Who hates Goku the most?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Who hates Goku the most?

Post by OLKv3 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:59 pm

dbgtFO wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:Zamasu didn't hate Goku any differently than he hated all mortals.
Really? He seems to have a particular hate for Goku, because he dared to challenge gods and what not.
Goku's just the shining example of why he sees all mortals as evil. He didn't have a burning hate for him that's different from his hate on any other mortals. Black is proof of this. He doesn't try to torture Goku or anything, he immediately kills him after stealing his body, and then treats fighting the other Goku as nothing more than a tool to increase his power. The only reason he even tells our Goku that he killed his family is so Goku can snap and inflict more damage on Black, which increases his power
Black doesn't treat Goku any worse than he treats Trunks

Compare this to Freeza, who can't help himself because of his hatred for Goku, and constantly makes stupid mistakes because of it. Or Gero, who dedicated his life to killing Goku.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:20 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:Zamasu didn't hate Goku any differently than he hated all mortals.
Really? He seems to have a particular hate for Goku, because he dared to challenge gods and what not.
Goku's just the shining example of why he sees all mortals as evil. He didn't have a burning hate for him that's different from his hate on any other mortals. Black is proof of this. He doesn't try to torture Goku or anything, he immediately kills him after stealing his body, and then treats fighting the other Goku as nothing more than a tool to increase his power. The only reason he even tells our Goku that he killed his family is so Goku can snap and inflict more damage on Black, which increases his power
Black doesn't treat Goku any worse than he treats Trunks

Compare this to Freeza, who can't help himself because of his hatred for Goku, and constantly makes stupid mistakes because of it. Or Gero, who dedicated his life to killing Goku.
Eh, I don't have a counter-argument to that, though I did get the impression he had particular hate for Goku, especially with Merged Zamasu's ramblings at the end there, but I gotta take a better look at it then.

Hyena_Yamcha
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hyena_Yamcha » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:08 pm

Vegeta fanboys lol.

But in all seriousness i think Zamasu hate him the most.
My English is poor .

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:00 am

People who hate or don't care for Dragon Ball.

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:00 am

Goku hates himself more then anyone.

He willingly self sacrifices himself at least twice, and opts to remain deceased.

He views himself as the reason of death and destruction to Earth, and just wants to stay dead.

He believes himself to be the problem, and not the villains themselves.

ShadowBardock89
Advanced Regular

Post by ShadowBardock89 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:09 am

A three way tie between Freeza, Dr. Gero, and Broly. Vegeta was in that tier, but not anymore.
http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=40715&start=20#p1439892
http://dba.bn-ent.net/character/barduck.html
https://i.imgur.com/86hOk5i.gif

TheUltimateVegito
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:00 pm

Ozotto wrote:Goku hates himself more then anyone.

He willingly self sacrifices himself at least twice, and opts to remain deceased.

He views himself as the reason of death and destruction to Earth, and just wants to stay dead.

He believes himself to be the problem, and not the villains themselves.
Thank you! It's amazing how people don't know this and even go as far as to assume Goku only stayed dead to train in the Afterlife.

I went more in-depth on this on my analysis on the character:
viewtopic.php?t=33476
YouTube account:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SuperVegitoSSJ2

PSN: Songojames

My Reddit account is also Songojames

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:34 pm

I think Freeza is the number one gokus hater ,as a hate definition
Zamasu envy Gokus body-power to the point to wish it
Vegeta .. I think he never hated Goku , was something else
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:46 pm

King Kai.

Goku's always eating all his food, blowing up his home, destroying his car, getting him in trouble with Beerus, ignoring his advice and wise words, getting him killed and most importantly; NOT REVIVING HIM.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:25 am

Yamcha.

His loss to Goku started his downward spiral. You can tell both of them hate each-other considering Goku doesn't even ask Yamcha to fight in the ToP.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:58 pm

After the new spoilers for 130-131, probably Toeiyama lol
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:13 pm

Between Frieza and Zamasu.
    King Kai also hate him because he kill him and he didn't revive him.

