How did Trunks beat Freeza?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Re: How did Trunks beat Freeza?

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:40 am

By being stronger, simple as that. And probably knowing something about anatomy to perfectly cut Freeza in pieces, effectively.
Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

Son Perfect

Post by Son Perfect » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:59 pm

Speaking context wise, Toriyama played up Trunks to be leagues above Frieza to make the reveal of the artificial humans terrifying. In reality, no one really knows how strong Trunks is compared to Frieza and even Goku at the time. Frieza is "nothing" to Trunks and Trunks is nothing to the artifical humans.
I love Gohan a bit too much...

lancerman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by lancerman » Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:55 am

Since Freeza can use anywhere from 1% to 100% of his full power in his final form, it's impossible to know. He definitely wasn't 100% because we know that looks different. We also know that Freeza does have to power up a bit to get to 50%. So it's highly likely Trunks got there sub 50%, which a SSJ should be able to wreck.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:49 am

Trunks was just stronger. The sword and Freeza probably not being at 100%, made things easier for Trunks, but Trunks would still win, it would just take longer. The whole point of Trunks giving the sword to Cold was to point out that the sword wasn't the reason why he won.

Akyon
Regular

Post by Akyon » Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:56 pm

Frieza let his guard down, he was overconfident but also still terrified of the Super Saiyans at this point, his body whilst RIDICULOUSLY tough seems to be weak to bladed edges(see Krillin's Kienzan being the only permenant damage on Frieza for ages) and Trunks is the only Super Saiyan who doesn't turn into a "I'm going to prolong his suffering to showboat how powerful I am" moron.
Favourite User quote:
Vice wrote:"Look at all these characters getting some shine in the buildup for the tournament of power, maybe we'll get to see some other characters do some stuff instead of the same old shit."
1. Goku (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitor & Vegeta (Universe 7) has eliminated 6 competitors

"Fuck."

Ssjcell
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssjcell » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:22 pm

Did you not watch the fight trunks was much much stronger than frieza...