Are Fusions taller than their fusees?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Are Fusions taller than their fusees?

Post by Analytic » Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:15 am

Ignoring the fact that heights can sometimes be inconsistent (especially in the anime), does anyone else think that Gotenks appears to be visibly taller than Goten and Trunks individually? Vegetto also don't seem completely dwarfed by Gohan-Boo (who is even taller than 7'5" Piccolo). The only exception to this rule would be Kibitoshin who seems to be shorter than Kibito, though he's also the only Fusion that doesn't have a dual voice so it could just be explained by Kaioshin being so dominant.

I would post some manga scans as well, though it's hard to find ones that show Gotenks or Vegetto standing next to someone showing them both at the same angle to make a good comparison. If I find any I will be sure to update the OP.

Son_Gohan
Advanced Regular

Re: Are Fusions taller than their fusees?

Post by Son_Gohan » Sat Mar 03, 2018 2:30 am

Apparently:

kn83
Banned

Post by kn83 » Mon Mar 12, 2018 3:33 pm

Vegito seems to be slightly taller than Goku and Adult Gohan, like how Kefla is slightly taller than base Kale. Kibito-Shin seems to be the exception, as he is halfway between Shin and Kibito in height.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Fri Mar 16, 2018 2:55 pm

The Kibito-Kaioshin fusion seems to be the odd exception in a lot of ways, doesn't it? Only one that doesn't provide a massive power boost, only one that balances the heights of the fusees rather than making the resulting fusion slightly taller than the taller one, only one that doesn't have a fused voice...

Of course, the old Kaioshin is the same way -- fused with a witch, but only has one voice and definitely didn't get a huge power increase (if any at all.) Did Zamasu have the fused voice effect after fusing with Black or not? I haven't actually gotten around to watching that part of Super just yet. I'm thinking this is just how Potara fusions involving Kaioshin work, especially if they gave Zamasu a single voice rather than his+Black's voices.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:04 pm

Pantalones wrote:The Kibito-Kaioshin fusion seems to be the odd exception in a lot of ways, doesn't it? Only one that doesn't provide a massive power boost, only one that balances the heights of the fusees rather than making the resulting fusion slightly taller than the taller one, only one that doesn't have a fused voice...

Of course, the old Kaioshin is the same way -- fused with a witch, but only has one voice and definitely didn't get a huge power increase (if any at all.) Did Zamasu have the fused voice effect after fusing with Black or not? I haven't actually gotten around to watching that part of Super just yet. I'm thinking this is just how Potara fusions involving Kaioshin work, especially if they gave Zamasu a single voice rather than his+Black's voices.
Nah, it's just Zamasu's voice.

I mean, it makes sense, given that both are technically the same person.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:19 pm

Did Zamasu have the fused voice effect after fusing with Black or not? I haven't actually gotten around to watching that part of Super just yet. I'm thinking this is just how Potara fusions involving Kaioshin work, especially if they gave Zamasu a single voice rather than his+Black's voices.
Unlike Old Kai and Kibito Kai, Fused Zamasu does not have a singular voice. Instead, his voice consists of two "Zamasu" voices overlapping one another. This may be due to the fact that both of his components were technically separate instances of the same being (albeit with one possessing a different person's body). It also fits with the trend of Supreme Kai Potara fusions being voiced by a single person.

Sonofman
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sonofman » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:03 pm

Yes, fusions are taller than the two whom fused together. Unless its Kibito and Supreme Kai, then it's inbetween. I think it's just the matter of the height in the two person whom are fusing together.
"We have this hope as an anchor for our soul" - Hebrews 6:19

DBZAOTA482
Banned

Post by DBZAOTA482 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:23 am

I always thought Vegito was slightly shorter than Goku.
fadeddreams5 wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:... Haven't we already gotten these in GT? Goku dies, the DBs go away, and the Namekian DBs most likely won't be used again because of the Evil Dragons.
Goku didn't die in GT. The show sucked him off so much, it was impossible to keep him in the world of the living, so he ascended beyond mortality.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:31 am I'm just about done with the concept of reboots and making shows that were products of their time and impactful "new and sexy" and in line with modern tastes and sensibilities. Let stuff stay in their era and give today's kids their own shit to watch.

I always side eye the people who say "Now my kids/today's kids can experience what I did as a child!" Nigga, who gives a fuck about your childhood? You're an adult now and it was at least 15 years ago. Let the kids have their own experience instead of picking at a corpse.

Analytic
Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytic » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:05 pm

DBZAOTA482 wrote:I always thought Vegito was slightly shorter than Goku.
Vegetto looks pretty tall here.