Cetra
    I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sat Mar 10, 2018 6:34 pm

Superman fans.
    "Citation needed."
    "too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

TheUltimateVegito
    OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:42 am

SupremeKai25 wrote:Zamasu. His hatred for Goku was so massive and deep that it transcended time itself. Zamasu, the apprentice Supreme Kai, a young and promising God who was revered as a genius and a prodigy even by his own masters, was defeated and humiliated by a lowly mortal trash. He was forced to kneel and surrender before a lowborn. It was a great humiliation, a great insult, that ultimately became the catalyst for the Zero Mortals Plan. Zamasu's hatred for Goku grew so much that he desired above all else to forcefully seize Goku's body and turn his own power against humanity. He tainted Goku. This is why Black is the most impactful villain. When people look at Goku, they see a man ready to defend the innocents, not to destroy them. so the existence of Black is a shock for most fans.

But it's also interesting how Zamasu was aware of his own hypocrisy: he hated Goku, yet he needed his power to forge his utopia and even decided to fuse with the body of that lowborn scum. Yes, Zamasu saw this as the duty of a true God: to fuse with a being who represented both the failures of the Gods and the arrogance of mortals.

Zamasu's hatred for Goku is the most complex, gripping and developed. And who knows how different Zamasu's life would have been, had the young deity never discovered Goku. He wasn't simply obsessed with Goku's power (which he did crave in Black's case, not so much in Future Zamasu's though), he really hated that Saiyan, to the point that he bragged about that time when he stole his body, killed him before his family's eyes, and then proceeded to horribly butcher his wife and son.
    As good as Zamasu was his reason for hating Goku could've been better. It should've been Goku's Saiyan nature that puts danger to the planet that made Zamasu hate Goku not his power alone. That would've fit more with Zamasu's character.
    YouTube account:

SupremeKai25
    I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 10:55 am

TheUltimateVegito wrote:
    SupremeKai25 wrote:Zamasu. His hatred for Goku was so massive and deep that it transcended time itself. Zamasu, the apprentice Supreme Kai, a young and promising God who was revered as a genius and a prodigy even by his own masters, was defeated and humiliated by a lowly mortal trash. He was forced to kneel and surrender before a lowborn. It was a great humiliation, a great insult, that ultimately became the catalyst for the Zero Mortals Plan. Zamasu's hatred for Goku grew so much that he desired above all else to forcefully seize Goku's body and turn his own power against humanity. He tainted Goku. This is why Black is the most impactful villain. When people look at Goku, they see a man ready to defend the innocents, not to destroy them. so the existence of Black is a shock for most fans.

But it's also interesting how Zamasu was aware of his own hypocrisy: he hated Goku, yet he needed his power to forge his utopia and even decided to fuse with the body of that lowborn scum. Yes, Zamasu saw this as the duty of a true God: to fuse with a being who represented both the failures of the Gods and the arrogance of mortals.

Zamasu's hatred for Goku is the most complex, gripping and developed. And who knows how different Zamasu's life would have been, had the young deity never discovered Goku. He wasn't simply obsessed with Goku's power (which he did crave in Black's case, not so much in Future Zamasu's though), he really hated that Saiyan, to the point that he bragged about that time when he stole his body, killed him before his family's eyes, and then proceeded to horribly butcher his wife and son.
    As good as Zamasu was his reason for hating Goku could've been better. It should've been Goku's Saiyan nature that puts danger to the planet that made Zamasu hate Goku not his power alone. That would've fit more with Zamasu's character.
    Zamasu did aknowledge that mortals were truly dangerous beings at the end of episode 53. He said something like 'Oh, I have learnt a lesson, mortals truly are dangerous beings. Know this, Goku... I will never forget you!'. So Zamasu didn't hate Goku just because he had more power than the Gods; Zamasu also feared him, and despised the fact that the primitive nature of these mortals was dangerous to the world of Gods (Saiyans, Babarians, etc. -- they all threaten the Gods with their strength).

