Dragon Ball Super's power levels are much lower than GT

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kn83
Banned

Re: Dragon Ball Super's power levels are much lower than GT

Post by kn83 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:01 am

DB▪Magnum-Expert wrote:
kn83 wrote:
DB▪Magnum-Expert wrote:
Base GT Goku shadow dragons arc solos Ssj3 Vegito Buu Saga with utmost ease. Anime Comics Guide isn't anywhere near reliable if it's contradicted directly by the show. GT Perfect Files doesn't say Vegito is above Goku
Yes it sort of does

http://i.neoseeker.com/mgv/870828/828/9 ... oWTR79.jpg
There's no need to link it to me. I'm quite aware of the scan and I have the entire guide. But the issue is that it holds no candle to direct official information from a much reliable guide and material from the show.
Base GT Goku has no feats that put him anywhere near Buu arc Vegito level. He is by powerscaling either SSJ3 Buu arc Goku level (lowball) or 50x Mystic Gohan level (highball)

DB▪Magnum-Expert
Beyond Newbie

Post by DB▪Magnum-Expert » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:14 am

kn83 wrote:Base GT Goku has no feats that put him anywhere near Buu arc Vegito level. He is by powerscaling either SSJ3 Buu arc Goku level (lowball) or 50x Mystic Gohan level (highball)
GT Goku's Dramatical Atrocious increase of powers throughout the show rival that of DBS's. Goku is not even Ssj3 Goku Buu Saga Level and he's far beyond Ssj Ultimate Gohan. It's not a highball, it's downplay to claim Goku in GT is weaker than Buu Saga Vegito.

Elaborate please, and show me how he isn't above Vegito, and why do you stick so much to the Anime Comics Guide a lot
People I'm always keen to Debate with for the sole purpose of increasing experience and joy:

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 6:18 am

Also, Omega Shenron, who was the last villain of Dragon Ball GT, could just destroy a single Universe, whereas Infinite Zamasu was able to not only merge with the entire Multiverse, but also transcend timelines, and Jiren could easily destroy one Universe, as he is above even the Gods of Destruction.

Infinite Zamasu and Jiren are way above Omega Shenron, and most certainly more powerful than Baby Vegeta and Super Android 17.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:12 am

Whatever wrote:From guidebooks we know that GT base Goku is as strong as dbz ssj3 Goku,in dbs we have by rof a base Goku that ssj3 Gotenks cannot flinch.
GT's final and strongest villain could destroy the universe by infecting it with his negative energy,an impressive feat but its takes quite a bit of time.
In the very first arc of super a holding back Beerus and SSJG Goku that could not control his power well almost punched out the universe out of existance just by fighting each other.

So in short:
>Omega Shenron was trying to destroy the universe and it would have taken a bit of time to do so if he was not stopped.
>Goku(not even in his strongest form from super) and Beerus(holding back immensly)almost destroyed the universe as collateral damage.

How is it even a contest imao.
It would be a contest if you actually had even basic knowledge about GT.
Base Goku in Baby saga is far above Ultimate Gohan
Ultimate Gohan >>> Gotenks SSJ3
Base/SSJ Goku in Shadow Dragons arc is stronger than Majuub who was stronger than SSJ3 Goku from Baby saga.
Majuub was slightly weaker than Super Baby 2, while Super Baby 1 was already confirmed to be stronger than Buuhan and Vegito from Z.

BoG is retconned bullshit. By power scaling, early DBS/BoG Beerus would lose to Baby and current DBS Goku should already be able to stomp him.
Yet current DBS Goku can't even beat Trunks without transforming. The same Trunks that said Dabura was TOUGH enemy.
The gap between Goku and Beerus is much bigger than it seemed to be in early DBS.
Current Beerus could easily rival Omega Shenron and beat him in speed and technique, while possibly being inferior in raw power.

Omega and Berus are not universal. They never were. It was only said that punches of Beerus and Goku would destroy everything in universe. The same goes for Omega. Destroying every single planet and living being in universe, even in instant, is not being universal. Because empty universe is still universe, just empty. Zeno is the only one confirmed to be able to actually destroy universe itself. You can drink entire cola can, but it doesn't mean you destroyed the can, you only made it empty. It's still there. Simple as that.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:34 am

The Ultimate Gohan that DBS Goku is obviously much stronger than Boo Arc Ultimate Gohan. This is the same series that made 17 a SSJB tier character just by fighting poachers.

