Why Didn't Anyone Train In The ROSAT Prior To 25th Budokai Tenkaichi?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Why Didn't Anyone Train In The ROSAT Prior To 25th Budokai Tenkaichi?

Post by theherodjl » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:50 am

Is there a reason why no one decided to spam the ROSAT again until Majin Boo arrived? There was 7 years & 1 month prior to use it and reap its benefits, Vegeta should've been all over that since he had nothing else to do but better his own power. At the very least, why didn't Gohan spend a day in it instead of taking the longer and less effective route?
Or is it only to be used in emergencies or when something is truly at stake?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Re: Why Didn't Anyone Train In The ROSAT Prior To 25th Budokai Tenkaichi?

Post by Professor Freeza » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:18 pm

ROSAT is still a tedious place. Plus there's no emergency. Why would anyone want to suffer there? Training there might not guarantee a big power boost at all.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:05 pm

Professor Freeza wrote:ROSAT is still a tedious place. Plus there's no emergency. Why would anyone want to suffer there? Training there might not guarantee a big power boost at all.
It has never been truly detrimental in either a physical or mental sense for the Z Senshi, even the original claim that a person could only train in there for 2 years during their lifetime before the door vanished was nonsense. There was also some rule that only two people could enter at a time but that was proven to be just a procedural act instead of a legitimate precaution.
Anyways, the gains from the ROSAT have always been noteworthy of increasing power, from Vegeta & Trunks training for the Androids to Vegeta prepping to rematch Zamasu. Not all power boosts were the same but it was never in doubt that there would be a boost. Goten & Trunks made some progress after training for just two weeks, surely anyone could've just decided to spend a similar amount of time in it?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:37 pm

Because there's no need to do so, it was a friendly competition. And Vegeta maxed out his Rosat time.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:03 pm

That's a whole year they'd be losing in a day. Vegeta's already in his 50s, biologically speaking, after a few trips to the Room of Spirit & Time.

In times of peace, there's really no need to go there.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 3:22 pm

Plus, didn't he blow it up, twice, in the anime?