So About These S-Cells?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

So About These S-Cells?

Post by theherodjl » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:18 pm

Can anyone with even a miniscule amount of S Cells become a SSJ? Say that a descendent of Goku or Vegeta born in the distant future had only 1%(or less) Saiyan blood but decided to train as hard as they could and deliberately put forth effort to frustrate themselves to the point of explosive rage, could this individual become a SSJ in time? Or how about if a non-Saiyan were to be injected with S Cells and their immune system did not reject said foreign material but allowed it to thrive, could this individual develop any SSJ related abilities through training & rage as well?
Or are S Cells so finicky as to prevent such benefits to anyone not exclusively born as a majority Saiyan?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Jackalope89
Advanced Regular

Re: So About These S-Cells?

Post by Jackalope89 » Sat Feb 24, 2018 1:54 am

Well, there is this;

GT, I know. But it oddly supports the whole S cells thing. And actually hits upon your future scenario.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sat Feb 24, 2018 4:49 am

theherodjl wrote:Can anyone with even a miniscule amount of S Cells become a SSJ? Say that a descendent of Goku or Vegeta born in the distant future had only 1%(or less) Saiyan blood but decided to train as hard as they could and deliberately put forth effort to frustrate themselves to the point of explosive rage, could this individual become a SSJ in time? Or how about if a non-Saiyan were to be injected with S Cells and their immune system did not reject said foreign material but allowed it to thrive, could this individual develop any SSJ related abilities through training & rage as well?
Or are S Cells so finicky as to prevent such benefits to anyone not exclusively born as a majority Saiyan?
Well, Vegeta is your case for someone who trains to the point of rage and frustration, and it took Vegeta a long time to achieve it. S-Cells are created when one is in a relaxing environment, which is why Goten and Trunks were able to get there at such an early age on Earth with 0.1x the gravity of the Saiyan homeworld (same applied to Goku and Vegeta Jr.). And that isn't the only part of the equation: after hitting the required amount of S-Cells, you also need the traditional traumatic event to light the fire, so to speak.

S-Cell injection is an interesting idea and it'd be intriguing to see a story where, say, Videl is given S-Cells and has to deal with potentially going Super Saiyan (since S-Cells are not a source of power as far as we know).

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:24 pm

I would think that just having less Saiyan blood wouldn't necessarily prevent a Super Saiyan transformation. I mean, the idea with Gohan was that he actually has more potential than the pure Saiyans thanks to being half-Saiyan (at least until the pure Saiyans unlocked a whole new realm of potential power thanks to the God transformations), and both Goten and Trunks had ludicrously high natural power growth with very little training despite not having Gohan-like potential for improvement further down the road. Pan was quarter-Saiyan and was outrageously strong as a 4-year-old, maybe even surpassing Goten and Trunks, and although we don't see her going Super Saiyan I'm sure it would be possible (I'm not going to count GT's version since it's pretty much been stated outright that the only reason she didn't go SSj was because nobody at the time could think up a design for a female Super Saiyan -- no longer a valid argument now that we've seen two of those!)

I imagine eighth-Saiyans, sixteenth-Saiyans, etc. would be similar to what we've seen with Goten, Trunks, and Pan -- less of the more "Saiyan-y" traits (the love of fighting, the tails), but still very strong and capable of transforming if the conditions are right. Maybe they'd even have an easier time reaching SSj2 than pure-blooded Saiyans, going by how both Gohan and future Trunks got the form (and Trunks improved upon it) with relatively little training compared to Goku or Vegeta. I would think that even though a more "watered down" hybrid (like your 1%-Saiyan example) might be born with less S-cells due to having so little Saiyan DNA, they'd have the advantage of not growing up in a warzone-like environment the way the pure Saiyans did, and they'd be less likely to have "standard angry violent Saiyan" personalities... both of which would cause the few S-cells they do have to develop and multiply much more rapidly. Maybe a "1%-Saiyan, 99%-human" hybrid wouldn't be able to go Super Saiyan as young as Goten and Trunks did, but it should still be possible.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:29 pm

As long as there's even a sliver of Saiyan in the bloodline, Super Saiyan should be possible under the right circumstances if such descendants train hard and grow up in an environment that promotes healthy growth.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:09 pm

You know, I wonder if Videl developed S Cells from having carried a baby with a fair degree of Saiyan blood for 9 months?? She was able to channel a SSJ aura during the SSJG ritual despite not having any S Cells of her own, maybe the S Cells injection idea isn't so farfetched?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KBABZ » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:33 pm

theherodjl wrote:You know, I wonder if Videl developed S Cells from having carried a baby with a fair degree of Saiyan blood for 9 months?? She was able to channel a SSJ aura during the SSJG ritual despite not having any S Cells of her own, maybe the S Cells injection idea isn't so farfetched?
Honestly if I were to pick a moment, it'd be when she helped Pan be part of the Super Saiyan God ritual itself as when she got it. Of course your idea means that Chi-Chi and Bulma would also have the possibility of having acquired S-Cells.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:39 am

I'm going to assume S-Cells only work with Saiyans due of their physiology. They are beings made to fight, that's why they can handle the dramatic increase in power Super Saiyan gives. In my opinion if you put S-Cells in a human and he tries to turn Super Saiyan their body wouldn't be able to handle it. Maybe freaks like Freeza could handle, 99,9% shouldn't.

About having having less than 1% of Saiyan blood well evolution isn't math, logically even if thousands of years pass without any Saiyans their great traits would persist. Unless they become repressed because they were unnecessary and because science, etc...