Dragon Ball Super's power levels are much lower than GT

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super's power levels are much lower than GT

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Apr 14, 2018 2:14 pm

The way I see it, SS4 is potentially comparable to SSG and SSB. But that's without even getting into Kaio-ken, Evolution, and the Hakaishin.

I generally lean more to it being comparable to SSG, and even that's iffy; constant progression is the name of the game in this franchise.

Omega Shenron, the SS4s, and other peer opponents narratively look to be around the "god level" established with the likes of Toppo, SSG, SSB, etc., but fall short of tiers beyond that; such tiers are SSB Vegito, Beerus and the other Hakaishin, and now Jiren and Ultra Instinct Goku.

Now, as far as everyone else is concerned at lower level forms? Hard to say.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Apr 14, 2018 3:18 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:The way I see it, SS4 is potentially comparable to SSG and SSB. But that's without even getting into Kaio-ken, Evolution, and the Hakaishin.

I generally lean more to it being comparable to SSG, and even that's iffy; constant progression is the name of the game in this franchise.

Omega Shenron, the SS4s, and other peer opponents narratively look to be around the "god level" established with the likes of Toppo, SSG, SSB, etc., but fall short of tiers beyond that; such tiers are SSB Vegito, Beerus and the other Hakaishin, and now Jiren and Ultra Instinct Goku.

If you want to compare the individual power ups from the original states of the users then SSJG is way stronger than SSJ4: not even the Full Power SSJ4 that Goku used against Yi Xing Long can compare to it. Goku was fairly confident that fusion(most likely potara as BOG Goku had only performed that variant of fusion thus far) was no match against Beerus but had some degree of hope with SSJG. The anime comic guide stated that Vegetto was a little stronger than SSJ4 GT Goku's initial level so that means right off the bat, SSJG is greater than SSJ4 in terms of an overall power boost.
I'd put it down like this.
BOG Goku: 15
GT Goku: 400
Super Vegetto: 2,000,000
GT SSJ4 Goku: 1,600,000
BOG SSJG Goku: 20,000,000(if Goku was actually referring to a hypothetical SSJ3 Vegetto)

I'd say a million increase is a very possible increase due to the God Ki boost and SSJG form.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:08 pm

theherodjl wrote:
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:The way I see it, SS4 is potentially comparable to SSG and SSB. But that's without even getting into Kaio-ken, Evolution, and the Hakaishin.

If you want to compare the individual power ups from the original states of the users then SSJG is way stronger than SSJ4: not even the Full Power SSJ4 that Goku used against Yi Xing Long can compare to it. Goku was fairly confident that fusion(most likely potara as BOG Goku had only performed that variant of fusion thus far) was no match against Beerus but had some degree of hope with SSJG. The anime comic guide stated that Vegetto was a little stronger than SSJ4 GT Goku's initial level so that means right off the bat, SSJG is greater than SSJ4 in terms of an overall power boost.
BOG SSJG Goku: 20,000,000(if Goku was actually referring to a hypothetical SSJ3 Vegetto)

I'd say a million increase is a very possible increase due to the God Ki boost and SSJG form.
I agree Super is much much stronger than GT characters but how do you figure that Vegetto yields a millions of times boost? Because you think it is more than SSJ4 Goku's boost?
sunsetshimmer wrote:
ahill1 wrote:I think many characters from Super would blow GT's out of the damn water.
Nah.
Jiren could beat Omega Shenron, but hey, it's DBS. Android 17 and Frieza made Jiren struggle while SSB Kaioken Goku could't do a s**t to suppressed Jiren.
The same goes for Ultra Instinct.
This series lacks any logic so much that it's hard to compare with other series.
Both has zero chance against Gogeta SSJ4 tho.

Kefla wouldn't beat Omega imo (espeically with his regeneration ability), but she would beat Super 17 for sure (unless she was spamming ki of course).

I don't think Golden Frieza would beat Super 17. He is too dumb for that.
17 and Freeza only did well against Jiren when he was exhausted and was like 10 seconds removed from being pummeled into the ground and having difficulty even standing up let alone fight at the level he was at before
Last edited by PFM18 on Sat Apr 14, 2018 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 6:28 pm

theherodjl wrote:

Yeah, hypothetical GT SSJ Vegito was said to be comparable to SSJ4 Goku.
BoG Goku was talking about DBZ Vegito.
That's a huge difference.

