What would Chi Chi think of Caulifla?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

What would Chi Chi think of Caulifla?

Post by shadd21 » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:31 am

Just curious since Caulifla's personality goes against her beliefs on how a lady should behave, how would Chi Chi react to her if they were to meet?

Kataphrut
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: What would Chi Chi think of Caulifla?

Post by Kataphrut » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:13 am

It's Chi Chi, she'll be hostile. Either because Caulifla's delinquent attitude sets a bad example for Goten (who would probably find her cool), or she doesn't like the idea of Goku spending time with a younger woman.

A part of me wanted to think she might be glad to meet another strong woman who reminds her of her heyday, but that aspect of Chi Chi is long gone, unfortunately.

coola
I Live Here

Post by coola » Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:54 am

She will start yelling at Caulifla, and Caulifla will just vaporise her with ki blast (God, i wish that would happen in series :lol: )
My Twitter: @kamil198811
Bulma fan
Thanks to Discotek:
Magic Knight Rayearth get DVD release in 2015 and Blu-Ray release on 2016
Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas get DVD release in 2015

Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Gligarman » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:06 pm

Chi-Chi would reveal that she's secretly trained and whoop her ass! It would be awesome!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:07 pm

Caulifla is the blonde-haired delinquent Chi Chi is always worrying about.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:10 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Caulifla is the blonde-haired delinquent Chi Chi is always worrying about.
That Goten would end up looking up to and copying, with Gohan moved out.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:38 pm

coola wrote:She will start yelling at Caulifla, and Caulifla will just vaporise her with ki blast (God, i wish that would happen in series :lol: )
And then Goku Gohan and Goten family Kamehameha Caulifla out of existence. That would be even better

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:42 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:Caulifla is the blonde-haired delinquent Chi Chi is always worrying about.
"She's clearly a delinquent, just look at that hair!"

Bruma rabu
Regular

Post by Bruma rabu » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:59 am

Lol I would actually love to see this :lol: too bad it will never happen :(
Bulma is awesome... but chi-chi is best waifu :wink:

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:41 pm

Kataphrut wrote:It's Chi Chi, she'll be hostile. Either because Caulifla's delinquent attitude sets a bad example for Goten (who would probably find her cool), or she doesn't like the idea of Goku spending time with a younger woman.

A part of me wanted to think she might be glad to meet another strong woman who reminds her of her heyday, but that aspect of Chi Chi is long gone, unfortunately.
It's far more likely Caulifla would be the hostile one given her initial reaction to meeting Goku. Chi-Chi would try to be as polite and welcoming as possible though only because of Goku.

*Goku and Caulifla walk towards door*
Goku: Oi, Chi-Chi!
Chi-Chi: Goku-sa! Where have you been?
...and it seems you brought company. Mind introducing her?
Goku: Yeah, her name's Caulifla and Caulifla, this is my wife Chi-Chi!
Caulifla: Oh wow, talk about one-fashioned! I thought you were old but this chick's practically your auntie! (Referring to how saiyans age more slowly than humans)
Chi-Chi: *gets in Caulifla's face*: Who ya callin' auntie, missie?!!
Caulifla: *gets back in Chi-Chi's face* Cool it, auntie!! You ain't my mama so you can't tell you how to speak!!
*Argument starts to get heated but Goku breaks in*
Caulfla: You lucky that you're Goku's or I would kick your butt! *walks into the house*
Chi-Chi: *fumes as ahe crosses-arms looking as Caulifla walks* I don't like her! She's got no respect at all!
Goku: *begging Chi-Chi* Please, Chi-Chi! I'm sure she didn't mean to be disrespectful! I promise she won't be too much trouble! Please let her stay!
Chi-Chi: *calms down* Fine... but she can't stay over for the night! Got it?!
Goku: *does his signature grin*Thanks...
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 3:12 pm

Caulifla: Woah! There's a mini Goku!
Goten: Woah! There's a punk in the house!
Caulifla: Who're ya calling a "punk", brat!?
Goten: You! And I'm not a brat, I'm Goten!

