Dragon Ball Super's power levels are much lower than GT

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super's power levels are much lower than GT

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:39 pm

PFM18 wrote:All I am trying to say is using "feats" as far as destruction of planets or solar bodies as a method of scaling characters in the series is silly to me based on how inconsistent they have been and by the fact that it is clearly laid out to us how each character compares to another. Scaling each character off of previous characters and using the numbers that we are given is dramatically more accurate as a measure of power scaling between characters.
I agree on the first part, but I don’t see how we can objectively gauge how strong they have become further in the story. Feats, numbers or everything else that I can remember right now derive from fan’s subjectivism or episodic tidbits provided by the staff behind the series, which are both volatile.

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:31 pm

PFM18 wrote:if these sort of feats were consistent and reliable enough to scale from then Kid Buu was trying to strictly destroy as much as he could at a time. (AKA he wasnt holding back) and the best he could do is destroy one planet at a time using instant transmission before he made his way to goku on kai's Planet. If these were consistent then he would have blown up several solar systems at a time with little problems.

1. Kid Buu was not even trying to blow up more than a planet at a time during that scene. In fact, no one ever said or even implied that Kid Buu was going all out during that time. It is only when Goku goes SSJ3 is when Kid Buu starts to go all out.
PFM18 wrote:"When super buu was angry and powered up he tore a hole in the dimensions. And yet when other characters do similar things throughout the series and there's never a tear in the dimensions."
2. Assuming that a stronger character cannot perform a similar feat just because they never even tried to do so in the first place is an Argument from Ignorance fallacy. Super Buu and Gotenks are the only characters to explictily attempt to rip dimensions by powering up. Claiming that characters stronger than Super Buu can't do the same thing (even though Gotenks showed that its merely a matter of how much strength you have :roll: ) is extremely stupid. Its just as stupid as people who claim in even til this day that Goku can't even blow up planet lmao. You'd have to be retard to think that.

In Dragonball, more ki equals more speed, strength, durability, hax resistance, etc (with only a few explicitly stated exception throughtout the whole series). So if character A is stronger than B, and B can blow up a solar system, then should be able to do it too. Its that simple.
PFM18 wrote:When roshi blew up the moon easily but had to exert tons of effort just to blow a small hole in the ground to dig a hole...or to destroy boulders.

3. False. Blowing up the moon wasn't easy for Roshi. He was completely drained of his ki after he did that.
PFM18 wrote:Freeza in his first form blows up planet vegeta with ease and yet he is literally using 200x more power and he fails to blow up Namek in one shot when he is clearly trying to destroy it.

4. Freea outright stated after he blow up Namek's core that he held back on purpose because he didn't believe that he could survive the planet's explosion at the time (it was latter revealed that he could anyway). So there's no inconsistent there either.
PFM18 wrote:Dragon ball was never meant to be used as an astronomy show I dont know why people do it."
Exactly the Freeza planetary attacks are a perfect example of how these "feats" aren't consistent and were never meant to be consistent because they were just trying to do things that were convenient for the plot and were never meant to be taken this seriously. He blows up a planet with one finger in his first form with no difficulty and then in his final form at full power being literally over 200x more powerful he cant blow up planet Namek. Why? because that was the coolest for the plot at the time and that was never meant to be used in this way.
5. You keep bringing up this false claim even after being disproven multiple times. Neither Toriyama nor any of the writers has ever stated that the feats were never meant to be taken seriously, thats just your bias delusions. In fact, several official guides like the Daizenshuu and the Super Exciting Guide (which were co-authored by Toriyama himself) constantly use the feats to explain how strong a character is at a particular time in the story.

https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/or ... -44717.jpg
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/vsb ... 0424023650
https://pm1.narvii.com/6626/6cffa4c7d03 ... 022_hq.jpg
https://static.comicvine.com/uploads/or ... -ae44F.jpg

Notice how none of those pages ever say "its just for show". If Toriyama/Toyotaro/Toei themselves uses feats in a literal way, it is not your place to dismiss them. You would be putting your bullshit headcanon over author's intent.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:40 pm