Super Baby 1 was already stated to be stronger than DBZ SSJ Vegito and "initial" Goku SSJ4 was at least 10 times stronger than him.
If Goku SSJ4 was weaker than DBZ Vegito, he would've never beaten Baby Vegeta.
Also, there is no proof that Goku meant SSJ3 Vegito. They never went SSJ3 as Vegito. The only Vegito he knew was SSJ. The same goes for GT.
Both SSJG Goku and Super Baby 1 were only stated to be stronger than SSJ Vegito.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Apr 14, 2018 7:16 pm

theherodjl wrote:

You're talking about this page, right? http://comic.dragonballcn.com/list/0.Dr ... tory07.jpg

Let me clarify the misunderstanding of that passage without having to translate all of it (though you're welcome to verify it on your own if you want).

On the same page, next to SSJ Goku before he teleports Cell away, the passage recalls the events of how Goku sacrificed himself and how proud of Gohan he was. In the passage next to SSJ3 Goku's picture mentions him training in the Other World to gain SSJ3, which he used to fight Buu in the Other World. Both of these passages clearly recall events which occurred during DBZ and specify Goku during those certain stages of the story.

Then the passage next to Vegetto is a description of how when Goku & Vegeta merge, they become the strongest warrior, perhaps even stronger than a SSJ4. However, it makes no mention of Buu Arc events. At all. No mention of how this Vegetto fought Super Buu, got separated inside his body, how Goku & Vegeta were desperate enough to fuse, etc. The passage is also in present tense (hence descriptive), unlike the previous two which were mainly in past tense. This is pretty important, as it strongly implies that it is talking about Vegetto in general, and not Buu Arc Vegetto. This passage is no more different than how we know via Kefla that Saiyans rivaling Goku in base can potentially become stronger than SSG.

And like Sunshimmer said, Baby Vegeta Lv. 2 was confirmed to be the strongest ki Goku could ever feel at the time. Which already puts him above Super Vegetto, since we know fusion users can feel their fusion's power. So Buu arc Vegetto has no place with the likes of SSJ4 Goku.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:20 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Champa The Destroyer wrote:
GT is just as inconsistent with power levels. Base Goku was able to kill Super 17 while Super Saiyan 4 couldn't do the job (yes, I know that Super 17's weakness was exploited, but it's still highly unlikely that Base Goku could do that).

There's also the fact that Gohan, Trunks, and Goten weren't one shotted by Omega Shenron.

In regard to Freeza and 17 fighting Jiren, they say multiple times throughout the episode that Jiren is exhausted, while Freeze spent multiple episodes recovering and 17 has unlimited stamina. Jiren had barely a fraction of his power left.
GT is mostly consistent tho.
Yeah, Super 17 kill was kind of bullshit, it would make more sense if he was SSJ4 but they probably wanted to make a cool reference to King Piccolo saga.
Also, dragon fist is overpowered bullshit alone.

Omega was just dumbass and never really tried to kill them. He is the kind of guy that heavily underestimate everyone until it's too late, but even then, after witnessing Gogeta's power, he was toying with them a bit.

You might be right with Jiren but still, the gap between him and 17 should be much bigger imo.
I disagree. Imo GT is consistently inconsistent. I do agree that Dragon Fist is overpowered, and that it was a reference to King Piccolo, but even so, story should never be sacrificed for pure fanservice.

I understand the Omega Shenron was holding back, but they still should have been at near death considering the power gap between Omega and Goten, Trunks, and Gohan.

It was shown many times throughout the TOP arc that 17 was able to hold his own against Super Saiyan Blue tier opponents.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Apr 14, 2018 11:36 pm

I just rewatched the whole series... and this is my headcannon

Also, I found out recently that only 5 years after EoZ passed, not 10 like I always thought(apparently it was a dub thing), and it makes sense because a 27 year old Goten behaving like that makes no sense, but a 22 year old does. Also a 27 year old Trunks wouldn't be so irresponsible at work and wouldn't need his father to lecture him and teach him a lesson by sending him into space.

