Assistance on Tier Names

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Assistance on Tier Names

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:29 pm

Hey there. I am trying to name strength tiers for a project I am doing. I would appreciate some advice.

This is what I have as of now:

Angel Tier:
---------------------
Destruction Tier:
---------------------
God Tier:
---------------------
Fusion Tier:
---------------------
Demon Tier:
---------------------
Creation Tier:
---------------------
Artificial Tier:
--------------------
Natural Tier:

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Assistance on Tier Names

Post by KBABZ » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:38 pm

I think there's a bias towards the ranges seen in Super. Here's the ones I'd add between Natural and Artificial Tiers to cover DB and Z:

- Natural Tier. I know this is covered, but for context in my list below this includes people of realistic real-world strength, including Turtle, Bulma, Bear with Sword, Farmer with Shotgun and those generic wrestlers in the qualifying rounds.
- Martial Tier. For characters like Nam, Man-Wolf and Chi-Chi who are stronger than normal folk and can get to the final rounds of the Tenkaichi Budokai on a normal day. Goku, Krillin and Yamcha during the 22nd TB also come under this one.
- Champion Tier. Stronger than Martial Artists, these guys are significantly stronger to the point of almost being supernatural. General Blue, Master Roshi, Korin and Tao Pai-Pai fall here, as well as Mr. Satan and Tien when he's first introduced.
- Daimao Tier. Named after Piccolo Daimao, these guys sit above Champions and include Daimao's minions, as well as Kami, Mr. Popo and Ma Junior. The lowest of Frieza's grunts also fall into this category.
- Saiyan Tier. Stronger than Daimao and Frieza grunts, this category is for the likes of Raditz and Nappa, as well as most other Saiyans seen in the Bardock special.
- Elite Tier. A rather broad one, this encompasses everyone from Dodoria up to the Ginyu Force, with Saiyan Saga Vegeta being at the bottom.
- Frieza Tier. Yet another vastly broad one, this covers the ranges of power exhibited by Frieza and King Cold.

I'm also not entirely sure what the Creation and Demon Tiers refer to. Cell and Buu?
Last edited by KBABZ on Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:59 pm

KBABZ wrote: *Snip*
Awesome set of tiers! Thank you! Yes, "Creation Tier" was because that's the range the Supreme Kais would be in. "Demon Tier" is to represent Dabura and Majin Buu.

I was trying to name tiers after generic words to describe the beings in those tiers i.e. "Fusion Tier" to describe Buuhan, Buutenks, Vegito, Gotenks.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:23 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote:
Awesome set of tiers! Thank you! Yes, "Creation Tier" was because that's the range the Supreme Kais would be in. "Demon Tier" is to represent Dabura and Majin Buu.

I was trying to name tiers after generic words to describe the beings in those tiers i.e. "Fusion Tier" to describe Buuhan, Buutenks, Vegito, Gotenks.
Thanks! Generic titles for tiers are a neat idea, but using characters and race names can be more helpful in some cases because that one character or race immediately tells people who might be in that Tier. That being said, I think one might be inclined to have a Cell/SSJ2 Tier simply because of how high those two are compared to the Androids.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Tue Feb 20, 2018 12:01 am

KBABZ wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:

Thanks! Generic titles for tiers are a neat idea, but using characters and race names can be more helpful in some cases because that one character or race immediately tells people who might be in that Tier. That being said, I think one might be inclined to have a Cell/SSJ2 Tier simply because of how high those two are compared to the Androids.
Do you think I should use "Meta Tier" to be above "Artificial Tier"? Would SSBerserker Kale be in the same tier as Cell? :think:

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:33 am

ChiefWamsutta wrote:Do you think I should use "Meta Tier" to be above "Artificial Tier"? Would SSBerserker Kale be in the same tier as Cell? :think:
No idea. If SSBerserker Kale faced off against an opponent who we know which Tier they'd fit into, that'd give a starting point to figure out where SSB Kale would go.

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:47 pm

KBABZ wrote:
ChiefWamsutta wrote:Do you think I should use "Meta Tier" to be above "Artificial Tier"? Would SSBerserker Kale be in the same tier as Cell? :think:
No idea. If SSBerserker Kale faced off against an opponent who we know which Tier they'd fit into, that'd give a starting point to figure out where SSB Kale would go.
I kinda figured SSBerserker Kale would be closer to SS2 Goku because Caulifla and Kale were amazed by SS3 Goku's power and wanted to achieve that.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:02 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote:I kinda figured SSBerserker Kale would be closer to SS2 Goku because Caulifla and Kale were amazed by SS3 Goku's power and wanted to achieve that.
True, that gives a ballpark, but remember that Super Saiyan is mainly a multiplier of one's existing strength, not a "jump to this number" transformation. It's why Goku focuses so much on increasing his base strength, rather than trying to find the next level of Super Saiyan or some other power up unless the circumstances require it.

Basically, Goku's base power would be MUCH higher than it was in the Buu saga, so his level at SS3 would be higher at that point in Super than it was when he showed it off to Buu.