wrote a computer program to calculate power levels

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

wrote a computer program to calculate power levels

Post by PFM18 » Mon Mar 19, 2018 8:08 pm

Hey guys I wrote a program to calculate power levels(In this case the Cell saga) and I wanted to see what you guys thought of the numbers I ended up with. I did it by scaling each character off of the last and the computer calculating these accumulations. . For example I used my idea that Future trunks was about 20% stronger than Goku on Namek so he came to be 180 Million. I started by scaling from the last power level that we actually know: Goku's Super Saiyan power level of 150 Million. (I used a unit of Millions to avoid having a ridiculous number of digits and making it harder to read)

Future Trunks Super Saiyan: 180.0 Million
Post Namek Goku Super Saiyan: 205 Million
Super Saiyan Vegeta: 226 Million
Android 18: 338 Million
Android 17: 355 Million
Imperfect Cell(pre-absorption): 284 Million
Super Namekian Piccolo: 362 Million
Android 16: 497 Million
Imperfect Cell(post-absorption): 502 Million
Semi-perfect Cell: 1286 Million
Super Vegeta: 2315 Million
Super Trunks: 2199 Million
Perfect form Cell(Suppressed): 3241 Million
Ultra Trunks: 3299 Million
Mastered Super Saiyan Goku: 5787 Million
Full-Powered Perfect form Cell: 8681 Million
Mastered Super Saiyan Gohan: 6366 Million
Super Saiyan 2 Gohan: 12732 Million
Super Perfect Cell: 12095 Million
Super Saiyan Trunks(Cell games): 3299 Million
Super Saiyan Vegeta(Cell games): 3472 Million
Piccolo(Cell Games) 1811 Million

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: wrote a computer program to calculate power levels

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:55 am

So you just guessed how much stronger various characters were compared to others and then did the math?

I don't see why that would require a computer program.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:58 am

Future Trunks' initial level shouldn't be stronger than Namek SSJ Goku, Gohan says that SSJ Trunks' Ki is similar to Goku's on Namek and that was after Goku had lost some stamina in the fight with Freeza up to that point. At best, Trunks should be on par with Namek Goku instead of being stronger than him.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:43 am

Polyphase Avatron wrote:So you just guessed how much stronger various characters were compared to others and then did the math?

I don't see why that would require a computer program.
All of this is done automatically by the program and prints it out. If I showed you the input to the prgram maybe itd be more obvious how much calculations go into this and how much easier/faster it is to have a program do it. And each time I adjust a number all I have to do to check how it changes ALL of these calculations...is to press "Enter" I dont know if you realize but because each character is scaling from another character that if I change one number it will change the entire thing and so you want to easily be able to see how that changes the numbers.

And you act as though "guessing" isnt exactly what the entire concept of power levels comes down to. They are educated guesses but still guesses. The only time it isnt a guess are the officially stated ones from the Namek saga. This is just a more precise/accurate way to go about it.
Last edited by PFM18 on Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:45 am

theherodjl wrote:Future Trunks' initial level shouldn't be stronger than Namek SSJ Goku, Gohan says that SSJ Trunks' Ki is similar to Goku's on Namek and that was after Goku had lost some stamina in the fight with Freeza up to that point. At best, Trunks should be on par with Namek Goku instead of being stronger than him.
If Trunks is weaker or the same strength as Namek Goku, then why did he dispose of a now more powerful Freeza with no effort? Goku fought a weaker Freeza with more difficulty. Mecha Freeza was stated to be stronger than the previous Freeza and it was enough of a difference for him to be confident he could go to Earth and kill Goku.

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:49 am

That's a very nice work! Thanks for your contribution :)

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:24 am

wolflonnie wrote:That's a very nice work! Thanks for your contribution :)
Lol thank you but do you see anything that looks wrong? Like anything to criticize etc

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:16 pm

PFM18 wrote: Lol thank you but do you see anything that looks wrong? Like anything to criticize etc
I have some things. Everything seems fine until we reach Semi Perfect Cell. I don't think he should be that much stronger than Imperfect Cell, yes he is much stronger, but the gap shouldn't really need to be like over 2 times stronger. Maybe x1.5 of difference? Why not add 17's power into Imperfect Cell? Maybe that way it works since it will be a x1.7 difference between Imperfect and Semi Perfect, enough to stomp Android 16.