So, Uub (let's say he is at Kid Boo level) before fusing with Mr. Boo, so they would reach Super Boo level, but i'll be nice and place him around Ultra Boo, the buff one. AT S-17 arc Oob one shots General Rilld. Goku said he was stronger than Boo but didn't say which one, but was trying to warn Trunks so it has to be Fat Boo or Super Boo (those that Trunks met) now if it was Super Boo then Uub wouldn't have been able to one-shot Rild because not even Ultimate Gohan did that to Super Boo, so I'll chose to go with Fat Boo. But what Fat Boo? Majin or the good one? I guess he probably would have said Majin if he meant that one, also Boo is a part of the crew now. But I'll go with Majin Fat Boo. Kid SS Goku did pretty well againt Rilld even after he became the whole planet, so he can do what a ssj3 did in Z, or pretty close. I'm not going with the base Kid Goku is at X level because it's so inconsistent throughout the show(Redic, that building from Black Star arc, etc) that better don't mess with it. It's the same in Super.

Vegeta Baby was Vegeta (who later on explains that after Z lost interest in catching up with Goku, so he is literally saying that he is not that much powerful than he was in Z and it didn't even bothers him... until SS4) and that parasite that wasn't that much to begin with but probably acquired some of Goten, Gohan and TRunks' power. But them too moved on from training, Goten is a player, Trunks a CEO and Gohan wears his gi in the last 4 episodes and has no trace left of his Ultimate state. I know someone said that in some magazine it was stated that he kept training but we can't take that to heart like it is it's own manga, more so if the series contradicts that by him being everything but a fight/train enthusiast) And Baby says the strongest on Earth was Vegeta, so that means Gohan only trained his reading.
So to sum up, Vegeta Baby is a "fusion" of two not so remarkable characters. Goku claims it is the strongest ki he ever felt, now if he included Super Vegetto then he would have clarified that with "stronger than I ever was even fused" or some like that (also how can you perceive your own ki?), so I'll go with Buuhan, and after that Baby gets even stronger, so I'll say V-Baby is above Buuhan, which makes sense looking at how he dealt with Ultra Uub, but is quite stretch considering the power levels involved. Still i don't want to downplay GT.

Then SSj4 appears and destroys Vegeta-Baby kinda like Super Vegetto did to Buuhan but with less toying around. So i'll go with SS4 Goku >= Super Vegetto. Ohzaru Baby a little behind that power.

Super 17 Arc, i'll pretend the zenkai boost is still a thing and put SS4 Goku pretty close to SSG from BoG, and Super 17 a bit above him, but still behind SSgod. Super 17 before absorbing 15 minutes of Goku spamming ki attacks would probably be equal or above Super Vegetto from Z, since he disposed of everyone with extreme ease. This one is really hard to gauge because he absorbed ki from everyone all the time, he wouldn't have a chance against SS4 Goku if the writers didn't make Goku such an idiot who couldn't realise what was going on.

Ih Shenron i would like to think was around Tired Golden Freeza from RoF and the SS4 he stomped well above SSG. I'll go nuts and put FP SS4 Goku at SSBlue from RoF and then Final Ih Shenron around SS Rose who probably is 10 or more times stronger than RoF's SSBlue. SS4 Goku was much stronger than SS4 Vegeta, so the fusion could've been even stronger, SS4 Vegeta should be like SS4 Goku from Baby Arc. But i'll close my eyes and pretend he is SSgod tier.
SS4 Gogeta I believe it would be like a SSB KKx20 from Zamasu Arc. Goku never went that far in that arc but I figure that being 20 times stronger than what the boys in blue showed(by the time the arc was ending and Vegeta was already above Black) is enough to stomp SSRose just like Gogeta did to Ih Shenron.

Again, this is MY headcannon, I tried to be as nice as I could and favour GT characters, without going as far as Base Goku being able to one shot Merged Zamasu

The Monkey King
Advanced Regular

Post by The Monkey King » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:06 am

Super and GT clearly aren't in the same continuity.

No one in GT can one shot a universe with pure power alone or come anywhere remotely close.

BoG saga SSJG Goku would solo GT with ease.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:14 pm

Koitsukai wrote:I just rewatched the whole series... and this is my headcannon

Also, I found out recently that only 5 years after EoZ passed, not 10 like I always thought(apparently it was a dub thing), and it makes sense because a 27 year old Goten behaving like that makes no sense, but a 22 year old does. Also a 27 year old Trunks wouldn't be so irresponsible at work and wouldn't need his father to lecture him and teach him a lesson by sending him into space.