Also destroying all the physical matter of a universe means you destroyed the 3D part of the universe. So it’s still God tiers are still universal in the physical aspect unlike Omega who can’t even accomplish that. In fact, if you’re going by “leaving no physical matter in the universe” as not being universal, then Omega and Boo would’ve never accomplished their goal of “destroying the universe”.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

DB▪Magnum-Expert
Beyond Newbie

Post by DB▪Magnum-Expert » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:44 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:BoG is retconned bullshit. By power scaling, early DBS/BoG Beerus would lose to Baby and current DBS Goku should already be able to stomp him.
Yet current DBS Goku can't even beat Trunks without transforming. The same Trunks that said Dabura was TOUGH enemy.
O Please, Current Goku roflstomps Trunks. Also, Goku could have Shitstomped trunks back when he fought him the first time but he didn't because he was holding back which is supported plenty of times. Trunks struggled with Dabura many years prior to coming and fighting Goku Black, and at the very least he's stronger than all high tier level Buu Saga characters but weaker than BoG Saga Tier. Trunks as a Ssj2 became a low tier SsjB Level Character since he managed to attack Ssj Rose Goku Black and Combat Future Zamasu who held his own against SsjB Goku. This is supported in which Trunks was stated to have gotten stronger:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
sunsetshimmer wrote:Omega and Berus are not universal. They never were. It was only said that punches of Beerus and Goku would destroy everything in universe.
No it was said their attacks would have destroyed the entire universe and even later it is confirmed that Goku and Beerus individually could destroy the universe and current base Goku >>>>>>>>>>> SsjG Goku BoG. Noting contradicts this so your point here is invalid
sunsetshimmer wrote:The same goes for Omega. Destroying every single planet and living being in universe, even in instant, is not being universal. Because empty universe is still universe, just empty. Zeno is the only one confirmed to be able to actually destroy universe itself. You can drink entire cola can, but it doesn't mean you destroyed the can, you only made it empty. It's still there. Simple as that.
That's your own speculation. Both characters were stated to be capable of destroying the universe. Omega was going to affect the Kaioshin Realm and the Afterlife which are both another dimensions of their own, so Omega Shenron's Ki could very well pass through Dimensional Levels and destroy a far bigger dimension with different sets of rules. Omega is stronger than Buu who's arguably a Multi-Galaxy to Universe Buster. One shotting a universe in its entirety is a Universal feat if it's done in a single shot. Current Goku > Infinite Zamasu by far and Toppo warped the entire World of Void. Goku Black opened a hole through time and space with a power which far exceeds his understanding yet he's a Kaioshin who has an understanding of the entirety of the Universe as a whole. Otherworld is a higher plane of existence yet Goku's attacks with Beerus were affecting it. Ssj3 Goku's Ki couldn't be sustained because his form affects time itself, Merged Zamasu transcending beyond the Gowasu's and Shin's understanding. Buuhan's feat shows Buuhan with his own power about to destroy the universe along with other alternate dimensions all at one swoop by his own power. Vegeta destroying the ROSAT (it is earth sized yes, but to he capable of getting out? Super Buu and Gotenks couldn't do that. Vegeta destroyed the Continuum which forced him out completely)...etc. You're downplaying characters heavily
People I'm always keen to Debate with for the sole purpose of increasing experience and joy:

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:58 am

As for the topic at hand, many people indeed postulate that GT characters are stronger than those in Super. That position however neglects the fact, that Toei wrote SSj multipliers basically as what they saw fit, so several times base at best. Before the SEG came out in 2009 it was not unheard of at all to have a 5x multi for Buu saga onward SSjs, yet most of the scaling rests on the assumption that SSj was always treated and written as 50x. I know it's an OOU explanation, but it's definitely how it is. Toei always went for strong bases and weak transformations in their original materials (fillers, theatricals and GT), seeing as how characters in base form lasted uncharacteristically long against overwhelmingly powerful opponents, while based on official multipliers from SEG (hell, even on pure common sense) they should die in a single blow. People tend to forget how bad Toei could get with this, though they've got a rough reminder with Super, which has its own slew of powerscaling problems (base Goku vs SSj2 Caulifla? yeah, right) and treating the SEG way, way too seriously. If you think SSj3 GT Goku was meant to be 400x stronger than base, then no wonder you wind up with outlandishly overinflated powerlevels for him and the rest of the characters. Still, even given these observations, we can easily extrapolate the strength of Super and GT characters.

