Is There Some Way For A Saiyan To Unlock All Of Their Latent Power In Base State?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

theherodjl
I Live Here

Is There Some Way For A Saiyan To Unlock All Of Their Latent Power In Base State?

Post by theherodjl » Mon Mar 05, 2018 11:46 pm

The closest thing was Rou Kaioshin's technique stated to take a person's power "way beyond their limits", evidently that didn't mean Ultimate Gohan would harness all of the latent power he had within him though as he was still able to become stronger in DBS. Not counting God power-ups or transformation stacking, is or was there some way for Goku or any other Saiyan to reach their full potential in an ordinary state as Jiren has seemingly done? Would simple training be enough? Maybe a second unlocking attempt by Rou Kaioshin? Zenkais? Garnering anger?
Or are Saiyans dependent on transformations to improve?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

ChiefWamsutta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Is There Some Way For A Saiyan To Unlock All Of Their Latent Power In Base State?

Post by ChiefWamsutta » Tue Mar 06, 2018 1:52 am

I genuinely don't think so. I believe part of the Saiyan biology and genealogy is to transform. While some species never will transform.

Bardock, King Vegeta, Raditz, Nappa, Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Future Trunks, Goten, Trunks, Caulifla, Cabba, Kale, Pan, and Bra all transformed/would all transform at some point. Frieza and Cold transform as well because of their species. Zarbon and his race would do the same. Cell transformed because of Saiyan and Frieza-race genes. Buu is magical and was made that way.

Humans, including Bulma, Krillin, Yamcha, Tien, Roshi, Tao Pai Pai, General Blue, Android 17, Android 18, etc. don't transform. Beerus and the other Gods of Destruction wouldn't transform. The Angels, Kais, Kaioshins, and Omni-Kings don't either. Hit, Botamo, Magetta, Jiren, and most other species do not transform.

Namekians aren't supposed to transform, so I can't see this happening.

Toppo transformed when he became a God of Destruction, so maybe his species can do it.

Essentially, only a few species can transform: Saiyans, Frieza's race, Zarbon's race, Toppo's race (maybe), Cell (by extension), and Buu (because of magic). Every other species hasn't been shown to do so.

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Is There Some Way For A Saiyan To Unlock All Of Their Latent Power In Base State?

Post by Saturnine » Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:43 am

There is no such thing as "all latent potential", at least not long term :p

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Mar 06, 2018 6:03 am

While I do like the designs and the concepts of SSJG & UI's lineage, it would have been cool to see at least one Saiyan achieve their full potential while in base state. That opportunity could've been used for Gohan in the ToP, in that he used rage to break through the confines of the Ultimate state and finally pull out all the power that he had been suspected of having since his introduction in the series. Maybe resembling what he looked like when he attacked Raditz.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:34 pm

Isn't that what Potential Unleased Gohan was in Z? He could basically access all his power in his natural state once Elder Kai finished the ritual.

that has now been changed to a transformation in Super

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:42 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:Isn't that what Potential Unleased Gohan was in Z? He could basically access all his power in his natural state once Elder Kai finished the ritual.

that has now been changed to a transformation in Super
It's still technically that, it's just not "permanent" power that replaces his regular base power. For example, he can't stack Super Saiyan on top of Ultimate since Ultimate is drawing all of his latent power out that SS forms would ordinarily be used for. And it's a power he can lose access to if he doesn't train and maintain the Ultimate power.

Think of it like this: Gohan has his base form, and then Gohan has his Ultimate form where he accesses his full potential power without transforming. However, they're still separate states.

Ultimate is basically what the whole topic comes down to, it's just that people expect it to be something permanent rather than something that must be tapped into.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:53 pm

ChiefWamsutta wrote:I genuinely don't think so. I believe part of the Saiyan biology and genealogy is to transform. While some species never will transform.

Bardock, King Vegeta, Raditz, Nappa, Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Future Trunks, Goten, Trunks, Caulifla, Cabba, Kale, Pan, and Bra all transformed/would all transform at some point. Frieza and Cold transform as well because of their species. Zarbon and his race would do the same. Cell transformed because of Saiyan and Frieza-race genes. Buu is magical and was made that way.

Humans, including Bulma, Krillin, Yamcha, Tien, Roshi, Tao Pai Pai, General Blue, Android 17, Android 18, etc. don't transform. Beerus and the other Gods of Destruction wouldn't transform. The Angels, Kais, Kaioshins, and Omni-Kings don't either. Hit, Botamo, Magetta, Jiren, and most other species do not transform.

Namekians aren't supposed to transform, so I can't see this happening.

Toppo transformed when he became a God of Destruction, so maybe his species can do it.

Essentially, only a few species can transform: Saiyans, Frieza's race, Zarbon's race, Toppo's race (maybe), Cell (by extension), and Buu (because of magic). Every other species hasn't been shown to do so.
Though I believe that the Ultimate and Ultra Instinct state are less transformations, I do agree that Saiyans do tend to gain power through transformations.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.