Does Jiren have god ki?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Does Jiren have god ki?

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Fri Mar 09, 2018 2:15 am

IIRC in the manga it was stated that Toppo had god ki even before becoming a Hakaishin, but what about Jiren?
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: Does Jiren have god ki?

Post by theherodjl » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:33 am

I guess so, I can't recall a moment where a normal Ki user like Roshi, Krillin, or Tenshinhan stated that they could sense Jiren's Ki so I guess he's got some Godly power.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:08 am

Well in Toppo's case its understandable, he's been training to become a GoD, Even if he dose not have his transformation in the manga it makes sense for him to have access to god ki.

Jiren on the other hand has never been stated to have trained with Marcarita or possess any kind of god power. Also he's not the first mortal to have god level power without god ki. Frieza, #17, Kefla, Koichiarator, Aniraza, Hit, Bergamo and a few others have displayed power that rivels, equals or surpasses that possessed by those who have god ki. Jiren is just the most extreme example.

God Ki may grant a a big power boost but like transformation its not a thing someone has to have to be that strong.

Nero<>Akira
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Nero<>Akira » Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:24 pm

Naw. He has regular ki. Perfect Organism
Zamasu is the best DB villain besides Freeza (and this is only the case because the current Super arc elevated Freeza to be that good).

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:27 pm

Its hard to tell cause apparently now anyone can read god ki considering piccolo could tell how strong UI omen goku and compare him to LSSJ2 Kefla. If I had to guess I would say yes since one of the kai's did say Jirens level of power can't be achieved through normal training and the fact that Belmod knows so much about him makes me think Yes

Svenerator

Post by Svenerator » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:36 am

I don't think he has god ki. There is however, a distinction between having it and also sensing it. From a logical perspective it would make sense that not anyone can access god ki, no matter how hard you train, it is either a trait from a transformation or from a title (god of destruction e.g.). Coincidentally, Goku and Vegeta just needed the SSJG transformation to become stronger, and as the name implies it comes with god ki and the ability to sense it as well. There have been numerous examples of individuals who have incredible power without god ki, Freeza, Trunks with his rage boost, and even Gohan who somehow has gotten a lot stronger without the SSJG transformation. Jiren is just incredibly strong, you don't need god ki to become this strong, it is just a different type of ki. Gods of destruction are just that much stronger because they train under their angel. I personally think that this is a shitty progression, the show started out showing that god ki is this amazing thing with amazing potential. But much like the Freeza arc from DBZ, it introduced a massive powercreep, so in order to not make everyone irrelevant again, they had to nerf it and imply that god ki is not a crutch to reach certain heights, merely a shortcut if you could say.

Sonofman
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Sonofman » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:04 am

I'd probably say no, he does not have God Ki. We don't even know how Jiren was able to gain that much power, even surpassing his own GoD. But, the anime does show his aura to be similar to SSB and UI. So, I'm not sure. There's hardly any evidence at all for him having Godly Ki... I wouldn't be surprised if he did or didn't since he is so OP.
"We have this hope as an anchor for our soul" - Hebrews 6:19

Saiyan_Prince

Post by Saiyan_Prince » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:16 pm

I'm pretty sure Jiren does not have god ki. Caulifla asks Kale if she "feels that" I assumed that was his energy, and I don't think Caulifla can sense God ki.
My motivation was very different than Kakarott's. My motivation was to be the best. To be the greatest Saiyan alive, as I always have been