta, Freeza, and Cold) would not have been on Earth? If its the former then would Cell have been more akin to Android 13?
Thoughts?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Re: Would Cell Exist Had Goku Never Been Sent To Earth?

Post by mute_proxy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:25 am

Ofcourse not. Goku was the reason behind the whole project wasn't he? Without him, there'd be little to no threats, and most of the fighters would've probably never reached the level they did if not for Goku serving as an example

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:37 am

The Androids wouldn’t exist let alone Cell.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:57 am

Someone would have eventually intervened to thwart the Red Ribbon Army before they grew too powerful -- be that Gohan or Roshi himself. When you have an organisation aspiring to lay their authoritarian clutches upon every inch of soil on the planet, you're bound to come into conflict with some opposing individual or group. The question becomes one of when and how long this reaction will occur. It may take a few more years, but eventually it's going to spill over into even the most remote areas of the world; not to mention both hermits happen to be in possession of a Dragon Ball each (not counting Ox-King).

Could Cell have still been conceived as a means for obtaining vengeance and conquering the planet? Possibly. It would take a good number of variables to facilitate his gestation and he probably wouldn't be anywhere near as powerful as he actually was. Instead of using Saiyan and Namekian genetic material, the most Gero would have to use is human DNA from the world's strongest fighters. If somehow the RRA came into contact with Baba's fighters then maybe he could receive some of Dracula Man, Mummy-Kun or Akkuman's DNA. Imagine that -- a Cell who is one part human and the other part vampire/undead/devil. I can't say that it wouldn't be interesting to see how he turns out.

As said previously, a number of variables have to be taken into account. Gero would have to somehow get away and seclude himself in the mountains before he could begin his project -- with Roshi or Gohan he might survive, but Ox-King would kill him. I doubt the man would be out in a military field of operations to begin with. Red Ribbon's main base would have to be assaulted and conquered before Gero is displaced and forced to go underground.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:29 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:The Androids wouldn’t exist let alone Cell.
Gero had made at least 8 androids by the time Goku started taking on the Red Ribbon Army. While the project probably wouldn't have proceeded exactly as it did in the story, I don't see him stopping, even without Goku.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:50 pm

Kamiccolo9 wrote:
Dbzfan94 wrote:The Androids wouldn’t exist let alone Cell.
Gero had made at least 8 androids by the time Goku started taking on the Red Ribbon Army. While the project probably wouldn't have proceeded exactly as it did in the story, I don't see him stopping, even without Goku.
Counting movies, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 and 18 were all made explicitly to kill Goku. If the RRA was never taken down, he'd have no reason to.

AloversGaming
Beyond Newbie

Post by AloversGaming » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:47 am

A Cell like creature seems like it would be the next logical step in Gero's work regardless of whether or not Goku arrived on Earth. Robots > artificial Humans > Bio-Android.

It's possible that Dr. Gero and the RRA would have created a being powerful enough to kill King Piccolo once he was released and regained his youth, so they can control the world themselves. King Piccolo would have no reason to attack first, and he wouldn't be able to sense the machines, so the RRA would have a lot of time to secretly create what was needed. They'd probably take King Piccolo's cells and data the same way they did Goku's.

lancerman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by lancerman » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:39 pm

It depends. I have no idea how the Red Ribbon Army scenario plays out. As someone said, either Roshi or Gohan would take them on and the deciding battle would be which amongst them could defeat Tao. Assuming one of them can and assuming Gero lives, I don't think the Androids or Cell would be as strong. Roshi and Gohan would go back to pretty pedestrian lives until Piccolo showed up and they both probably lose to Piccolo. He runs the world. So even if Gero wants revenge on them... they'd probably die.

Meaning King Piccolo would be the only target who Gero could conceivably base his logarithms for designing the Androids off of, and there really wouldn't be too many significant fights to base it off of. Once Gohan/Roshi/Tenshinhan go down, that's all she wrote for Piccolo having serious battles. Even if Cell was an idea..... Cell would never have Saiyan or Freeza cells. That limits him a lot.

Also keep in mind, it's highly likely if Piccolo takes over that Kami just ends his life to end the threat. So there might not even be a need for Gero to have any revenge against anybody. If anything, he'd probably just be better off restarting the Red Ribbon Army

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:46 pm

Well, look at it this way:
Would Bulma team up with Oolong, Puar, and Yamcha to begin with? I imagine terrible things happening to Bulma because Goku was not there to begin with to save her.
Would Pilaf get his wish?
Would the Red Ribbon Ribbon Army gather the Dragon Balls before Pilaf does?
Would Pilaf find King Piccolo's Rice Cooker as a response to Red Ribbon dominance instead of constant defeats by Goku?
Would King Piccolo's plan succeed as no one was powerful enough to stop him?

All this is pointless if for some reason the Freeza Force shows up (with or without the Saiyans) and one-shots everyone.
Then there is Babidi looking for Buu...
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:54 am

Cell time traveled from a time line where Goku did get sent to Earth.

So even if Goku didn't get sent to Earth in the main time line, Cell could still exist in that main time line due to time travel.