The same with Super Vegeta and Semi Perfect Cell, he is over twice as strong than Semi Cell in your list, but that's overkill, as said before, maybe a x1.5 or even a x1.33333 of difference would be needed, like a 30%.

Piccolo should also be somewhat closer to Cell Games Vegeta and Trunks, but still weaker than 50% Goku. I also think you should have added 50% MSSJ Goku on your list since it's a fundamental part to gauge Vegeta, Trunks and Piccolo's strength in the Cell Games.

Then we have base saiyans being weaker than Frieza.

It's quite a good list, but you have to keep in mind that there's no need for a 2x gap for the stronger opponent to stomp the other.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:22 pm

dragonball0900 wrote:
PFM18 wrote: Lol thank you but do you see anything that looks wrong? Like anything to criticize etc
I have some things. Everything seems fine until we reach Semi Perfect Cell. I don't think he should be that much stronger than Imperfect Cell, yes he is much stronger, but the gap shouldn't really need to be like over 2 times stronger. Maybe x1.5 of difference? Why not add 17's power into Imperfect Cell? Maybe that way it works since it will be a x1.7 difference between Imperfect and Semi Perfect, enough to stomp Android 16.

The same with Super Vegeta and Semi Perfect Cell, he is over twice as strong than Semi Cell in your list, but that's overkill, as said before, maybe a x1.5 or even a x1.33333 of difference would be needed, like a 30%.

Piccolo should also be somewhat closer to Cell Games Vegeta and Trunks, but still weaker than 50% Goku. I also think you should have added 50% MSSJ Goku on your list since it's a fundamental part to gauge Vegeta, Trunks and Piccolo's strength in the Cell Games.

It's quite a good list, but you have to keep in mind that there's no need for a 2x gap for the stronger opponent to stomp the other.
Well what I wrote in the code is to add the PL of Imperfect Cell with android 17 and then multiply that by 1.5.
So mathematically it looks like:
(Impcell+Andr17)*1.5
And it intuitively made sense to me atleast because it is more than just adding them due to the fact that Cell was designed to absorb 17 so he would get more than a simple additive boost. And I wanted to have a big gao between semi cell and 16 because the gap seemed huge when 16 punched semi cell repeatedly and semi cell didnt even flinch it was as though 16 wasnt doing anything at all.

And actually Super Vegeta isnt over twice as strong as Semi-Cell on the list. I made him 70% stronger than Semi Cell.

For Piccolo youre right I feel like it would make sense for him to be close to Vegeta and Trunks. All I did for him was give him a 5x boost over what he was against 17.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:27 pm

PFM18 wrote:
dragonball0900 wrote:

Well what I wrote in the code is to add the PL of Imperfect Cell with android 17 and then multiply that by 1.5.
(Impcell+Andr17)*1.5
And it intuitively made sense to me atleast because it is more than just adding them due to the fact that Cell was designed to absorb 17 so he would get more than a simple additive boost. And I wanted to have a big gao between semi cell and 16 because the gap seemed huge when 16 punched semi cell repeatedly and semi cell didnt even flinch it was as though 16 wasnt doing anything at all.