I would personally use the GT Perfect Files as a point of reference (as that's the best thing we've got, really), which said SSj Vegetto might be even stronger than a SSj4. I'm going to assume they were referring to SSj Vegetto from the Buu arc and a freslhy transformed SSj4 Goku from GT who hasn't yet gotten the extra ki from the other Saiyans for a power-up. Base Vegetto (if you disregard filler) was still stronger than SSj3 Goku from the Buu arc, so let's make him 500x stronger than base Goku. Now the next step depends entirely on what SSj multiplier you use, but what the hell, let's make it 50x. That makes Super Vegetto 25,000x stronger than base Buu arc Goku. Which gives us 24-25000x base Buu arc Goku for SSj4 Baby Arc Goku. Let's divide this by 500 (the number of times base GT Goku is supposedly stronger than base Buu arc Goku) and we wind up with a SSj4 multiplier of 50x base. As you see there is an internal inconsistency here if we go by the SEG powerlevels, since SSj4 should be way more powerful than that (even though I don't exclude the possibility that the GT stuff actually wrote the multiplier as being this low, who knows? It's quite likely). A popular fan figure for SSj4 is 10x SSj3, therefore a 4000x multiplier over base. 4000x times 500x equals TWO MILLION times over Buu arc base Goku. Quite an impressive number, don't you agree? But guess what! That means we have severely downplayed Vegetto!

Now, one could get into an argument which Vegetto the GT Perfect Files meant (some people think it's base, some think it's SSj3 even), so I'm going to take the middle ground here and go with Super Vegetto from the Buu arc - the only one we'd seen up to that point. If Buu arc Super Vegetto = SSj4 Goku from Baby arc, that means base Vegetto is 2 mil / 50 = 40,000 times stronger than base Goku from the Buu arc. I think it's a way overinflated figure and don't endorse it personally, but then again neither do I endorse SSj4 Goku being 2 million times stronger than base Goku from the Buu arc, but let's just keep these here for consistency.

So we've got ourselves this figure: two million times base. And then Beerus comes along. Goku gets owned, he says not even fusing with Vegeta would do him any good against Beerus. We could assume he was referring to Super Vegetto. That would have to mean that SSj God would have to be several times stronger than Vegetto was to make Goku feel it's made any sort of a difference. Let's make it 3x Super Vegetto. But wait, couldn't Vegetto just go SSj2 at the very least? That would make SSj God Goku only 1,5x stronger than SSj2 Vegetto. I'm going to play devil's advocate here and assume Vegetto couldn't do SSj3 (though IMO there's at least 75% likelihood that he could, given that Goku could and that Gotenks could even without any of his fusees being able to do as much as SSj2). Therefore SSj God would have to be a comfortable amount stronger than even SSj2 Vegetto. Still, a multiplier like 3x feels rather small here, considering that would still technically be within the realm of SSj3 Vegetto's power, while SSj God was said to be a realm of power so amazing that Goku never thought it even existed. I think making SSj God Goku 20x SSj Vegetto wouldn't be that outlandish (it's a mere 2,5x SSj3 Vegetto) - and we have to account for the fact that BoG takes place some time after the Buu arc, so Goku and Vegeta have gotten stronger - say, 25% each. Same goes for Vegetto and in consequence SSj God Goku, so let's dial this up by 25% too, making God Goku 25x stronger than Buu arc SSj Vegetto, which translates to 50 million times stronger than Buu arc Goku's base. I don't think even Goku's "limit transcending" sessions from GT made him more than 10x stronger than he was at first as a SSj4 (and that's generous), which makes the weakest SSj God Goku 2,5x stronger than the strongest SSj4 Goku.

