Would Goku have agreed to destroying the present timeline Cell?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nickzambuto
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Would Goku have agreed to destroying the present timeline Cell?

Post by nickzambuto » Tue Mar 13, 2018 4:48 am

I kind of feel bad for the present Cell. I mean, he wasn't even born yet. He was snuffed out before he even had a chance at life... most likely he would have grown up to be evil, but it's still tragic. His case is even cracked open and leaking fluids, giving the impression that he's crying. As if the larvae knows what is happening and knows that it cannot defend itself.

Then I remembered, Goku showed that he held similar sensibilities when he chose not to hunt Doctor Gero. He said that Gero hadn't actually done anything yet, so attacking him at that time would be wrong.

What would Goku have had to say if he was involved in the decision to destroy present Cell?

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Would Goku have agreed to destroying the present timeline Cell?

Post by KBABZ » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:39 am

He would probably disagree, but not be fussed since there was already a Cell running about and "it'd be boring fighting the same guy twice!".

TheUltimateNinja
I Live Here

Post by TheUltimateNinja » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:25 am

KBABZ wrote:He would probably disagree, but not be fussed since there was already a Cell running about and "it'd be boring fighting the same guy twice!".
That's why he thought there'd be no point in resurrecting Buu. Oh wait, he specifically asked for him to be reincarnated so he could have a rematch.

Goku would definitely save the Present Cell.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:12 am

Yeah, I can see Goku advocating for saving that Cell, but there is no way Trunks would just accept that and do nothing. He would probably still take action anyway and then Goku'd be like "oh well".
Last edited by TrunksTrevelyan0064 on Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:00 am

Considering this is is the same Goku that didn't want go after Gero because he hadn't done anything wrong, even though Trunk tells him that he's a apart of the Red Ribbon Army and will unleash Armageddon, I could definitely see Goku giving Present Cell a free pass under that same mentality.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:48 am

Oh, no. If Goku were there, there's no way he would have agreed to kill Present Cell. Not only was Present Cell not guilty of anything yet, but he was a potentially tough fighter who could have challenged him later. It's the same reason Goku decided to let Vegeta live after their first fight, and why he agreed to resurrect Frieza after the Tournament of Power. He can't resist the idea of a challenge, no matter how dangerous. Actually, the more dangerous the challenge, the better. Most of his allies are former villains too, so there would have been a chance Present Cell could join their ranks as well. But none of that will happen because Future Trunks aborted Cell. lol

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:49 pm

Best case scenario is Goku takes Cell to be reprogrammed by Bulma, or Gohan Piccolo and Vegeta being so much stronger Cell become an anti hero and just chooses not to absorb 17 and 18.