And actually Super Vegeta isnt over twice as strong as Semi-Cell on the list. I made him 70% stronger than Semi Cell. Double Semi cell would put him at 2.57 Billion but he is only at 2.31 Billion

For Piccolo youre right I feel like it would make sense for him to be close to Vegeta and Trunks. All I did for him was give him a 5x boost over what he was against 17.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:50 pm

PFM18 wrote: Well what I wrote in the code is to add the PL of Imperfect Cell with android 17 and then multiply that by 1.5.
(Impcell+Andr17)*1.5

And actually Super Vegeta isnt over twice as strong as Semi-Cell on the list. I made him 70% stronger than Semi Cell. Double Semi cell would put him at 2.57 Billion but he is only at 2.31 Billion

My understanding is that Cell was actually design for needing both androids so he didn't receive a big boost absorbing 17 and only happen with 18 because he already had the two androids inside him. And who says a gap of x1.7 wouldn't be good for someone to punch another one and not causing damage like in Android 16 and Semi Perfect Cell's case? For example, Captain Ginyu vs Kaioken X2 Goku, which is just a x1.5 difference, Goku dominated entirely Captain Ginyu's strength. Also Piccolo vs 3rd Form Frieza, Piccolo was already stronger than 2nd Form Frieza, but was nothing in comparison to Third Form Frieza, if we assume that Third Form Frieza is twice as strong as 2nd Form, or even less than twice, who knows.
Also you have the gap between Imperfect Cell and Piccolo as a bit higher than x1.3 and Piccolo with his strongest attack wasn't able to damage Cell at all. Obviously a single punch from Android 16 wouldn't do anything with that kind of gap.

About Super Vegeta vs Semi Perfect Cell, yeah I got it wrong, but it was still close to twice, I still don't see the need to make the gap between them a x1.8 when a x1.3333 can be need easily to toy with the opponent, just look at Cui vs Vegeta for example, a similar case happened there, only that Vegeta didn't toy with him and killed him instantly.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:45 pm

dragonball0900 wrote:
PFM18 wrote: Well what I wrote in the code is to add the PL of Imperfect Cell with android 17 and then multiply that by 1.5.
(Impcell+Andr17)*1.5

My understanding is that Cell was actually design for needing both androids so he didn't receive a big boost absorbing 17 and only happen with 18 because he already had the two androids inside him. And who says a gap of x1.7 wouldn't be good for someone to punch another one and not causing damage like in Android 16 and Semi Perfect Cell's case? For example, Captain Ginyu vs Kaioken X2 Goku, which is just a x1.5 difference, Goku dominated entirely Captain Ginyu's strength. Also Piccolo vs 3rd Form Frieza, Piccolo was already stronger than 2nd Form Frieza, but was nothing in comparison to Third Form Frieza, if we assume that Third Form Frieza is twice as strong as 2nd Form, or even less than twice, who knows.
Also you have the gap between Imperfect Cell and Piccolo as a bit higher than x1.3 and Piccolo with his strongest attack wasn't able to damage Cell at all. Obviously a single punch from Android 16 wouldn't do anything with that kind of gap.

About Super Vegeta vs Semi Perfect Cell, yeah I got it wrong, but it was still close to twice, I still don't see the need to make the gap between them a x1.8 when a x1.3333 can be need easily to toy with the opponent, just look at Cui vs Vegeta for example, a similar case happened there, only that Vegeta didn't toy with him and killed him instantly.
Alright so I changed Semi-cell to just be 1.7x Imperfect Cell and I changed supervegeta to just be 1.5x stronger than Semi-cell per your suggestion and here is the new output(It looks totally different now)

Interestingly enough without me changing Trunks or Piccolo directly the new output has them at almost exactly the same power during the Cell games. It also means that the time in the ROSAT yielded far lower results for Trunks and Vegeta than in the original output. And now Piccolo is slightly stronger than Perfect Cell when he first appeared and was really suppressed.

Semi-perfect Cell: 854 Million
Super Vegeta: 1281 Million
Super Trunks: 1217 Million
Perfect form Cell(Suppressed): 1793 Million
Ultra Trunks: 1825 Million
Mastered Super Saiyan Goku: 3202 Million
Full-Powered Perfect form Cell: 4802 Million
Mastered Super Saiyan Gohan: 3522 Million
Super Saiyan 2 Gohan: 7043 Million
Super Perfect Cell: 6691 Million
Super Saiyan Trunks(Cell games): 1825 Million
Super Saiyan Vegeta(Cell games): 1921 Million