And that's only SSj God and only in the beginning. Even if we disregard the "Saiyan Beyond God" base entirely (as the show itself seems to have), Goku and Vegeta have been through serious trainings in Super, possibly multiplying their powers compared to the Buu arc by up to 10 times (maybe more, maybe less, though I'm betting on this being the upper border). SSj Blue might be around 5 times over SSj God too. Add these two multipliers up and you wind up with a Tournament of Power SSj Blue Goku 2,5 billion times stronger than Buu arc base Goku (50 million x 5 x 10). And he still has Kaioken x 20 on top of it, alongside even more ridiculously powerful transformations that we are about to see. Based on Kefla, I'm assuming Vegetto at this time would only be "tens of times" stronger than Goku and Vegeta added together (let's make this 50x) which still makes Vegetto Blue at the time of the Zamasu arc say, 200 billion times stronger than Buu arc's base Goku (I treated Goku and Vegeta's powers as 80% of what they were at the start of the ToP - i.e. SSj Blue Goku being 2 billion times Buu arc base Goku).

Even if we assume SSj4 Gogeta is 100x stronger than the strongest SSj4 Goku (which is plenty high for this type of fusion, but whatever), that would still make him "only" 2 billion times stronger than Buu arc's base Goku, which is below SSj Blue Goku/Vegeta based on above calculations, much less Goku's Kaioken Blue or Vegetto Blue, who turns out to be exactly 2 orders of magnitude stronger than SSj4 Gogeta.

Of course all this is based on the assumption that Buu arc SSj Vegetto = Baby arc SSj4 Goku, which is not universally accepted, coupled with the assumption that base GT Goku was 500x stronger than base Buu arc Goku - which leads to a circular logic loop that inflates Vegetto way beyond what he needs to be. But in order for the GT Perfect Files' statement to hold valid and the popularly accepted SSj4 multiplier to work while also assuming GT base Goku is so absurdly strong, there is no other way to place Vegetto - either he is that strong, or the SSj4 multiplier is that weak. Weakening Vegetto requires lowering the SSj4 multiplier to a measly 50x base if GT's Goku is already stronger than SSj3 Goku just like Vegetto was. Let's take a look at things under that assumption:

So we have Vegetto only at 500x base Goku, which happens to be the same as GT kid Goku's power. Therefore Vegetto's SSj and Goku's SSj4 both have to be 50x, if the statement of the GTPF about them being close to each other is to be respected. Let's do the rest of the math same as above: BoG SSj God 25x stronger than Buu arc Super Vegetto - multiply by ten for the Tournament of Power to give us 125,000 times Buu arc base Goku for ToP's SSj God Goku. Multiply by a further 100 to get to x20 Kaioken Blue level. Let's likewise have SSj4 Goku after surpassing all his limits to be 10x stronger than he was before (though within this narration this seems awfully high), which has the strongest SSj4 Goku 2x stronger than the strongest SSj God Goku, but still weaker than SSj Blue and much weaker than SSjKKx20. If both SSj4 Gogeta and SSj Blue Vegetto get a 100x boost compared to Goku in the respective form, Vegetto Blue is still 2,5x stronger than SSj4 Gogeta.

So as you can see this is all pretty much a mess and relies on arbitrary assumptions that either have Vegetto too strong or SSj4 Goku too weak. The most problematic is accepting the SEG multipliers for GT and Super (when there's good evidence they're not being respected like, at all), and to that end assuming that GT Goku has gotten 500x stronger than he was in Z. Still, in both scenarios I've kept those multipliers consistent and tried to minimize any arbitrary decisions of my own. In the second scenario (mind you), Vegetto was lowballed to the biggest possible degree (being just 1,25x stronger than SSj3 Goku from the Buu arc), but he still came out on top vs Gogeta. I believe that due to the large number of plotholes and inconsistencies, comparing the strength of Super and GT chars is quite futile, but based on all the above (and more) I lean towards believing Super characters are much stronger, as the multipliers for their transformations are so much higher - Super Saiyan God constituting the biggest leap of them all. Of course it itself was made out to be somewhat weaker in time (or maybe it's Beerus that got made even stronger), but there is no way to quantify just by how much.

