Why Did U7 Have 3 Kaioshin With Ordinary Skin Colors?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Why Did U7 Have 3 Kaioshin With Ordinary Skin Colors?

Post by theherodjl » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:51 pm

Thus far all Kaioshin we have seen in other universes have had the following shades of skin colors: pink, green, purple, orange, and yellow. So why exactly is it that U7 would have multiple Kaioshin with the same normal skin color as many Earthling characters seen in the series while only Shin & Dai Kaioshin(Rou Kaioshin & Chronoa as well if you want to include them) possess the colorful skin tone as their brethern in other universes?
Is it possible that this is a sign that Shin was supposed to be the 'true' Kaioshin of U7 and the other Kaioshin were there to aid in his role until he was experienced enough to claim the sole position as U7's Kaioshin? Or maybe Kaioshin change their skin colors as they age? Could it just be a result of the unusual number of Kaioshin that U7 had?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Why Did U7 Have 3 Kaioshin With Ordinary Skin Colors?

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:55 pm

The same reason a guy like Recoome looks almost identical to an earthling.

Just because.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:36 am

I'm guessing it just means that Kaioshin have a wide variety of skin colors and not all of them are "weird" (as viewed by real-life humans) ones.

The weird thing to me is that the other universes have only had one Kaioshin shown. Are those guys supposed to be Dai Kaioshin of their respective universes, did just one Kaioshin out of a group get picked to represent them, or what? 7th Universe had the "Buu killed the others" excuse, so them only having one current Kaioshin (before the old guy got unsealed) made sense... but we know 10th can recruit high-level Kaios to the Kaioshin ranks rather than having to wait for a golden fruit, so unless Gowasu is the survivor of some unknown catastrophe and just hadn't recruited anyone else before Zamasu it seems odd they'd only have one. We don't even know exactly how the Kaioshin work in the other universes, so I suppose some of them could just have one Kaioshin to begin with... but having exactly one for every universe seems odd, knowing that the 7th was supposed to have five and the 10th would have two if Zamasu hadn't gone nuts.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:15 pm

Shin and his friends were Supreme Kais who ruled over regions of Universe 7 (Shin was specifically the East Supreme Kai); but their authority was not absolute, in fact they were ruled by a Grand Supreme Kai (also known as Daikaioh). The Grand Supreme Kai and most of the Supreme Kais were butchered by Buu, and so Shin, who was just the East Supreme Kai at the time, became the de-facto Grand Supreme Kai of Universe 7. But we don't know if Daikaioh, prior to his fall at the hands of Buu, planned to have Shin become his successor as Grand Supreme Kai of Universe 7.

It is likely that all Supreme Kais that were shown during the Tournament of Power (Gowasu included) are the Grand Supreme Kais of their respective Universes. Which means that, while Gowasu might have had a couple of Supreme Kais who helped him rule over specific sections of Universe 10, he planned to have Zamasu, a natural prodigy and an astonishing genius, take on the mantle of Grand Supreme Kai, who would one day rule over Universe 10 and all lesser Supreme Kais in it.

Or at least that's my interpretation on the subject of Supreme Kais.
Thus far all Kaioshin we have seen in other universes have had the following shades of skin colors: pink, green, purple, orange, and yellow. So why exactly is it that U7 would have multiple Kaioshin with the same normal skin color as many Earthling characters seen in the series while only Shin & Dai Kaioshin(Rou Kaioshin & Chronoa as well if you want to include them) possess the colorful skin tone as their brethern in other universes?
I guess it's just a coincidence, and the producers didn't want the audience to feel like Supreme Kais were a monotonous and boring species with only 1/2 skin tones. After all, variety is the spice of life.
Last edited by SupremeKai25 on Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:18 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:Shin and his friends were Supreme Kais who ruled over regions of Universe 7 (Shin was specifically the East Supreme Kai); but their authority was not absolute, in fact they were ruled by a Grand Supreme Kai (also known as Daikaioh). The Grand Supreme Kai and most of the Supreme Kais were butchered by Buu, and so Shin, who was just the East Supreme Kai at the time, became the de-facto Grand Supreme Kai of Universe 7. But we don't know if Daikaioh, prior to his fall at the hands of Buu, planned to have Shin become his successor as Grand Supreme Kai of Universe 7.

It is likely that all Supreme Kais that were shown during the Tournament of Power (Gowasu included) are the Grand Supreme Kais of their respective Universes. Which means that, while Gowasu might have had a couple of Supreme Kais who helped him rule over specific sections of Universe 10, he planned to have Zamasu, a natural prodigy and an astonishing genius, take on the mantle of Grand Supreme Kai, who would one day rule over Universe 10 and all lesser Supreme Kais in it.

I'd say that's probably the best answer in light of the information we've received in the past few years.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:18 pm

SupremeKai25 wrote:Shin and his friends were Supreme Kais who ruled over regions of Universe 7 (Shin was specifically the East Supreme Kai); but their authority was not absolute, in fact they were ruled by a Grand Supreme Kai (also known as Daikaioh). The Grand Supreme Kai and most of the Supreme Kais were butchered by Buu, and so Shin, who was just the East Supreme Kai at the time, became the de-facto Grand Supreme Kai of Universe 7. But we don't know if Daikaioh, prior to his fall at the hands of Buu, planned to have Shin become his successor as Grand Supreme Kai of Universe 7.

The issue with that is the Kaioshin of the other universes are never referred to as "a Kaioshin" of another universe but "the Kaioshin" of another universe, no other members or associated individuals are ever mentioned in their bios. Every Hakaishin is also described as having a Kaioshin counterpart and this individual is also never referred to as "Dai Kaioshin" or a representative of any of the four cardinal directions.
It seems to be a silent retcon of the original Dragon World's hierarchy or at the very least that the rules of U7 do not apply to other universes, the former being more likely due to even the "4 galaxies" of U7 being done away with to depict numerous more galaxies once Super Shenron was summoned. Whether Toriyama forgot and/or just didn't care enough to remember his rules for the universe that he envisioned is anyone's guess, I'd just like know why 3 Kaioshin look more like Earthlings than the rest of their race...if there is a reason.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think: