How big is the Tenkaichi Budokai stage?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

How big is the Tenkaichi Budokai stage?

Post by dragonball0900 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:05 am

This is a question I've recently wanted an answer to. Was there ever official information about how big the stage of the Tenkaichi Budokai tournaments was? If not, how big do you think it is?

Pantalones
Advanced Regular

Re: How big is the Tenkaichi Budokai stage?

Post by Pantalones » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:27 am

It definitely seems to vary from one part of the story to the next -- the stage we see in the Buu Saga seems bigger to me than the one in the older Dragonball series. Of course, it was destroyed and rebuilt a couple times, so it wouldn't be too unusual for there to be some changes over the years.

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: How big is the Tenkaichi Budokai stage?

Post by KBABZ » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:46 am

Pantalones wrote:It definitely seems to vary from one part of the story to the next -- the stage we see in the Buu Saga seems bigger to me than the one in the older Dragonball series. Of course, it was destroyed and rebuilt a couple times, so it wouldn't be too unusual for there to be some changes over the years.
Correct, that was an abject change; it was made much larger and surrounded with grandstands, and there was distance added from the entry gate to the arena itself. Much larger than the original (compare the human figures in both pictures). In fact, it's never even mentioned if the second arena was even on Papaya Island; for all we know it's in one of the major cities and Papaya Island was abandoned!

That aside, the dimensions of the arena definitely warp to accommodate the fighting taking place on it. I mean, you're telling me an arena this big:

...is large enough to have moves like this not go out of bounds?