DB▪Magnum-Expert
Beyond Newbie

Post by DB▪Magnum-Expert » Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:00 pm

Saturnine wrote:I would personally use the GT Perfect Files as a point of reference (as that's the best thing we've got, really), which said SSj Vegetto might be even stronger than a SSj4.
GT Perfect Files never said this. It was the Anime Comics Guide which stated it

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:17 pm

There are many different possible interpretations of how strong the characters are (both absolutely and in relation to each other) but the only way to really argue that GT is stronger is to base it all on questionable powerscaling. If you base it on anything else then Super wins.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:29 pm

DB▪Magnum-Expert wrote:
Saturnine wrote:I would personally use the GT Perfect Files as a point of reference (as that's the best thing we've got, really), which said SSj Vegetto might be even stronger than a SSj4.
GT Perfect Files never said this. It was the Anime Comics Guide which stated it
My bad. Still, that's better than nothing. GT not only contradicts Z many times, but also itself. Creating robust powerscaling for it is ridiculously hard.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:12 pm

GT and Super are not set in the same continuity. So I feel like it is hard to power scale both of them. Not to mention Goku's last form in Super is market as Goku's most powerful form which most likely means that he is stronger than any of Goku's forms even SSj4.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:59 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Base Goku in Baby saga is far above Ultimate Gohan
I did not see Ultimate Gohan in GT,i only saw super saiyan Gohan and the GT perfect files state that Goku is as strong as his dbz ssj3 form.
Base/SSJ Goku in Shadow Dragons arc is stronger than Majuub who was stronger than SSJ3 Goku from Baby saga.
In the Shadow Dragons arc,base Trunks took more hits than Majuub against Super 17 so i guess Manjuub is weaker than them as well?
Well it seems to me that Manjuub was nerfed from one arc to another to make the saiyans look better.
BoG is retconned bullshit.
Well what a nice way to justify your points in the way that suit you.
By power scaling, early DBS/BoG Beerus would lose to Baby and current DBS Goku should already be able to stomp him.
If you mean the holding back Beerus then yeah current DBS Goku could beat him.
How convenient for you to ignore the timeframe in which the event happened,which is years before Goku black came,meaning trunks was still way weaker.
The gap between Goku and Beerus is much bigger than it seemed to be in early DBS.
In the movie that holds true but in the reteling it was left vague.
Omega and Berus are not universal. They never were. It was only said that punches of Beerus and Goku would destroy everything in universe. The same goes for Omega. Destroying every single planet and living being in universe, even in instant, is not being universal. Because empty universe is still universe, just empty. Zeno is the only one confirmed to be able to actually destroy universe itself. You can drink entire cola can, but it doesn't mean you destroyed the can, you only made it empty. It's still there. Simple as that.
Yeah technicalities i will concede on that since you are right Omega Shenron's power was working more as a virus rather than destroying it.
But SSJG Goku and Beerus almost destroying everything just by clashing is a way bigger feat than Omega,also Beerus and Champa clashing would have destroyed the Universe as stated by Whis and Vados.
It would be a contest if you actually had even basic knowledge about GT.
For someone who criticizes someone about GT knowledge,you sure seem to not know or ignore that the GT perfect files compare ssj4 Goku to Buu saga Vegeto,who SSJG Goku was stated to be stronger than even if you decide to ignore that the 1st arc of DBS Goku has bigger feats than GT's final and strongest villain.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Mar 04, 2018 8:55 am

Whatever wrote: For someone who criticizes someone about GT knowledge,you sure seem to not know or ignore that the GT perfect files compare ssj4 Goku to Buu saga Vegeto
Perfect Files NEVER said anything like that. The same goes for base Goku being equal to his SSJ3 self from Z. You just repeat fake bullshit "statements" you have heard from some retarded youtube channels or reddit. You never even saw any page of Perfect Files on your eyes.
So yes, you lack knowledge.
And Majuub wasn't nerfed at all. He destroyed Rildo in single ki blast like it was nothing.
Trunks got more beating because he was more on screen. Nice logic.
Gohan was stated in Perfect Files (aka thing you never even saw) to keep training after Z.
Official interview states that Gohan returned as the same super-warrior (called "Ultimate Gohan" in the same interview) he used against Super Buu to fight Super 17.
Baby was amazed of SSJ Gohan's power despite having Rildo's power before meaning SSJ Gohan is far stronger than Rildo.
Base GT Gohan is at least equal to Ultimate Gohan from Z and as SSJ he was getting beaten by base Goku.