So, Uub (let's say he is at Kid Boo level) before fusing with Mr. Boo, so they would reach Super Boo level, but i'll be nice and place him around Ultra Boo, the buff one. AT S-17 arc Oob one shots General Rilld. Goku said he was stronger than Boo but didn't say which one, but was trying to warn Trunks so it has to be Fat Boo or Super Boo (those that Trunks met) now if it was Super Boo then Uub wouldn't have been able to one-shot Rild because not even Ultimate Gohan did that to Super Boo, so I'll chose to go with Fat Boo. But what Fat Boo? Majin or the good one? I guess he probably would have said Majin if he meant that one, also Boo is a part of the crew now. But I'll go with Majin Fat Boo. Kid SS Goku did pretty well againt Rilld even after he became the whole planet, so he can do what a ssj3 did in Z, or pretty close. I'm not going with the base Kid Goku is at X level because it's so inconsistent throughout the show(Redic, that building from Black Star arc, etc) that better don't mess with it. It's the same in Super.

Vegeta Baby was Vegeta (who later on explains that after Z lost interest in catching up with Goku, so he is literally saying that he is not that much powerful than he was in Z and it didn't even bothers him... until SS4) and that parasite that wasn't that much to begin with but probably acquired some of Goten, Gohan and TRunks' power. But them too moved on from training, Goten is a player, Trunks a CEO and Gohan wears his gi in the last 4 episodes and has no trace left of his Ultimate state. I know someone said that in some magazine it was stated that he kept training but we can't take that to heart like it is it's own manga, more so if the series contradicts that by him being everything but a fight/train enthusiast) And Baby says the strongest on Earth was Vegeta, so that means Gohan only trained his reading.
So to sum up, Vegeta Baby is a "fusion" of two not so remarkable characters. Goku claims it is the strongest ki he ever felt, now if he included Super Vegetto then he would have clarified that with "stronger than I ever was even fused" or some like that (also how can you perceive your own ki?), so I'll go with Buuhan, and after that Baby gets even stronger, so I'll say V-Baby is above Buuhan, which makes sense looking at how he dealt with Ultra Uub, but is quite stretch considering the power levels involved. Still i don't want to downplay GT.

Then SSj4 appears and destroys Vegeta-Baby kinda like Super Vegetto did to Buuhan but with less toying around. So i'll go with SS4 Goku >= Super Vegetto. Ohzaru Baby a little behind that power.

Super 17 Arc, i'll pretend the zenkai boost is still a thing and put SS4 Goku pretty close to SSG from BoG, and Super 17 a bit above him, but still behind SSgod. Super 17 before absorbing 15 minutes of Goku spamming ki attacks would probably be equal or above Super Vegetto from Z, since he disposed of everyone with extreme ease. This one is really hard to gauge because he absorbed ki from everyone all the time, he wouldn't have a chance against SS4 Goku if the writers didn't make Goku such an idiot who couldn't realise what was going on.

Ih Shenron i would like to think was around Tired Golden Freeza from RoF and the SS4 he stomped well above SSG. I'll go nuts and put FP SS4 Goku at SSBlue from RoF and then Final Ih Shenron around SS Rose who probably is 10 or more times stronger than RoF's SSBlue. SS4 Goku was much stronger than SS4 Vegeta, so the fusion could've been even stronger, SS4 Vegeta should be like SS4 Goku from Baby Arc. But i'll close my eyes and pretend he is SSgod tier.
SS4 Gogeta I believe it would be like a SSB KKx20 from Zamasu Arc. Goku never went that far in that arc but I figure that being 20 times stronger than what the boys in blue showed(by the time the arc was ending and Vegeta was already above Black) is enough to stomp SSRose just like Gogeta did to Ih Shenron.

Again, this is MY headcannon, I tried to be as nice as I could and favour GT characters, without going as far as Base Goku being able to one shot Merged Zamasu
How can characters know they're stronger than somebody else? That's a silly question to ask.

The GT special comic was comparing a hypothetical Vegetto to SSJ4 transformation. Not Vegetto from Z. This is clear from the present tense and lack of mentioning any storyline events when compared to the previous passages. Really, I've seen this misinterpreted comparison between Z Vegetto and SSJ4 GT Goku thrown around all over internet debates and it's just not right. It's certainly not what the passage is implying from context, at the very least.