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:58 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Kataphrut wrote:It's Chi Chi, she'll be hostile. Either because Caulifla's delinquent attitude sets a bad example for Goten (who would probably find her cool), or she doesn't like the idea of Goku spending time with a younger woman.

It's far more likely Caulifla would be the hostile one given her initial reaction to meeting Goku. Chi-Chi would try to be as polite and welcoming as possible though only because of Goku.

Caulifla: Oh wow, talk about one-fashioned! I thought you were old but this chick's practically your auntie! (Referring to how saiyans age more slowly than humans)
Caulifla: *gets back in Chi-Chi's face* Cool it, auntie!! You ain't my mama so you can't tell you how to speak!!
Caulfla: You lucky that you're Goku's or I would kick your butt! *walks into the house*
Chi-Chi: *fumes as ahe crosses-arms looking as Caulifla walks* I don't like her! She's got no respect at all!
Goku: *begging Chi-Chi* Please, Chi-Chi! I'm sure she didn't mean to be disrespectful! I promise she won't be too much trouble! Please let her stay!
Man you wrote that scene so good. You really understand these characters and how they would act. Major Props!!
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Kataphrut

Post by Kataphrut » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:25 am

Jackalope89 wrote:Caulifla: Woah! There's a mini Goku!
I maintain that these two would actually get on well. Goten would totally idolise Caulifla (precocious crush maybe?) and I think she'd get an ego boost out of that.

If the Planet Sadala visit actually happened, I would want to Goku and Vegeta to bring the kids along.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:32 am

Kataphrut wrote:
I maintain that these two would actually get on well. Goten would totally idolise Caulifla (precocious crush maybe?) and I think she'd get an ego boost out of that.
I'd love a big sis/little bro dynamic between these two.

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:51 am

KBABZ wrote:
Kataphrut wrote:
I'd love a big sis/little bro dynamic between these two.
Oh same. That would just be a first meeting sort of thing. And Goten being, well, Goten, would even get along with Kale.

So, do we actually know how old Caulifla, Kale, and Cabba are? Just curious is all.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:26 am

Jackalope89 wrote:So, do we actually know how old Caulifla, Kale, and Cabba are? Just curious is all.
Given that they're Saiyans and are in an anime, they could be anything from sixteen to Yoda's age. They appear to be younger than Goku and Vegeta though just by their behaviour, but IMO the actual size of the age gap doesn't matter that much to me so long as the friendship is there; after all, Goku befriended Master Roshi and he's hundreds of years old at this point!

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:30 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:

if chichi has previous knowledge on the part of goku that would happen.
generally chichi judges others by the appearance as when he met yamcha or roshi although it also depends with what mood she are. or if they have spoken well or badly of cauifla at first sight probably think she are a criminal who tries to steal your husband given his way of dramatizing things
caulifla only has respect for strong people like hit and goku (after checking her power), so if chichi looks at her badly she will react aggressively

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:46 pm

"Oh great, another Saiyan delinquent."
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:05 pm

Tai Lung wrote: generally chichi judges others by the appearance as when he met yamcha or roshi although it also depends with what mood she are. or if they have spoken well or badly of cauifla at first sight probably think she are a criminal who tries to steal your husband given his way of dramatizing things
You're ptobably thinking of Bulma. Chi-Chi only attacked Yamcha because she was being chased by a T-rex just a few seconds ago (anything was enough to startle her) and she was testing Roshi because he was being a total creep.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:29 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:
Tai Lung wrote: generally chichi judges others by the appearance as when he met yamcha or roshi although it also depends with what mood she are. or if they have spoken well or badly of cauifla at first sight probably think she are a criminal who tries to steal your husband given his way of dramatizing things
You're ptobably thinking of Bulma. Chi-Chi only attacked Yamcha because she was being chased by a T-rex just a few seconds ago (anything was enough to startle her) and she was testing Roshi because he was being a total creep.
both do it although bulma does it more ... true
she had already been told that was the master roshi but she did not believe it until she showed her identification card she did not know roshi, she does not know how
she behaves or what appearance had for what she judge without knowing it, she only saw one aspect of it and the test was quite aggressive
also in the chichi anime did not like anything videl at first sight suspecting that he wanted to take his son ..
without a context ... chichi could think the worst