If Dragon Ball characters became music artists, what genres would they do?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DBZAOTA482
Banned

If Dragon Ball characters became music artists, what genres would they do?

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 4:55 pm

What would be most fitting towards their character? I'll start with some examples:

Goku: Nursery Rhymes

Gohan: Happy rap

Vegeta: Heavy metal

Piccolo: Harmonic

Yamcha: Rock

Master Roshi: Scat

Bulma: Pop

Chi-Chi: R&B/soul

Ox-King: Country

Caulifla: Gangsta/Hardcore rap

Ribrianne & gang: Pop
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: If Dragon Ball characters became music artists, what genres would they do?

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:21 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Goku: Nursery Rhymes
:lol: :lol: :lol: this legit made me laugh

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:30 pm

Zamasu: Emo.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:38 pm

Hit : Jazz

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:50 pm

Caulifla: Hip hop
    Brianne de Chateau: Pop
      Future Trunks: Rock
        Goku Black: Classical Music.

Kataphrut
        I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kataphrut » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:17 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote: Broly: Nursery Rhymes
        Fixed it for you.

I reckon Gohan would be a classic rock guy, very vanilla tastes.

EDIT: Ooh, and while we're on the subject, Kale would totally be a Gerard Way fan.

kn83
        Banned

Post by kn83 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 12:25 am

Future Trunks: Grunge Rock

Broly: 80's Metal

Gohan: Classic Rock

Ribranne: K-Pop

Mr. Satan: 80's arena rock.

Goku Black: Opera

I'm clueless about the rest lmao.

Puaru
        Banned

Post by Puaru » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:21 am

Gohan would totally do classical music.

Vegeta would do metal.

Goku cares so little about anything other than fighting that I can't imagine him doing any music at all. So yeah, nursery rhymes is probably the most advanced thing he could possibly muster.

Jackal puFF

Post by Jackal puFF » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:42 pm

I could totally see Trunks and Mai playing some indie music like Tame Impala.

Freeza9000
        Advanced Regular

Post by Freeza9000 » Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:19 am

We already know what Jiren is a fan of: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mhd9NKPYwSc

sunsetshimmer
        I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:47 pm

Cooler: Rock
        Frieza: Classic
        Buu: Pop
        Super 17: Hard rock
        Baby: Disco
        "I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

DanielSSJ

Post by DanielSSJ » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:54 pm

You can't tell me that ChiChi wouldn't go for classic.
        My Official Unofficial Battle Power list (in-progress: updated 11/8/2022—FREEZA ARC COMPLETED)

GreatSaiyaman123

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Fri Feb 23, 2018 6:52 pm

Broly would definitely play that 90s hard metal.
        Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Zephyr
        I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:31 pm

Goku's probably got some standard tastes, all about pushing forward, and motivating oneself. Inspirational rock stuff. Pushing his limits, rising up, and rocking that challenge. Videl would likely be along the same line.

Vegeta's definitely more about that Megadeth, with his bitter, hateful grudge and seething anger, often eerily close to a deadly infatuation with Kakarot.

Gohan was thrown into battle when he was too young. I'm sure he's got a chip on his shoulder about that. Then again, he's also a scholar, so his inevitable interest in history, myth, and literature would no doubt bleed into his music.

Future Trunks, that poor hopeful bastard, would probably wail on about making it through the night.

Goten and Trunks are kids, so they're probably into stuff that toes the line between corny, cringe-inducing, and edgy, super upset that their parents just don't understand.

Yamcha is hopeless romantic, so he'd probably glam it up and sing about nothing but love, and his complete and utter inability to find it.

Hit and Tao Pai Pai strike me as the kinds of dudes to gloat about their job.

The Saiyans in general, space barbarians that they are, seem like they'd be all over Melodic Viking Folk Power Death Metal.

Piccolo Daimao really strikes me as an Avant-garde Black Metal kinda guy.

#17's super into nature, so he strikes me as someone who would be more about Folk Metal, or maybe some nice and peaceful orchestral stuff, like Jeremy Soule.

Zamasu's got one hell of a superiority complex, and that would certainly be the focal point of every song he makes. Freeza probably as well.