Goku's Ascension to true Godhood.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Goku's Ascension to true Godhood.

Post by Professor Freeza » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:28 am

With the info from Herms https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/964754063328882688 and the leaked image from DB Heroes [spoiler]Image[/spoiler] ...

I believe Goku has achieved True Godhood. Here's my theory.

Super Saiyan God have Goku the first taste of God Ki. Followed by SSB [along with Vegeta], it made him into a demigod [definition: a being with partial or lesser divine status, such as a minor deity, the offspring of a god and a mortal, or a mortal raised to divine rank. eg Wonder Woman, Thor]

Now see these.

Notice something? All divine beings. All have silver hair.

Now read the two links above. Mastered UI Goku also does have silver hair.

I think this implies that in addition to master something only the GP and the Angels have done before, Goku has become a true God, or a diety. No more he is a Demigod. He has Surpassed ALL GoDs and is next to only GP and the Angels in power.

A true Deity. Once a little kid living alone in the woods, now becomes a Deity in about 30 years.

sintzu
Banned

Re: Goku's Ascension to true Godhood.

Post by sintzu » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:19 am

That's...a very interesting idea. It's a shame we'll have to wait a year at least to know if you're right as I doubt they'll be able to explain it in 2 episodes.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:20 am

sintzu wrote:That's...a very interesting idea. It's a shame we'll have to wait a year at least to know if you're right as I doubt they'll be able to explain it in 2 episodes.
Or maybe the movie will do it. Who knows.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:43 am

Professor Freeza wrote:
sintzu wrote:That's...a very interesting idea. It's a shame we'll have to wait a year at least to know if you're right as I doubt they'll be able to explain it in 2 episodes.
Or maybe the movie will do it. Who knows.
If this is how it's going to work then I wish they would've left it for when Toriyama's completely finished with DB as that would've been a great way to go out. Now however, it'll just be replaced with something else later on.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:42 am

This is an interesting theory. Great thread. I agree. And what’s even better is the fact that Gods of Destruction aren’t truly Divine beings by nature, as they are originally born as random mortals that eventually take on the job of destroyer and thereby becoming some kind of artificial God.

Even the Kaioshins are more Divine to that sense ofcourse, since they are all born as deities (Shinjin’s born from special golden magical fruits) both the Kaioshin and the Angels are literally born like that, it’s their race, their origin. Gods of Destruction are not. They are temporary jobs that can be quit at anytime. You’re considered a “God” when you officially take on the job, and are back to being a regular mortal again when you get fired or quit your job in anyway.

Goku on the other hand achieves this “Angelic power” all on his own. So it’s his forever as long as he’s alive.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:17 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:This is an interesting theory. Great thread. I agree. And what’s even better is the fact that Gods of Destruction aren’t truly Divine beings by nature, as they are originally born as random mortals that eventually take on the job of destroyer and thereby becoming some kind of artificial God.

Even the Kaioshins are more Divine to that sense ofcourse, since they are all born as deities (Shinjin’s born from special golden magical fruits) both the Kaioshin and the Angels are literally born like that, it’s their race, their origin. Gods of Destruction are not. They are temporary jobs that can be quit at anytime. You’re considered a “God” when you officially take on the job, and are back to being a regular mortal again when you get fired or quit your job in anyway.

Goku on the other hand achieves this “Angelic power” all on his own. So it’s his forever as long as he’s alive.

Yes. I didnt include this because i couldnt say it in these words. GoD's arent true Deities. Which is why a retired GoD doesnt stay a god, but a retired Kaioshin still stays a Deity [Elder Kai]

8bitdee
Not-So-Newbie

Post by 8bitdee » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:29 pm

The idea of making Goku a literal God is so off-putting. He's suppose to be a "regular" guy. I put quotes on regular because being an alien with superman-like powers is anything but regular, but by regular I mean his personality. He's just a kid from the jungle who just wants to get stronger and there has always been something human, something RELATABLE, about him that made him a main character you would cheer for.

As god, what's there to relate to? Why cheer for him now?

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 9:40 pm

Nope. Don't buy it. His hair turning yet another color does not automatically make him a Kaioshin or Angel, as those are distinct races.

