Does Toppo's mother have a moustache?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Does Toppo's mother have a moustache?

Post by Doctor. » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:03 am

You have to wonder if it's a species trait, considering Zarbuto from U2 seems to be from the same species and he has a moustache, or if it's a personal choice on Toppo's part.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Re: Does Toppo's mother have a moustache?

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:51 am

Doctor. wrote:You have to wonder if it's a species trait, considering Zarbuto from U2 seems to be from the same species and he has a moustache, or if it's a personal choice on Toppo's part.
Zarbuto is a Tsufurian, and I don't think Toppo is one either.

Although it'd be pretty funny if the females of Toppo's also had brilliant mustaches.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue Mar 06, 2018 10:10 am

Yes.

Of course.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:20 am

Cipher wrote:Yes.

Of course.
Are the babies born with moustaches? Is it a kind of Saiyan-like deal where it doesn't change since birth?

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:22 am

Doctor. wrote:Are the babies born with moustaches? Is it a kind of Saiyan-like deal where it doesn't change since birth?
Babies are born without mustaches and most steal one from the elders.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:54 am

Cipher wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Are the babies born with moustaches? Is it a kind of Saiyan-like deal where it doesn't change since birth?
Babies are born without mustaches and most steal one from the elders.
No, no, that's a horrible stereotype. They legitimately win them through hop-scotch tournaments.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:06 pm

Y'know, I didn't think about it until just now, but since the 2nd and 11th universes should be "twins"... the U2 guy being the same race as Toppo makes a whole lot more sense than the 2nd universe randomly having a Tsufurian.

I mean, the Yardrat can at least be explained by him being so good at teleporting that he teleported himself to a whole new universe. There's no reason for a Tsufurian to be in a universe with no connection to the 7th unless Jimeze randomly decided to let him hitch a ride on his way over.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Tue Mar 06, 2018 4:18 pm

Pantalones wrote:Y'know, I didn't think about it until just now, but since the 2nd and 11th universes should be "twins"... the U2 guy being the same race as Toppo makes a whole lot more sense than the 2nd universe randomly having a Tsufurian.

I mean, the Yardrat can at least be explained by him being so good at teleporting that he teleported himself to a whole new universe. There's no reason for a Tsufurian to be in a universe with no connection to the 7th unless Jimeze randomly decided to let him hitch a ride on his way over.
Or...... different Universes have different species.

Seriously, there are plenty works of fiction that have the same species evolving on different planets separate from one another.

Is it really so hard to believe that the Kaioshin could've simply made the same species on more than planet or in more than one Universe? Dude's a Tsufurian, and Toppo isn't.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:23 pm

I can't take this topic seriously at all!
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:31 pm

majinwarman wrote:I can't take this topic seriously at all!
Please do. This is a very serious issue and the legitimacy of Dragon Ball Super as a worthy successor to DBZ rests on this question.

Onibaku
Beyond Newbie

Post by Onibaku » Tue Mar 06, 2018 5:34 pm

Since when shitposting takes place in this forum? Thought it was tight with tha rules

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:40 pm

Doctor. wrote:
majinwarman wrote:I can't take this topic seriously at all!
Please do. This is a very serious issue and the legitimacy of Dragon Ball Super as a worthy successor to DBZ rests on this question.
Well, then Super has a huge problem if it is relying on me taking a topic seriously in order to be a worthy successor to DBZ.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Logania
Regular

Post by Logania » Tue Mar 06, 2018 11:00 pm

Has to be genetics. A moustache that good simply can't be made by normal means.
"I can't increase my ability through some kind of noisy transformation the way Frost and you Saiyans do. If I wanna become more lethal, I don't have the luxury of cutting corners, I just have to do it the old-fashioned way.

Combat is craft. What matters most is not raw power, but the skill by which you hone it."

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Mar 07, 2018 2:33 am

She might? Who knows. Reminds me of how in the Lord of the Rings universe a lot of people assume there are no female dwarves, but in reality there are, they just look so similar to the male dwarves that most people from other races can't tell the difference.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:03 am

Logania wrote:Has to be genetics. A moustache that good simply can't be made by normal means.
Maybe it's genetics. Maybe it's Maybelline.

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Post by Pantalones » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:19 pm

But that's exactly what I'm saying.

Different universes should have different species. The only established exception to this are the "twin universe" pairs, which started out with the same planets and have at least some of the same species -- that's why the 6th Universe has Saiyans, Namekians, Freeza-like aliens, and had an Earth populated by humans before they killed themselves off in a war sometime in the past. The 6th is the "twin" of the 7th, so it has a lot of the same species.

The 2nd Universe is the "twin" of the 11th. So going by what's established, you'd find at least some of the same species in both universes.

The 2nd Universe has no connection to the 6th or 7th. That's why a Tsufurian randomly being in the 2nd Universe makes no sense without some explanation.

Where was it even said that Zarbuto is a Tsufurian in the first place? I know it's never mentioned in the actual show. With Jimeze it was obvious since he looked just like the other Yardrats and used Instant Transmission too, but Zarbuto just looks like a mustached human-like guy -- there's not really anything about him that serves as a neon sign indicating that he's supposed to be a species we've heard of before, rather than just one of the many "human-ish alien" species that exist (like Recoome's race, whatever species Brianne and the others are, etc... even somebody like Jeice probably qualifies, his only odd feature is the bright Crayola red skin in place of a regular human-like skintone.)

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:33 pm

Pantalones wrote:
But that's exactly what I'm saying.

Different universes should have different species. The only established exception to this are the "twin universe" pairs, which started out with the same planets and have at least some of the same species -- that's why the 6th Universe has Saiyans, Namekians, Freeza-like aliens, and had an Earth populated by humans before they killed themselves off in a war sometime in the past. The 6th is the "twin" of the 7th, so it has a lot of the same species.

The 2nd Universe is the "twin" of the 11th. So going by what's established, you'd find at least some of the same species in both universes.

The 2nd Universe has no connection to the 6th or 7th. That's why a Tsufurian randomly being in the 2nd Universe makes no sense without some explanation.

Where was it even said that Zarbuto is a Tsufurian in the first place? I know it's never mentioned in the actual show. With Jimeze it was obvious since he looked just like the other Yardrats and used Instant Transmission too, but Zarbuto just looks like a mustached human-like guy -- there's not really anything about him that serves as a neon sign indicating that he's supposed to be a species we've heard of before, rather than just one of the many "human-ish alien" species that exist (like Recoome's race, whatever species Brianne and the others are, etc... even somebody like Jeice probably qualifies, his only odd feature is the bright Crayola red skin in place of a regular human-like skintone.)
It was on some character bios released on the Toei website, I believe.

Honestly, I still don't get the complaints about certain races being present in more than one Universe. Why does there need to be an explanation? Universe 6, for instance, has Saiyans and Humans that evolved completely separately from the ones in Universe 7. And don't give me any BS about "mirror Universes".

It's the EXACT same idea, and people bought that. If people can't buy that Tsufurians and Yardrats can evolve in other Universes, then I'm afraid we have nothing else to discuss.