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:53 pm

PFM18 wrote: Alright so I changed Semi-cell to just be 1.7x Imperfect Cell and I changed supervegeta to just be 1.5x stronger than Semi-cell per your suggestion and here is the new output(It looks totally different now)

Yeah this seems accurate. I like this one better. Though one thing is Piccolo. Yeah I said he should be close to Trunks and Vegeta, but you seem to be putting him like very equal to Trunks, when Cell said that only Trunks and Vegeta could barely fight the Cell Jrs, while Piccolo was only able to stand up but not able to fight them like the other two. Also Piccolo after exiting the ROSAT he admitted he was no match for the suppressed Perfect Cell that defeated Super Vegeta, so he should be weaker than that. I'd say he's stronger or around Super Vegeta but weaker than Perfect Cell (suppressed).

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:12 pm

dragonball0900 wrote:
PFM18 wrote: Alright so I changed Semi-cell to just be 1.7x Imperfect Cell and I changed supervegeta to just be 1.5x stronger than Semi-cell per your suggestion and here is the new output(It looks totally different now)

Yeah this seems accurate. I like this one better. Though one thing is Piccolo. Yeah I said he should be close to Trunks and Vegeta, but you seem to be putting him like very equal to Trunks, when Cell said that only Trunks and Vegeta could barely fight the Cell Jrs, while Piccolo was only able to stand up but not able to fight them like the other two. Also Piccolo after exiting the ROSAT he admitted he was no match for the suppressed Perfect Cell that defeated Super Vegeta, so he should be weaker than that. I'd say he's stronger or around Super Vegeta but weaker than Perfect Cell (suppressed).
you say "you seem to be putting him like very equal to Trunks" that wasnt intended that was just a product of the TWO changes I made that you suggested. This to me is why it is so cool to write a program for it because those little things instantly change where everybody stands in accordance to each other. I agree I think Trunks and Vegeta should be much stronger than Piccolo but by saying that supervegeta is only 50% stronger than semi-cell instead of 80% then it makes Vegeta(and by extension Trunks) weaker to the point where they are basically equal to Piccolo and Piccolo surpasses suppressed Cell. I thought the domination Vegeta gave Cell indicated a higher difference than 1.5. if the gap between Cell and Vegeta was smaller then it would make Piccolo less far behind the rest of them and it would make it easier for him to catch up to Vegeta and the Suppressed Cell that was previously mentioned. (and by making Semi-cell weaker you also make it easier for Piccolo to catch up to everybody else because then the gap isn't as big.)

Also, you make good points I appreciate the criticism

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:41 pm

PFM18 wrote: you say "you seem to be putting him like very equal to Trunks" that wasnt intended that was just a product of the TWO changes I made that you suggested. This to me is why it is so cool to write a program for it because those little things instantly change where everybody stands in accordance to each other. I agree I think Trunks and Vegeta should be much stronger than Piccolo but by saying that supervegeta is only 50% stronger than semi-cell instead of 80% then it makes Vegeta(and by extension Trunks) weaker to the point where they are basically equal to Piccolo and Piccolo surpasses suppressed Cell. I thought the domination Vegeta gave Cell indicated a higher difference than 1.5. if the gap between Cell and Vegeta was smaller then it would make Piccolo less far behind the rest of them and it would make it easier for him to catch up to Vegeta and the Suppressed Cell that was previously mentioned. (and by making Semi-cell weaker you also make it easier for Piccolo to catch up to everybody else because then the gap isn't as big.)

The solution is simple. Just don't make Piccolo increasing 5 times from his rosat training. In your list, Vegeta seems to increase roughly a little more than 5 times incluiding his ASSJ form, but without the ASSJ form and just SSJ, Vegeta should've increased less than that. Probably like 4 times. You should probably add Vegeta and Trunks (post 1st rosat) as normal SSJs too as a reference.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:55 pm