Besides which, he hit Godhood way back in the beginning of Super with Super Saiyan God.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:03 pm

I don't think Goku is going to surpass ALL the Hakaishin, just some of them like Sidra or Belmod. In the manga, Beerus & Quitela seem to be above the rest of their compatriots as they were the last ones standing in the Hakaishin battle royale so there's still a few hurdles in Goku's way of besting the Gods of Destruction. Mastering a technique that Beerus has been too lazy to perfect doesn't automatically place Goku above him in raw power though it does give Goku an advantage.
We'll just have to see what kind of potential Goku can achieve with this technique.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Speedster
Regular

Post by Speedster » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:57 pm

Professor Freeza wrote:Notice something? All divine beings. All have silver hair.
That's a very careful selection to support your theory but for completeness from the GoDs: Arack, Sidra and Belmod have ginger hair, Helles and Iwne have black hair and Liquirr is a fox humanoid with yellow fur.
Professor Freeza wrote:Mastered UI Goku also does have silver hair. I think this implies that in addition to master something only the GP and the Angels have done before, Goku has become a true God, or a diety. No more he is a Demigod. He has Surpassed ALL GoDs and is next to only GP and the Angels in power.
Silver hair cannot be perceived as a power identifier amongst divine beings as Kaioshins have silver hair and yet they are all are much much inferior in terms of power than their GoD counterparts.
Professor Freeza wrote:GoD's arent true Deities. Which is why a retired GoD doesn't stay a god, but a retired Kaioshin still stays a Deity [Elder Kai]
How do you know that a retired GoD doesn't stay a deity? If anything a GoD is known to outlive several generations of Kaioshins and has no limited timespan like Kaioshins do.

Professor Freeza
Temporarily Banned

Post by Professor Freeza » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:19 am

Speedster wrote:
Professor Freeza wrote:Notice something? All divine beings. All have silver hair.
That's a very careful selection to support your theory but for completeness from the GoDs: Arack, Sidra and Belmod have ginger hair, Helles and Iwne have black hair and Liquirr is a fox humanoid with yellow fur.
Professor Freeza wrote:Mastered UI Goku also does have silver hair. I think this implies that in addition to master something only the GP and the Angels have done before, Goku has become a true God, or a diety. No more he is a Demigod. He has Surpassed ALL GoDs and is next to only GP and the Angels in power.
Silver hair cannot be perceived as a power identifier amongst divine beings as Kaioshins have silver hair and yet they are all are much much inferior in terms of power than their GoD counterparts.
Professor Freeza wrote:GoD's arent true Deities. Which is why a retired GoD doesn't stay a god, but a retired Kaioshin still stays a Deity [Elder Kai]
How do you know that a retired GoD doesn't stay a deity? If anything a GoD is known to outlive several generations of Kaioshins and has no limited timespan like Kaioshins do.
GoD's are Mortals hired for Destruction. They arent born as Deities like Kaioshins and Angels. Which is why they have a angel who trains them and guides them.

Speedster
Regular

Post by Speedster » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:32 am

Professor Freeza wrote:GoD's are Mortals hired for Destruction. They arent born as Deities like Kaioshins and Angels. Which is why they have a angel who trains them and guides them.
You are inferring things through generalisations - generalising from Toppo. The reality is that it has never been stated that the current set of GoDs used to be mortals who were hired for Destruction. We only know that they were trained to become that powerful and skilful by the Angels.

Also going by your own logic if someone isn’t born a deity and ascending to godhood would make them having silver hair then the current GoDs with hair should have had silver hair too. We do know that they are referred to as proper gods, they have permanent godly ki and there has been nothing to suggest that they are incomplete gods, especially in comparison with the Kaioshins that do have silver hair. Also I don’t think Zamasu would have considered GoDs as deities if they were born as mortals. Also as I said and before, we know that Beerus’ existence predates his Kaioshin counterpart by at least 15 generations indicating that being appointed GoD is a superior form of godhood as it grants the user unlimited (or at the very least much longer than a Kaioshin) lifespan.