TheUltimateVegito
    OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheUltimateVegito » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:48 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:
    TheUltimateVegito wrote:

Zamasu did aknowledge that mortals were truly dangerous beings at the end of episode 53. He said something like 'Oh, I have learnt a lesson, mortals truly are dangerous beings. Know this, Goku... I will never forget you!'. So Zamasu didn't hate Goku just because he had more power than the Gods; Zamasu also feared him, and despised the fact that the primitive nature of these mortals was dangerous to the world of Gods (Saiyans, Babarians, etc. -- they all threaten the Gods with their strength).
    Makes sense. I didn't think of it like that.
    YouTube account:

Meshack
    OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Wed May 16, 2018 1:54 pm

Broly definitely hates Gokou the most. He literally gets frenzied everytime he sees him or someone similar.

R. Daneel Olivaw
    Not-So-Newbie

Post by R. Daneel Olivaw » Fri May 18, 2018 11:40 am

I'd say Freeza and Dr. Gero have a more personal hatred for Goku. Goku was the first person to defeat and humiliate Freeza, and was responsible for destroying the army Gero put so much effort into. I wouldn't call Broly's hate personal, because it's literally just "You cried as a baby and that upset me" but its definitely a mindless hate. Freeza wants to kill Goku for revenge purposes, since Goku defeated him twice, the second sending him back to Hell to be tormented again. Vegeta from the Saiyan arc to the Androids arc wanted to kill Goku for more prideful purposes; he had to prove himself and reclaim the title of the strongest. Gero definitely put more dedication into trying to kill Goku, since he had been developing the artificial humans, and Cell was a 17-year long project. Baby hated Goku, but that was also a hatred of Saiyans in general.

So, Freeza has a personal hatred for Goku and a hatred of Saiyans in general. His hatred for Goku, however, usually surpasses his common sense and self-preservation, because whenever he comes back from getting his ass handed to him, the first thing he does is try to kill Goku and his friends. This makes me think this hatred has always been on his mind ever since his defeat on Namek. Although he seems to have gotten a bit wiser, since he was able to cooperate with Goku and his friends in the Tournament of Power. Dr. Gero's hatred of Goku must have also been on his mind constantly, since he put so much time into those long projects, such as #16 and Cell, all because he had to see Goku killed.

In terms of sheer intensity, Broly probably takes it since the mere sight of Goku or the mention of his Saiyan name puts him into berserk mode. Freeza has the most delusional and 'villainous' hatred (Delusional because he kept believing he could defeat him, even when he was drained of stamina and cut in half. 'Villainous' meaning his hatred was not in any way justified. Goku only defeated him because he was evil and had killed his friends, and even then gave him numerous chances to surrender and change his ways.) Gero has the most dedicated hatred because of all the time and resources he put into his Goku-killing projects. Vegeta's hatred was the most personal and the most rooted in pride. And Baby, I don't know, he hates Saiyans in general for a reason that's more understandable than Freeza or Zamasu.

Toxin45
    Regular

Post by Toxin45 » Fri May 18, 2018 12:08 pm

Meh Frieza,Gero,and Zamasu.

SupremeKai25
    I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri May 18, 2018 1:13 pm

After rewatching the Dub of episode 61, I have no doubt that Zamasu hates Goku the most.

Killing his beloved ones is one thing. Gloating about it is an entirely different matter. He enjoyed telling Goku about his family's gruesome death and even bragged about the fact that he used his own body to kill his wife and child. He even had the guts to define that senseless bloodshed a righteous 'cleansing'. Therefore, Zamasu was not just obsessed with Goku.

Even Frieza doesn't hate Goku as much as he did anymore. He managed to forsake their old divisions against Jiren and had perfect teamwork with Goku. No, they are not friends, but they are not mortal enemies neither. Not anymore. Not unless Frieza starts doing his evil shenanigans again. Gero also despised Goku, so much so that he built several Androids to get rid of him.

But Zamasu's revenge against Goku was much more malicious and personal than Gero's. He literally stole Goku's body and used it to commit genocide as one last spite to Goku. So, not only did Zamasu kill Goku and his family, but he also tainted this hero's reputation and legacy by murdering innocents en-masse. The power Goku had built through the years to protect the innocents, was twisted by Zamasu to kill them. This, to me, is much more chilling. And let us not forget that Zamasu is a Kai. Kais are supposed to be benevolent and forgiving beings. But Zamasu reviled Goku so much that he went to great lengths to have his revenge upon the brute who defeated him in combat and tainted the sacred ground of the Kai with primitive violence.