Also, I wouldn't consider Super 17 below SSG since it's a fusion of 17 (who's established to be in a pretty high tier in Super after training), and Hell Fighter 17 who should be weaker since he was made from scratch. And remember all 17 did to reach that tier was train by himself and park range lol, so I don't see why GT 17 wouldn't be the same since they never got any special god training or anything. Super 17 was also able to absorb a Kamehamehax10, SSJ4 Goku's most powerful energy attack, which is pretty insane.

Honestly, the current video games portray SSJ4 and SSB to be in the same league. That's probably the closest we'll ever have to a gauge between the two transformations.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:06 am

LOL, not even close.

how the hell is this even debateble like already 11 pages?
no1 besides omega shenron can destroy the universe in GT and thats via chain reaction.
ssg goku and beerus were about to destroy the universe with 3 shockwaves of their normal punches.
ssb goku>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>ssj4 goku.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed Apr 18, 2018 10:55 am

Yet SSB Vegetto and Merged Zamasu's punches didn't even do jack nor implied to have threatened the planet Earth itself. Also SSG Goku is massively weaker than Beerus, who can probably flick him off like he did to SSJ3 if he tried given Jiren could stop SSG Goku with only one finger.

The idea of SSG Goku being able to destroy an entire universe just by punching it is a laughable notion at best.

Tsufuru
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Tsufuru » Wed Apr 18, 2018 4:06 pm

Rakurai wrote:Yet SSB Vegetto and Merged Zamasu's punches didn't even do jack nor implied to have threatened the planet Earth itself. Also SSG Goku is massively weaker than Beerus, who can probably flick him off like he did to SSJ3 if he tried given Jiren could stop SSG Goku with only one finger.

The idea of SSG Goku being able to destroy an entire universe just by punching it is a laughable notion at best.
realy? are you real?
it happened on screen , you are laughable at best with that comment.
also last time i checked , nappa destroyed a city with lifting two fingers but way more powerfull characters did way less.
you actualy think they show them busting planets and so on everytime?
didnt you learn from db and dbz?
literaly nappa did the same atack against goku and it didnt destroy 1/50 of a city.
if it was beerus doing the shockwave than gokus arm would have exploded including all of his body.
so beerus holding back to ssg level can destroy a unicerse and ppl say ssb is ss4 level?
how does that make sense?

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Wed Apr 18, 2018 6:36 pm

When Goku went SSJ3 for the first time, his rising ki could be felt all the way across the Kai realm which is beyond the universe. And that was just by going to SSJ3.

SSJ3 Gotenks and Buu could rip open wormholes just by screaming loudly, same as how Black tore open a wormhole with his scythe and he was amazed by the feat too.

If SSG Goku's punches could really threaten the universe alone, then SSB Vegetto and Merged Zamasu should have done the same if not similar thing with just punches. But they didn't. Call it plot or inconvenience, but subsequent battles have not implied the same thing ever again which leads me to believe it has been retconned. The whole thing was done for show flair.

Actually, I think classifying levels based on destructive capability is a stupid system. Broly destroyed a galaxy, so technically that automatically puts him above the likes of Buu?

Let me put it this way: DBS 17 could match SSB Goku just by park ranging for all those years with whatever training you can get from taking down poachers and saving wildlife at the moment of his introduction in Super. Did not receive any special training from the gods or someone else. He follows from Z continuity. GT 17 should be exactly the same before Goku scouted him out for the ToP.

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Wed Apr 18, 2018 7:22 pm

Tsufuru wrote: realy? are you real? it happened on screen , you are laughable at best with that comment.
Am I the only one that saw it happen only when their hits collided? I don't see why this is a feat just given out to Goku. Not to mention that never happened in the original film to what I remember, as the logic of shockwaves increasing the further away they are from the source is exactly the opposite effect of how shockwaves work in physics. Again, this is Super's logic we are trying to credit, when it as a source itself isn't. As far as what was shown only Zeno can destroy universe single-handedly, if not the case than why would everyone else including Beerus be surprised or even fear this feat? I never bough the claim for SSG Goku.
Rakurai wrote:I think classifying levels based on destructive capability is a stupid system. Broly destroyed a galaxy, so technically that automatically puts him above the likes of Buu?
I still call the Broly thing cinematic emphasis on North Kai's thought, not him actually doing this as said.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:27 pm