dragonball0900 wrote:
PFM18 wrote: you say "you seem to be putting him like very equal to Trunks" that wasnt intended that was just a product of the TWO changes I made that you suggested. This to me is why it is so cool to write a program for it because those little things instantly change where everybody stands in accordance to each other. I agree I think Trunks and Vegeta should be much stronger than Piccolo but by saying that supervegeta is only 50% stronger than semi-cell instead of 80% then it makes Vegeta(and by extension Trunks) weaker to the point where they are basically equal to Piccolo and Piccolo surpasses suppressed Cell. I thought the domination Vegeta gave Cell indicated a higher difference than 1.5. if the gap between Cell and Vegeta was smaller then it would make Piccolo less far behind the rest of them and it would make it easier for him to catch up to Vegeta and the Suppressed Cell that was previously mentioned. (and by making Semi-cell weaker you also make it easier for Piccolo to catch up to everybody else because then the gap isn't as big.)

The solution is simple. Just don't make Piccolo increasing 5 times from his rosat training. In your list, Vegeta seems to increase roughly a little more than 5 times incluiding his ASSJ form, but without the ASSJ form and just SSJ, Vegeta should've increased less than that. Probably like 4 times. You should probably add Vegeta and Trunks (post 1st rosat) as normal SSJs too as a reference.
Regardless of whether or not Vegeta's roughly 5x increase is because of ASSJ or not, Piccolo should be able to get a similar boost to that 5x don't you think? and if you were to make Piccolo only 4x stronger instead of 5 that would only make him slightly stronger than Semi-Perfect Cell. Although overall I guess it is fairly reasonable to just call it a 4x boost. A side-effect of these changes is that now Piccolo would have surpassed the original Super Vegeta upon going into the time chamber even if you reduced his training to only 4x instead of 5. Which honestly I dont think is the case. I dont think Piccolo from the Cell games could have completely dominated Semi-perfect cell the way that Vegeta did.

dragonball0900
Advanced Regular

Post by dragonball0900 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:20 pm

PFM18 wrote: Regardless of whether or not Vegeta's roughly 5x increase is because of ASSJ or not, Piccolo should be able to get a similar boost to that 5x don't you think? and if you were to make Piccolo only 4x stronger instead of 5 that would only make him slightly stronger than Semi-Perfect Cell. Although overall I guess it is fairly reasonable to just call it a 4x boost. A side-effect of these changes is that now Piccolo would have surpassed the original Super Vegeta upon going into the time chamber even if you reduced his training to only 4x instead of 5. Which honestly I dont think is the case. I dont think Piccolo from the Cell games could have completely dominated Semi-perfect cell the way that Vegeta did.
Piccolo surpassing or being as strong ASSJ Vegeta is not really contradictory since the only thing we know is that both of them are weaker than Suppressed Perfect Cell. Piccolo also hold his own against the Cell Jrs, not fighting them but was able to stand up, which would put Piccolo quite strong indeed.

The thing is, the increases Piccolo got in the ROSAT should be probably around the same increases Vegeta got WITHOUT counting the ASSJ, since the ASSJ is an extra form apart from his normal SSJ he had before the rosat. Otherwise Piccolo's level on the list won't work. I strongly recommend to put levels for normal SSJ Vegeta and Trunks (after the 1st rosat) in your list for references.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:10 am

PFM18 wrote:
theherodjl wrote:Future Trunks' initial level shouldn't be stronger than Namek SSJ Goku, Gohan says that SSJ Trunks' Ki is similar to Goku's on Namek and that was after Goku had lost some stamina in the fight with Freeza up to that point. At best, Trunks should be on par with Namek Goku instead of being stronger than him.
If Trunks is weaker or the same strength as Namek Goku, then why did he dispose of a now more powerful Freeza with no effort? Goku fought a weaker Freeza with more difficulty. Mecha Freeza was stated to be stronger than the previous Freeza and it was enough of a difference for him to be confident he could go to Earth and kill Goku.
Because Freeza was greatly suppressed.

Here's what Gohan had to say when Freeza arrived on Earth.

Chapter: 330 (DBZ 136), P9.7
Yamcha: “So this guy called ‘Fr…Freeza’ has such terrible…ab…absurdly large ki…?”
Gohan: “This isn’t it…he gets much, much stronger…!”