1. Kid Buu was not even trying to blow up more than a planet at a time during that scene. In fact, no one ever said or even implied that Kid Buu was going all out during that time. It is only when Goku goes SSJ3 is when Kid Buu starts to go all out.
What reason would he possibly have to hold back? There is absolutely no reason for him to be holding back in that scene. He was going on a rampage of destruction trying to destroy everything he could. But he just destroyed a planet at a time because that was the most convenient for the plot at the time.
Assuming that a stronger character cannot perform a similar feat just because they never even tried to do so in the first place
Not very surprisingly you completely missed the point. I did not say that they couldn't do it based on the dumb logic that you presented nor did I imply that stronger characters didnt do it because they couldnt. I was just trying to illustrate how inconsistent these sorts of things are. And no Super Buu was not "explictily attempting to rip dimensions by powering up" he was just roaring out of frustration. Powering up because of anger. he wasn't doing this thinking "yeah I am going to tear a hole in this dimension." there was no precedence for it because nobody had done it before so he had no reason to think that it was possible.
3. False. Blowing up the moon wasn't easy for Roshi. He was completely drained of his ki after he did that.
This is just semantics. He blew up the moon because it was convenient for the plot and then he ran away from a boulder unable to smash it or get away from it because of the plot. He literally got crushed by a rock later in the series after being able to destroy the moon. Why? Because the plot dictated that he would drop the dragon ball at that time. These things are fueled by the convenience of the plot not by an inherent set level of power that the characters have. You linked that image about Vegeta being able to blow up the planet that was there because it was part of the plot. Vegeta wanted to blow up earth and goku couldnt just simply dodge because earth would have been destroyed. It wasn't just a way of gauging Vegeta's power like you seem to imply. These things are plot fueled not power-scaling fueled.

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:39 pm

PFM18 wrote:
What reason would he possibly have to hold back? There is absolutely no reason for him to be holding back in that scene. He was going on a rampage of destruction trying to destroy everything he could. But he just destroyed a planet at a time because that was the most convenient for the plot at the time.
Assuming that a stronger character cannot perform a similar feat just because they never even tried to do so in the first place
Not very surprisingly you completely missed the point. I did not say that they couldn't do it based on the dumb logic that you presented nor did I imply that stronger characters didnt do it because they couldnt. I was just trying to illustrate how inconsistent these sorts of things are. And no Super Buu was not "explictily attempting to rip dimensions by powering up" he was just roaring out of frustration. Powering up because of anger. he wasn't doing this thinking "yeah I am going to tear a hole in this dimension." there was no precedence for it because nobody had done it before so he had no reason to think that it was possible.
This is just semantics. He blew up the moon because it was convenient for the plot and then he ran away from a boulder unable to smash it or get away from it because of the plot. He literally got crushed by a rock later in the series after being able to destroy the moon. Why? Because the plot dictated that he would drop the dragon ball at that time. These things are fueled by the convenience of the plot not by an inherent set level of power that the characters have. You linked that image about Vegeta being able to blow up the planet that was there because it was part of the plot. Vegeta wanted to blow up earth and goku couldnt just simply dodge because earth would have been destroyed. It wasn't just a way of gauging Vegeta's power like you seem to imply. These things are plot fueled not power-scaling fueled.
1. You are putting your headcanon over direct statements and scenes from series. Goku outright points out that Kid Buu didn't show is full power until he powered up to fight SSJ3 Goku.

2. Both Old Kai and Supreme Kai outright point out that Buuhan was trying to tear the universe apart. You're acting like its somehow impossible to think and do things while angry lol. Plus, the Daizenshuu itself (which you keep ignoring because it proves you wrong) points out that Super Buu could rip the universe apart with that dimension ability: https://pm1.narvii.com/6626/6cffa4c7d03 ... 022_hq.jpg

3. Do you even know what semantics is? Roshi himself outright states that he put all of his power into that one kamehameha that blew up the moon, meaning it was an extremely difficult feat for him.

Its like you can't seem to get basic logic and fact. You also make a false dichotomy bewteen plot and powerscaling. How can say those feats weren't meant to be power scaled when the show itself through its dialogue and storytelling, the official guides and sometimes even Toriyama himself in interviews uses these things to powerscale? Its clear at this point you are incapable of reasoning and only believe what you want to believe, ignoring explicit context that says otherwise.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:44 pm

For me it's so obvious that Super powers are far above GT powers.

Hit would single-handedly win against the like of Super Ī Shinron, and let me not get started with the God Ki and the Super Saiyan form related to it. Beerus and Whis would stomp all GT Villain in one swing.

:o <- Super Powers
:yawn: <- GT Powers

You've just to open your eyes all will appears by just plain logic period. :wink:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:17 pm

kn83 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
1. You are putting your headcanon over direct statements and scenes from series. Goku outright points out that Kid Buu didn't show is full power until he powered up to fight SSJ3 Goku.