I think it's silly to claim that if something doesn't happen every time anyone fights then it never actually happened in the first place. If you go by that logic then no one in the entire series can even destroy a planet, since 99% of the time no planets are destroyed when they fight.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:19 am

Tsufuru wrote:realy? are you real?
it happened on screen , you are laughable at best with that comment.
This is not an appropriate way to have a conversation. All would do well to review the community guidelines.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:25 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:I think it's silly to claim that if something doesn't happen every time anyone fights then it never actually happened in the first place. If you go by that logic then no one in the entire series can even destroy a planet, since 99% of the time no planets are destroyed when they fight.
In this case we have someone claiming something that didn’t happen exactly as the series suggest. When god level fighters have a serious bout and they collide using great momentum they can generate universe-destroying vibrations, which still is very different from what Zeno casually does on his own. Either way, it’s not a very consistent feat, because Goku and Copy-Vegeta collide in a similar way, yet we only see a big blue light. It’s also hinted that two Gods of Destruction are not allowed to fight because they can destroy twin universes, which still is not something they do single-handily.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:24 am

Hugo Boss wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:I think it's silly to claim that if something doesn't happen every time anyone fights then it never actually happened in the first place. If you go by that logic then no one in the entire series can even destroy a planet, since 99% of the time no planets are destroyed when they fight.
In this case we have someone claiming something that didn’t happen exactly as the series suggest. When god level fighters have a serious bout and they collide using great momentum they can generate universe-destroying vibrations, which still is very different from what Zeno casually does on his own. Either way, it’s not a very consistent feat, because Goku and Copy-Vegeta collide in a similar way, yet we only see a big blue light. It’s also hinted that two Gods of Destruction are not allowed to fight because they can destroy twin universes, which still is not something they do single-handily.
I never suggested they were comparable to Zeno's power. Beerus and Goku could have disintegrated all of the planets and stars and such in the universe and left it empty but Zeno could wipe out the whole thing with a snap of his fingers. Zeno is much more impressive.

And Beerus did have an attack that would have destroyed the universe by itself (not like Zeno but still crushed everything) but he cancelled it out.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:55 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote:
I never suggested they were comparable to Zeno's power. Beerus and Goku could have disintegrated all of the planets and stars and such in the universe and left it empty but Zeno could wipe out the whole thing with a snap of his fingers. Zeno is much more impressive.

And Beerus did have an attack that would have destroyed the universe by itself (not like Zeno but still crushed everything) but he cancelled it out.
I didn’t say you suggested that, but Tsufuru claimed SSG and Beerus could wipe out an universe with 3 normal punches.

I think it’s worth to point that highly dense energy was generated by Beerus’ and Goku’s third clashing. What Beerus did may count as a “nullifying a supposedly universe-crushing energy” feat. Whis also notes that Gods don’t know everything, so they were probably just guessing those clashes could wipe out the entire universe or at minimum the Earth and neighboring planets, like he told to Mr. Satan.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:56 am

Hugo Boss wrote:
Polyphase Avatron wrote:
Hugo Boss wrote: In this case we have someone claiming something that didn’t happen exactly as the series suggest. When god level fighters have a serious bout and they collide using great momentum they can generate universe-destroying vibrations, which still is very different from what Zeno casually does on his own. Either way, it’s not a very consistent feat, because Goku and Copy-Vegeta collide in a similar way, yet we only see a big blue light. It’s also hinted that two Gods of Destruction are not allowed to fight because they can destroy twin universes, which still is not something they do single-handily.

I didn’t say you suggested that, but Tsufuru claimed SSG and Beerus could wipe out an universe with 3 normal punches.

I think it’s worth to point that highly dense energy was generated by Beerus’ and Goku’s third clashing. What Beerus did may count as a “nullifying a supposedly universe-crushing energy” feat. Whis also notes that Gods don’t know everything, so they were probably just guessing those clashes could wipe out the entire universe or at minimum the Earth and neighboring planets, like he told to Mr. Satan.
Didn't Whis say that Beerus thought that might be what would happen, but in reality it would wipe out the universe? And Whis said that he himself couldn't stop it? Also the attack caused a blinding light to shine all the way to the Kaioshin planet (although how they can see such things happening in real time from another dimension like that doesn't make much sense to begin with).