Not to mention that Super Baby 1 is already stronger than Buu Saga Vegito, meaning SSJ4 Goku would slaughter him.
Keep repeating some shit you've heard on the Internet. It's better than actually checking sources and watching actual show in original language.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Sun Mar 04, 2018 10:36 am

sunsetshimmer wrote:
Whatever wrote: For someone who criticizes someone about GT knowledge,you sure seem to not know or ignore that the GT perfect files compare ssj4 Goku to Buu saga Vegeto
Perfect Files NEVER said anything like that. The same goes for base Goku being equal to his SSJ3 self from Z. You just repeat fake bullshit "statements" you have heard from some retarded youtube channels or reddit. You never even saw any page of Perfect Files on your eyes.
Yeah it was not from GT perfect files it was from the comic eddition,my bad on getting the names wrong.
And Majuub wasn't nerfed at all. He destroyed Rildo in single ki blast like it was nothing.
Trunks got more beating because he was more on screen. Nice logic.
So we are gonna assume things now?Instead of what we were shown.
Gohan was stated in Perfect Files (aka thing you never even saw) to keep training after Z.
Base GT Gohan is at least equal to Ultimate Gohan from Z and as SSJ he was getting beaten by base Goku.
The training part is true but we never saw or stated that Gohan could stack Ultimate with ssj,since thats not how it works.
Not to mention that Super Baby 1 is already stronger than Buu Saga Vegito, meaning SSJ4 Goku would slaughter him.
Keep repeating some shit you've heard on the Internet. It's better than actually checking sources and watching actual show in original language.

Now GT guidebooks aside,SSG Goku who only debuted in the first arc has a bigger feat than Omega GT's strongest villain who is stronger than ssj4.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:29 pm

So we are gonna assume things now?Instead of what we were shown.
Assume what? Everything i said was shown. Trunks is major character in GT, Uub isn't. So of course he was shown more.
Uub was simply threated as shit in GT after Baby saga.
You can't possibly think that Trunks is anywhere as strong as Uub lol.
Majuub on shotted Rildo who was fighting on par with Gohan. Trunks clearly stated in first saga that Gohan is much stronger than him and he had no chance against Rildo.
The training part is true but we never saw or stated that Gohan could stack Ultimate with ssj,since thats not how it works.
Wrong. It's how it works since Super. Even early Battle of Gods movie version had Gohan going SSJ to fight Beerus, he was even on poster, yet he was Ultimate.
It was never clearly described how Ultimate works until Super. Old Kai never said Ultimate can't go SSJ. He only said that there is no need to go SSJ as Ultimate.
GT threated it as constant boost, meaning he could still use SSJ and SSJ2 forms.

Still, base GT Gohan was NOT Ultimate Gohan
But he was equivalent of Ultimate Gohan's power from Z, that's what interview meant
Meaning SSJ GT Gohan is far above Ultimate Gohan known from DBZ and most likely even Super since he pretty much regained his old power and trained a bit.
Now GT guidebooks aside,SSG Goku who only debuted in the first arc has a bigger feat than Omega GT's strongest villain who is stronger than ssj4.
No, he doesn't. Also, "feats" are irrelevant. By feats, SSJ Blue can't survive a lava, but SSJ4 could survive on sun.
And all that universe destruction is bullshit because Vegito SSJB vs Fused Zamasu barely damaged a city.

And as i said, that guidebook never said a word about Buu saga Vegito. It was about Vegito overall.
Hypothetical GT Vegito SSJ would be about equal to SSJ4 Goku.
Buu saga Vegito SSJ was stated to be weaker than Super Baby 1.

So even though SSJ God Goku was said to be possibly stronger than SSJ Vegito it doesn't mean he is stronger than SSJ4 Goku from GT.
Because he is stronger than BoG Vegito who would be far weaker yet.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:13 pm

sunsetshimmer wrote:No, he doesn't. Also, "feats" are irrelevant. By feats, SSJ Blue can't survive a lava, but SSJ4 could survive on sun.
What :eh:
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:01 pm

But if GT base Gohan is as strong as Ultimate Gohan from Z, shouldn't Piccolo have been obliterated after receiving ssj Gohan's kamehameha when trying to save Goten? at least kill him, even more so if he was holding a KO friend. A KHH 50 times stronger than Ultimate Gohan from Z could do, that's a lot to take for a namek who reached his peak years ago and has been dismembered by much much less. Even Goten should have dissappeared, he was out and also never ever trained.