2. Both Old Kai and Supreme Kai outright point out that Buuhan was trying to tear the universe apart. You're acting like its somehow impossible to think and do things while angry lol. Plus, the Daizenshuu itself (which you keep ignoring because it proves you wrong) points out that Super Buu could rip the universe apart with that dimension ability: https://pm1.narvii.com/6626/6cffa4c7d03 ... 022_hq.jpg

3. Do you even know what semantics is? Roshi himself outright states that he put all of his power into that one kamehameha that blew up the moon, meaning it was an extremely difficult feat for him.

Its like you can't seem to get basic logic and fact. You also make a false dichotomy bewteen plot and powerscaling. How can say those feats weren't meant to be power scaled when the show itself through its dialogue and storytelling, the official guides and sometimes even Toriyama himself in interviews uses these things to powerscale? Its clear at this point you are incapable of reasoning and only believe what you want to believe, ignoring explicit context that says otherwise.
At this point I think You are just misinterpreting what I say on purpose. Literally every single time. You are responding as though I said something that I didn't. The fact that you are constantly insulting me throughout your posts shows just how very confused you are. At this point I just can't take you seriously anymore

Dagon
Banned

Post by Dagon » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:43 am

Omega Shenron could destroy the universe through chain reaction with his unique energy type.
SSJ2 Kefla can destroy a universe in one shot through sheer power alone.

SSJ2 Kefla >> Omega Shenron.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:58 am

Imo Super Saiyan God is far more powerful then Super Saiyan 4. Super Saiyan God was said to be a realm of power Goku thought he could never reach on his own.

With that said, top tier TOP characters (Jiren, Toppo, Kefla, etc.) would destroy any GT characters.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:13 pm

Dagon wrote:SSJ2 Kefla can destroy a universe in one shot through sheer power alone.
This is not confirmed though. She just had a feeling. It's not like she knows the exact amount of power it takes to destroy an universe.
Champa The Destroyer wrote:Super Saiyan God was said to be a realm of power Goku thought he could never reach on his own.
The same can be said about every other new transformation. It seems too little to make a direct comparison.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:09 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:
Dagon wrote:SSJ2 Kefla can destroy a universe in one shot through sheer power alone.
This is not confirmed though. She just had a feeling. It's not like she knows the exact amount of power it takes to destroy an universe.
Champa The Destroyer wrote:Super Saiyan God was said to be a realm of power Goku thought he could never reach on his own.
The same can be said about every other new transformation. It seems too little to make a direct comparison.
However, if we take Goku's statement about General Rilldo as meaning Kid Buu/Fat Buu, then Goku's base in Super would be far above that, since Base Copy Vegeta destroyed Gotenks.

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:26 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:
If SSJG Goku from BoG could potentially destroy a universe through punches alone, then Kefla (who should be thousands of times stronger than that Goku) should be able to one-shot a macrocosm easily.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:11 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote:However, if we take Goku's statement about General Rilldo as meaning Kid Buu/Fat Buu, then Goku's base in Super would be far above that, since Base Copy Vegeta destroyed Gotenks.
If Goku is stronger than the person in question in both versions, how will you know which Goku is stronger?
kn83 wrote:If SSJG Goku from BoG could potentially destroy a universe through punches alone, then Kefla (who should be thousands of times stronger than that Goku) should be able to one-shot a macrocosm easily.
Just a note. SSG Goku wasn’t doing that alone. The shockwaves were being generated when Goku and Beerus hit each other head on with great speed and power. And it couldn’t be done with two clashes. It’s unknown how much Kefla is stronger than that version of Goku.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:13 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:
Champa The Destroyer wrote:However, if we take Goku's statement about General Rilldo as meaning Kid Buu/Fat Buu, then Goku's base in Super would be far above that, since Base Copy Vegeta destroyed Gotenks.
If Goku is stronger than the person in question in both versions, how will you know which Goku is stronger?
kn83 wrote:If SSJG Goku from BoG could potentially destroy a universe through punches alone, then Kefla (who should be thousands of times stronger than that Goku) should be able to one-shot a macrocosm easily.
Just a note. SSG Goku wasn’t doing that alone. The shockwaves were being generated when Goku and Beerus hit each other head on with great speed and power. And it couldn’t be done with two clashes. It’s unknown how much Kefla is stronger than that version of Goku.
There is no proof as far as I know that GT base Goku could one shot Gotenks.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:22 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote:There is no proof as far as I know that GT base Goku could one shot Gotenks.
The point is that you can’t objectively tell how great is the difference between Goku and the measure sticks you used. So, you can’t tell which Goku is stronger by this argument.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:30 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:
Champa The Destroyer wrote:There is no proof as far as I know that GT base Goku could one shot Gotenks.
The point is that you can’t objectively tell how great is the difference between Goku and the measure sticks you used. So, you can’t tell which Goku is stronger by this argument.
GT Goku fought a Kid Buu level character and didn't have that much of an advantage, while Super Goku is equal to someone who oneshotted Gotenks. It doesn't seem likely that GT Goku could replicate the same feat.