This is confirmation that Freeza wasn't anywhere close to his full power so Trunks did not dispose of a more powerful Freeza, he merely did the smart thing and took out Freeza before he could power up. It should also be noted that the highest level that Freeza could 'silently' power up to was his 70% power thus meaning that at maximum, Freeza was at 70% of his strength when he unleashed his blast on SSJ Trunks.
Freeza fought against a slightly tired SSJ Goku on Namek so Goku was not at his full strength of 150,000,000 but at a level around or slightly above Freeza's power of 120,000,000, this would likely cause Freeza to think that he was fighting a SSJ at full power and make the mistake of thinking that 120,000,000-ish was all he needed to overcome to beat Goku. I wouldn't be surprised if Mecha Freeza was just anywhere between 130,000,000 to 140,000,000 at full power, that is if he had ever gotten a chance to power up that much before Trunks killed him.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:42 pm

theherodjl wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Because Freeza was greatly suppressed.

Here's what Gohan had to say when Freeza arrived on Earth.

Chapter: 330 (DBZ 136), P9.7
Yamcha: “So this guy called ‘Fr…Freeza’ has such terrible…ab…absurdly large ki…?”
Gohan: “This isn’t it…he gets much, much stronger…!”

This is confirmation that Freeza wasn't anywhere close to his full power so Trunks did not dispose of a more powerful Freeza, he merely did the smart thing and took out Freeza before he could power up. It should also be noted that the highest level that Freeza could 'silently' power up to was his 70% power thus meaning that at maximum, Freeza was at 70% of his strength when he unleashed his blast on SSJ Trunks.
Freeza fought against a slightly tired SSJ Goku on Namek so Goku was not at his full strength of 150,000,000 but at a level around or slightly above Freeza's power of 120,000,000, this would likely cause Freeza to think that he was fighting a SSJ at full power and make the mistake of thinking that 120,000,000-ish was all he needed to overcome to beat Goku. I wouldn't be surprised if Mecha Freeza was just anywhere between 130,000,000 to 140,000,000 at full power, that is if he had ever gotten a chance to power up that much before Trunks killed him.
I really dont think they would make it such a point of emphasis that he is stronger than before if he was suppressed to the point of being inferior to the previous version of himself. Goku was tired and that is the only Goku that he fought , that Goku was clearly much stronger than him so the only reasonable reason for him to come back would be if he was sure he could defeat the Goku that defeated him. And trunks made Freeza look like a total scrub. Additionally, King Cold was also said to be stronger than Namek Freeza and Future Trunks destroyed him also so I dont think that Future Trunks would have been weaker than Namek Goku for those reasons.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Fri Mar 23, 2018 8:28 pm

PFM18 wrote:I really dont think they would make it such a point of emphasis that he is stronger than before if he was suppressed to the point of being inferior to the previous version of himself. Goku was tired and that is the only Goku that he fought , that Goku was clearly much stronger than him so the only reasonable reason for him to come back would be if he was sure he could defeat the Goku that defeated him. And trunks made Freeza look like a total scrub. Additionally, King Cold was also said to be stronger than Namek Freeza and Future Trunks destroyed him also so I dont think that Future Trunks would have been weaker than Namek Goku for those reasons.
And how would Mecha Freeza be stronger than his previous, full state of power when Gohan confirmed that he was greatly suppressed? Goku was far off in space still and no one on Earth could defeat Freeza, what reason is there for Freeza to power up to any substantial level that compares to his full strength on Namek? We would definitely know if Freeza was at max strength since his organic parts would bulk up if that were the case, it wasn't though.
Where did you get the idea that Cold was stronger than Freeza? Cold actually confirmed that Freeza was the strongest in his own clan and in the universe. When Freeza's ship approached Earth, all that was said about Cold's strength was that it was comparable to Freeza's which was later stated by Gohan to be a greatly suppressed level of Freeza's power. Nowhere was it ever stated that Cold had power on par with Namek Freeza's full strength, let alone Mecha Freeza's full strength.