Also General Rild didn't beat Gohan up? it seems Ultimate Gohan from Z's power as base should be enough for starters, but it was not.

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Sun Mar 04, 2018 5:11 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:
sunsetshimmer wrote:No, he doesn't. Also, "feats" are irrelevant. By feats, SSJ Blue can't survive a lava, but SSJ4 could survive on sun.
What :eh:
DBS Goku said that he would DIE in Earth's core without protection suit. If SSJ Blue was able to survive it, he would use it. He uses this shit for everything, even to use instant transmission like he did to save Android 17.
DBS Vegeta was running from Magetta's lava which wasn't really that hot considering its steam releasing from below of arena didn't burn Bulma, Videl or anyone.

GT Goku was fighting against Nuova Shenron and his skin was said to be hot as sun (which is still more than Earth's core)
Base Goku was getting HURT by it (not dying) and as SSJ4 he was pretty much immune to it.
Koitsukai wrote:But if GT base Gohan is as strong as Ultimate Gohan from Z, shouldn't Piccolo have been obliterated after receiving ssj Gohan's kamehameha when trying to save Goten? at least kill him, even more so if he was holding a KO friend. A KHH 50 times stronger than Ultimate Gohan from Z could do, that's a lot to take for a namek who reached his peak years ago and has been dismembered by much much less. Even Goten should have dissappeared, he was out and also never ever trained.

Also General Rild didn't beat Gohan up? it seems Ultimate Gohan from Z's power as base should be enough for starters, but it was not.
It was never said how did he survive that. It didn't seem to hit him directly or Baby Gohan was just holding back. He wanted to test his power. Also, he didn't want to kill Goten. He used him later to corner Vegeta. Goten was his follower so he didn't want to hurt him. He went insane after he turned into ape, but at this point he was still respecting his followers. They wanted to make it look like he died only to make him back by a surprise in last episode of saga.

Still, it's DB. Better explain to me how Future Trunks SSJ2 and Goku SSJ Blue got hit by the same technique of Black and were in the same shape after that. If something was able to hurt SSJ Blue, it should kill Trunks. If something only hurt Trunks it should do barely any damage to Goku. Plot armor was strong here as well.

Gohan technically lost to Rildo, but mostly because his arm was frozen. If you rewatch entire scene, you can see Gohan taking a lot of strong punches from Rildo but he was completely fine when Majuub took care of him. And Baby was impressed with Gohan's SSJ power. Base Gohan was still weaker than Rildo.
Rildo was said to be stronger than Buu and DBZ Gohan didn't have a chance against any form of Buu without his Ultimate form.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:52 pm

The heat of the surface of the sun is actually not that much. It can be replicated by an industrial plasma torch. The total energy is what makes it dangerous, which Nuova Shenron didn't have (or else the entire planet would start melting when he powered up).

The core of the Earth is actually much hotter than the sun's surface. And more importantly, there is no air there and there is immense pressure, sextillions of tons worth. None of those factors were involved in Nuova Shenron's attacks.

Furthermore, Magetta's lava was not dangerous to Vegeta by itself. It was made clear that the problem was the heat consuming all of the oxygen in the confined space, which made it difficult for him to breathe.

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:16 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:The heat of the surface of the sun is actually not that much. It can be replicated by an industrial plasma torch. The total energy is what makes it dangerous, which Nuova Shenron didn't have (or else the entire planet would start melting when he powered up).

The core of the Earth is actually much hotter than the sun's surface. And more importantly, there is no air there and there is immense pressure, sextillions of tons worth. None of those factors were involved in Nuova Shenron's attacks.

Furthermore, Magetta's lava was not dangerous to Vegeta by itself. It was made clear that the problem was the heat consuming all of the oxygen in the confined space, which made it difficult for him to breathe.
He also conveniently forgets to mention that Goku came up from the core without his suit on and if you're talking about temperature feats(no idea how that shows who's more durable overall) base Vegeta survived absolute zero attacks while SSJ4 Goku was frozen