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:37 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Just a note. SSG Goku wasn’t doing that alone. The shockwaves were being generated when Goku and Beerus hit each other head on with great speed and power. And it couldn’t be done with two clashes. It’s unknown how much Kefla is stronger than that version of Goku.
Beerus was using the some amount of force as Goku was, so if anything that just halves the feat, making that version of Goku high multi-galaxy level (lowballing).

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:13 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote:GT Goku fought a Kid Buu level character and didn't have that much of an advantage, while Super Goku is equal to someone who oneshotted Gotenks. It doesn't seem likely that GT Goku could replicate the same feat.
Goku claimed Rilld is more powerful than Majin Boo and Goku himself was beating Rilld until the other warriors came to hold back Goku. And Copy-Vegeta didn’t one shot Gotenks. That was a hopeless fight but Gotenks wasn’t beat like you mean. More importantly, we don’t even know the difference between Majin Boo and Gotenks.
kn83 wrote:Beerus was using the some amount of force as Goku was, so if anything that just halves the feat, making that version of Goku high multi-galaxy level (lowballing).
This is only speculative guessing though. It’s specifically those clashes that can generate that much destruction. We don’t have a clue about what it takes to replicate the same feat with a single person.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:21 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:
Champa The Destroyer wrote:GT Goku fought a Kid Buu level character and didn't have that much of an advantage, while Super Goku is equal to someone who oneshotted Gotenks. It doesn't seem likely that GT Goku could replicate the same feat.
Goku claimed Rilld is more powerful than Majin Boo and Goku himself was beating Rilld until the other warriors came to hold back Goku. And Copy-Vegeta didn’t one shot Gotenks. That was a hopeless fight but Gotenks wasn’t beat like you mean. More importantly, we don’t even know the difference between Majin Boo and Gotenks.
kn83 wrote:Beerus was using the some amount of force as Goku was, so if anything that just halves the feat, making that version of Goku high multi-galaxy level (lowballing).
This is only speculative guessing though. It’s specifically those clashes that can generate that much destruction. We don’t have a clue about what it takes to replicate the same feat with a single person.
We know that Gotenks was beating back Super Buu, who Goku (someone relatively equal to Kid Buu) was outright scared of fighting. And Base Goku had an advantage against Rilldo, but wasn't outright stomping him. Copy Vegeta, on the other hand, destroyed Gotenks easily.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Mar 24, 2018 4:37 pm

Champa The Destroyer wrote:We know that Gotenks was beating back Super Buu, who Goku (someone relatively equal to Kid Buu) was outright scared of fighting. And Base Goku had an advantage against Rilldo, but wasn't outright stomping him. Copy Vegeta, on the other hand, destroyed Gotenks easily.
You are still missing the point. We don't know how much more powerful Rilld is in comparison to Majin Boo. He may be stronger than all of his forms and who knows where he stacks, since it's unclear which form Goku meant and Goku is even stronger than Rilld. We know Gotenks is at least weaker than two forms of Majin Boo, so there is room for Copy-Vegeta to fit in a position he is still weaker than Rilld.

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:48 pm

Hugo Boss wrote:
Champa The Destroyer wrote:We know that Gotenks was beating back Super Buu, who Goku (someone relatively equal to Kid Buu) was outright scared of fighting. And Base Goku had an advantage against Rilldo, but wasn't outright stomping him. Copy Vegeta, on the other hand, destroyed Gotenks easily.
You are still missing the point. We don't know how much more powerful Rilld is in comparison to Majin Boo. He may be stronger than all of his forms and who knows where he stacks, since it's unclear which form Goku meant and Goku is even stronger than Rilld. We know Gotenks is at least weaker than two forms of Majin Boo, so there is room for Copy-Vegeta to fit in a position he is still weaker than Rilld.
That is true. If we take the statement as meaning Rilldo's stronger then Buuhan, then he's most likely stronger then Copy-Vegeta.

However, in BOG, Goku said that fusion wouldn't work against the very heavily suppressed Beerus, yet Base Goku and Super Saiyan Goku fought against a much less suppressed Beerus and held his own.

On top of that, Base Goku fought a Frieza in his final form whose first form almost killed Gohan with a couple of death beams.