Missed Opportunity for Backstory

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PacificOceanDub
Beyond Newbie

Missed Opportunity for Backstory

Post by PacificOceanDub » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:36 am

As I rewatch the entire series for the umpteenth time, I’ve realized that there is a point towards the end of the Frieza arc where the writers (if not AT then, at the very least, someone in charge of writing filler) could have incorporated some Kami/Piccolo backstory. When the surviving Nameks are brought to Earth, Kami could have travelled to where they were. Guru had mentioned way earlier that he knew of Kami’s father. There’s a good opportunity there for Kami and Piccolo to learn a little more about their background, albeit Guru might have really only known his father by name. Still, I’m just surprised Kami never communicates with the Nameks throughout the year that they stay on earth.
You shouldn’t have to (Cell.) your soul!

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Re: Missed Opportunity for Backstory

Post by Jackalope89 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:48 pm

Though technically Namekian, like Piccolo later on, Kami never knew planet Namek. Earth was his home.

Besides which, whose to say he didn't communicate with them during their stay?